UFOs?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I don't care one way or the other just as long as they stay out of my parking space.

Pecker

Confusion say: Man who see UFO, spaced out.

gigantikok: I don't think they are alien visitors in the way we would think of alien visitors. The odds of an alien species coming to this planet are astronomical. The nearest galaxy with a star that contains a "ring of life" (i.e. an area around the star where a planet could hold life) is so far away that it would take around 100 years for us to even send and recieve radio signals from a potential intelligent species. It's not likely that aliens have just been flying around watching us for 50 years.

So there are three possibilities...

a) The gov. has the technology to build aircrafts like those in the videos, and have had the technology for a long time, but for some wierd reason hasn't revealed that info to the public.

b) We are being visited by "beings of light". I.e. Alien creatures that can, on their own, travel faster then the speed of light because they themselves are made out of light. From far away or captured on a video camera they could look metallic or ship-like.

c) The videos are faked in some way.

I'd say possibility C is the most likely... :-/

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
How about a compromise? There is life on other planets, but they can't go faster than the speed of light, so they've never visited Earth.

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How about another alternative: Our race is (depending on who you talk to) 5000 years old, or 50,000 years old. Our solar system is young compared to ones farther out in the universe. So, We are a relatively young race as races go. Considering the universe is 14.5 billion years old, don't you think it's possible for another race to be 6,000 or 10,000 or a million years old? How about one a Billion or more years older? If that's the case, and even 30 to 50 years ahead would be able to do things we can't even imagine, think about a race 50,000 years older than us....or a million or a billion. The technology would be staggering compared to ours. Think about this....our own civilization 100 years ago would be amazed and would NOT understand most of the technology we use routinely today. Who knew 40 years ago when Star Trek had "communicators" that we'd have Nextels that look and work just like them. Once again, in 1900, stealth fighters and jet planes flying at 3x the speed of sound would be impossible to even imagine. Thats only 112 years ahead....suppose they were only 200?

Last edited:

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How about another alternative: Our race is (depending on who you talk to) 5000 years old, or 50,000 years old. Our solar system is young compared to ones farther out in the universe. So, We are a relatively young race as races go. Considering the universe is 14.5 billion years old, don't you think it's possible for another race to be 6,000 or 10,000 or a million years old? How about one a Billion or more years older? If that's the case, and even 30 to 50 years ahead would be able to do things we can't even imagine, think about a race 50,000 years older than us....or a million or a billion. The technology would be staggering compared to ours. Think about this....our own civilization 100 years ago would be amazed and would NOT understand most of the technology we use routinely today. Who knew 40 years ago when Star Trek had "communicators" that we'd have Nextels that look and work just like them. Once again, in 1900, stealth fighters and jet planes flying at 3x the speed of sound would be impossible to even imagine. Thats only 112 years ahead....suppose they were only 200?

They might even be so advanced that we couldn't even see them...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sheesh.

This is the exact same deep psychological need for someone to be "in control" of events that drives belief in God, in conspiracy theories, in the trilateral commission etc...

Here's how to tell when an idea is full of BS- evidence.

In a world where nearly every other human being has both a still and video camera, ON HIS PERSON.... any event that happens with the purported frequency of UFO's OUGHT to have provided copious amounts of clear, in focus, and sharp photographic evidence that makes it unambiguously clear that they are non=terrestrial spacecraft.

But there isn't, is there? All we get are fuzzy, indistinct images that are totally inconclusive. Or we get obvious hoaxes. ( alien autopsy anyone? )

The peculiar pattern of "evidence" in UFO beliefs systems is perfectly explainable by the fact that there ARE NO ALIENS SPACESHIPS.

Because, IF there are no alien spaceships, THEN any clear and properly focused photographs of UFO phenomena will clearly show a readily explainable origin.... and ergo be discarded as not being evidence of UFOs....
That will leave ONLY unclear, out of focus,photographs that are too ambiguous to clearly identify an ordinary origin, and leave open the question of whether it could be a real alien spacecraft.

See? The Pattern of ALL evidence being inconclusive is the RESULT of all conclusive evidence being tossed out because it doesn't back the belief system.

Add to that this simple reasoning.
Traveling to another star is not cheap. The energy involved in accelerating to any speed that would make the trip feasible in terms of time exceeds the energy consumed by the entirety of human civilizations in the past several hundred years.

And, no matter what futuristic culture you want to fantasize... energy is still gonna be a resource that costs something.

So... what possible intelligent purpose could drive a culture to make such a trip?
Either they desperately need our resources... in which case it would be a simple invasion using their advanced technology...

Or... they are curious to meet some other intelligent race.

The absolutely most insupportable notion is that they would travel across trillions of miles over decades of time just to mutilate some cows, probe some rural crackers, and do donuts in our wheat fields.

UFOs and Aliens are as stupid an idea as are angels...

I am CERTAIN there are intelligent races out there... But if they ever bother to come this far... they will absolutely say hello, or stick em up.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Interesting how we choose to anthropomorphisize other life forms, judging their behaviors with a human paradigm. Because, of course, the way humans think is the way every other "intelligent" life form in the universe would happen to think too. :cool:

If life forms from other planets came to earth, it is very likely we wouldn't be able to see them - not necessarily because they were invisible, but because they would be so far removed from our normal experience that our brains would have a difficult time processing something so unfamiliar and creating an image for our eyes to "see"

Sheesh.

This is the exact same deep psychological need for someone to be "in control" of events that drives belief in God, in conspiracy theories, in the trilateral commission etc...

Here's how to tell when an idea is full of BS- evidence.

In a world where nearly every other human being has both a still and video camera, ON HIS PERSON.... any event that happens with the purported frequency of UFO's OUGHT to have provided copious amounts of clear, in focus, and sharp photographic evidence that makes it unambiguously clear that they are non=terrestrial spacecraft.

But there isn't, is there? All we get are fuzzy, indistinct images that are totally inconclusive. Or we get obvious hoaxes. ( alien autopsy anyone? )

The peculiar pattern of "evidence" in UFO beliefs systems is perfectly explainable by the fact that there ARE NO ALIENS SPACESHIPS.

Because, IF there are no alien spaceships, THEN any clear and properly focused photographs of UFO phenomena will clearly show a readily explainable origin.... and ergo be discarded as not being evidence of UFOs....
That will leave ONLY unclear, out of focus,photographs that are too ambiguous to clearly identify an ordinary origin, and leave open the question of whether it could be a real alien spacecraft.

See? The Pattern of ALL evidence being inconclusive is the RESULT of all conclusive evidence being tossed out because it doesn't back the belief system.

Add to that this simple reasoning.
Traveling to another star is not cheap. The energy involved in accelerating to any speed that would make the trip feasible in terms of time exceeds the energy consumed by the entirety of human civilizations in the past several hundred years.

And, no matter what futuristic culture you want to fantasize... energy is still gonna be a resource that costs something.

So... what possible intelligent purpose could drive a culture to make such a trip?
Either they desperately need our resources... in which case it would be a simple invasion using their advanced technology...

Or... they are curious to meet some other intelligent race.

The absolutely most insupportable notion is that they would travel across trillions of miles over decades of time just to mutilate some cows, probe some rural crackers, and do donuts in our wheat fields.

UFOs and Aliens are as stupid an idea as are angels...

I am CERTAIN there are intelligent races out there... But if they ever bother to come this far... they will absolutely say hello, or stick em up.

We live in the outer ring of our galaxy, way out in the boonies. We maybe the rednecks of our Galaxy :). We have not got a clue what lay in the center, or on the other side of the center. Maybe no-one has got around to visiting yet. Maybe they have. Then there are trillions more galaxies way bigger and smaller than ours. Would seem like a waste of a lot of good space and real estate if we were the only ones, and all that stuff out there was set up for us to go awwwww and gawk at, at night.

Yep, we are the only ones. Till the neighbours come knocking.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuciferChild

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
UFO's are back? they been away lately, never heard about them for a quite....its the ufo mistery disappearing with time due to many fake proofs that people does???

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The thing that confirmed the hoax for me was people saying they'd found a piece of the Roswell 'craft'. Which in itself is no reason to disbelieve.

But they said that this material couldn't be burned, cut or destroyed/damaged in any way. Which sounds cool but then how did it break off in the first place?

CaptainTrips

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wish I could find the image again, but the Hubble telescope recently took a picture that gained some controversy. It had a wicked looking artifact in the image that looked precisely like a space ship. Was nifty :tongue:
(and yes, happens often)

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I'm extrapolating and if i remember { all this is on the net } when ufos first gained attention in the united states it was taken very serious by the DOD , the air force , congress and the cia. For one thing ufos violate us air space and probably international laws if they are aircraft of any sort.

The government commissioned study after study i believe by sandia labs and by cal tech. Their perspective wasn't so much scientific or religious { other life forms } but national security i believe. If ufos are aircraft they could be alien aircraft or foriegn aircraft { a russian technological breakthrough }. They could be carrying nuclear weapons or worse. If they are technological breakthroughs by a foreign country the united states still has subs and all that to respond. But not so if they are alien aircraft. The government would have to form contigency plans. {countermeasures}

But the dod , air force , cia , california institute of technology { there are smart people on this board but they are not in the league of cal tech scientists } , and sandia all reached the conclusions ufos are not aircrafts of any sort.

It was thought that after the cold war ended russia would reveal a batch of information about ufos. But i believe they reached the same conclusions. All previous russian reports were planned and fake. They had planned to use ufos as a psycholgocial cold war weapon.

I'm extrapolating and if i remember { all this is on the net } when ufos first gained attention in the united states it was taken very serious by the DOD , the air force , congress and the cia. For one thing ufos violate us air space and probably international laws if they are aircraft of any sort.

The government commissioned study after study i believe by sandia labs and by cal tech. Their perspective wasn't so much scientific or religious { other life forms } but national security i believe. If ufos are aircraft they could be alien aircraft or foriegn aircraft { a russian technological breakthrough }. They could be carrying nuclear weapons or worse. If they are technological breakthroughs by a foreign country the united states still has subs and all that to respond. But not so if they are alien aircraft. The government would have to form contigency plans. {countermeasures}

But the dod , air force , cia , california institute of technology { there are smart people on this board but they are not in the league of cal tech scientists } , and sandia all reached the conclusions ufos are not aircrafts of any sort.

It was thought that after the cold war ended russia would reveal a batch of information about ufos. But i believe they reached the same conclusions. All previous russian reports were planned and fake. They had planned to use ufos as a psycholgocial cold war weapon.
Have read so much about UFO's I use to watch the 50's science fiction as a kid. The original War Of The Worlds, Earth Versus The Flying Saucers etc....But..after reading some of the eye witness accounts from eras preceding those events and during those of the 'Cold War'. From my own observations and brief glimpses of the , lets say, even for me, unexplainable. My personal beliefs are swayed to one of I believe others exist.

If I possess the ability to imagine there are others out there I may not know about, then that ability to imagine is faulty. This world was once visited by terrestial bodies that changed our worlds events and futures. (who would have believed dinosaurs existed, if not for their bones, fossils) We passed through a space that happened to be busy at the time, well the Earth did anyway. We will again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forgetmenot123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aliens and UFO's are all real. If you have stuidied and wade through the details of their contacts, their primary purpose is the implanting and harvesting of human fetuses. For what, no one really knows. Could be tied to the fallen spirits and the 'embodiment' that actually the Bible talks about.
They have access to at least 7 dimentions that allows them to be radar and visually transparent.