Uganda may soon have a christian inspired law to execute Gays.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Drifterwood, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Rachel Maddow has been covering this story for months now. It's really fucked up in Uguanda... what's even more shameful is some of the ties between this country's barbaric legislative proposals with some of our own politicians and religious leaders. They're even talking about jail time for people who know someone for being gay and not reporting it! A complete witch hunt that borderlines on possible genocide, based on homophobia and bigotry. And you wonder why so many people dislike religion these days?

As a side note... has any of this EVER been covered on Fox? :rolleyes:

3. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

This thread can't get shuffled away too quickly. Gotta bump this one.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

I don't know what those people are, but I resent them being called Christians! :angryfire2: It's this kind of crazy ass behavior that makes people shun organized religion and Christianity specifically. :mad:

6. Drifterwood

Gold Member

They are as mad as any of the fundamentalists of other religions that your (and my) country are fighting in very real warfare.

7. Jason

Gold Member

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would think such a law being enacted would qualify as "state-sponsored terrorism" and earn the Ugandan government appropriate treatment by our own.

9. D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Only if your public show enough outrage.

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Why the hell do none of our christians come to threads like this and denounce this evil?

Once, just for fucking once, Naughty, Prep and others, where the fuck are you on these things?

Your silence will condemn you in many people's eyes.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

To be fair, some people have made statements denouncing this.
    Again, watch all of the pieces Maddow brought up on the subject matter. She was very adamant in displaying the connection between this legislation and the C Street House and pushed to get some of our politicians and religious leaders to openly challenge and/or condemn the passing of this bill. Some have made written statements.

Then again, they're not trying to do anything else beyond that. :rolleyes:

12. Drifterwood

Gold Member

The Canadian and British Prime Ministers have made personal representations to the Ugandan President.

But then I am talking about this board. Bless my heart.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I hear you.
    Some of our Republican leaders who are affiliated with C Street have made written statements against the legislation as well. This after weeks and weeks of pressure from other civil rights groups, of course. I'm sure you're not going to hear much from the rabid conservatives on this board about this subject. We all know deep down that the legislation is absolutely contemptible. No one would want to be caught dead trying to defend it unless they were extremely homophobic and completely blinded by scripture.

Not even a birther would even admit to supporting this.

14. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Rev Ssempa will get you.

Ssee, we have a new Bogey Man.

Don't Ssay his name three times.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

16. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

yeah, real Christ-like! The only time Jesus showed anger was when the temple was being desecrated - as they are now during to the human temple of God's presence.

17. Drifterwood

Gold Member

My apologies. My frustration gets the better of me sometimes.

Now, about this Joan of Arc costume :smile:.

18. B_Mister Buildington

Jesus was an extraterrestrial.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

Right after the President and Hillary Clinton denounced Uganda's pending "kill gays" bill at today's National Prayer Breakfast, Cliff Kincaid, president of an American Christian propaganda group, issued a press release defending the bill as necessary to prevent "homosexual imperialists" from continuing their campaign to fuck as much AIDS into the children of Uganda as possible.

Click, read, and enjoy: Public Policy Group Defends Uganda's Christians - Christian Newswire

Seems that all poor Uganda is trying to do is stop AIDS. After all, only evil deviant, satan-worshipping gays and lesbians get AIDS. No heterosexual has ever got AIDS except from a gay or a lesbian. Wow. I'm sure we've all got that clear. For even more clarity you can check out the charitable christian reasoning at : Exporting AIDS To Africa: The Global Gay Assault on Uganda's Christians

Now, aren't you proud to be a christian? Especially one who sits back and says "Not ALL christians are like that. Not me! Harrrumph!" Point of fact, it doesn't matter unless you're actively doing something --- as a christian ---- to stop the "special" people from murdering gays and lesbians around the world.

It must feel soooo good to be as righteous as rain. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

20. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I don't think that I have to comment on EVERY thread that is about religion. I've made my point clear in numerous other posts that I don't agree with this kind of thinking and behavior.

I read an article somewhere that said that the US "Christians" who suggested the law did not mean for it to get this extreme. Well, why did you even suggest that homosexuality should be illegal in the first place?

You ask about Naughty and myself standing up, but what about the thousands of people who belong to churches in the US who have broken away from the Episcopal Church in the United States and joined offshoot Anglican churches that are under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Uganda?
    THOSE are the people who should be spekaing up since they have direct ties.

I think people who use God's name or Jesus' name to hurt or kill are not Christian. Christians are supposed to love, not kill.

Draft saved Draft deleted