Ugh. Wrecked the bike yesterday.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Doctor_Ay, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Doctor_Ay

Doctor_Ay New Member

What a disaster. A bunch of my friends and I were riding up through the Wine region down near where I live, taking some pretty twisty roads. It was to be our final ride of the year, before we put our bikes up for the cold season.

I was in some pretty aggresive lean, certainly not AMA or track worthy, but, either way, apparently earlier that day some fools radiator decided to burst on this curvy hillside road. If anyone knows anything about engine coolant, it was basically like me hitting a patch of ice. The bike went RIGHT out from underneath me, and was totalled against a concrete barrier. Lucky for me, I was wearing full gear and emerged mostly unscathed, however with a few bruises from hitting the road (and rolling down a hill). On a semi-LPSG note.. the organ managed to come away totally untouched. yay? heh

Bike.. yep.. I am gonna say it got totalled. Won't know till the insurance company takes a look at it.

Liter bike.. here I come. Maybe it's time for an R1 or a Gixxer 1000 or the like. I guess it was trial by fire. I always said that "I wouldn't be one of those pussies that after their first wreck never get back on a bike". I'm glad i was only left shaken, and learned from the experience... because... I still want to ride

2. Imported

Gold Member

NorthernStar: Glad to hear your ok, sorry to hear bout the bike, but especially glad to hear that the little doctor is doin ok ;)

3. Doctor_Ay

Doctor_Ay New Member

Thanks...

She will be missed. *sniff* The only girl that could take everything I could give, and beg for more. heh.

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Live and learn, dude, at least you got out alive to write us all about it.

5. Imported

Gold Member

rikter8: Sorry to hear about the bike, and Glad that you are around to speak about it.
    (Will you will me your Willie?)
    Ive had alot of friends pass away riding crotch rockets and the like, so count your blessings.

For me, I have to have 4 wheels under my butt when im doin 160. My balance on a bike sux.

Now if you give me a Hurst 4 speed shifter and a 500hp motor...now were talkin!

C

6. Imported

Gold Member

GreenEyes: Sorry to hear about your bike but the most important thing is you are ok. I know it might not seem easy but a bike can always be replaced and you can't.

Hugs.

7. jay_too

jay_too New Member

hey man..

sorry to hear about the wipeout but glad you emerged with no serious injury.

i had a wipeout when i was a teen...when the insurance adjuster came, my dad was on travel. he surveyed the bike and bent wheels and told me, "Lucky there was no serious damage." in his dreams, he was replacing two wheels. when dad got back, he said, "No" a few times. I ended up with a replacement bike. Later dad told me, "You always say NO to the first couple of offers...and then contact your agent if you are still not satisfied." You probably know this...but in case you didn't, an early settlement can mean a loss of hundreds of bucks.

jay

8. Doctor_Ay

Doctor_Ay New Member

I know bike accidents suck, but, this one more so, particularly because I was being a responsible rider. I was only leaning a turn.

Now.. had this have happened while I was riding a standing wheelie for a mile plus, I would be laughing about it.

Ahhh.. one of these days i'll get someone in a car fast enough to capture photo's of me doing fun shit like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted