ughhhhhguhguh

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by AdaramC, Jul 22, 2011.

1. AdaramC

AdaramC New Member

Albums:
    So this is just going to be a rant. Heads up... haha

My life is so monotonous lately. I just graduated college, unemployed for the summer, decided not to pursue grad school this upcoming year, and all my "closest" friends and I have more or less drifted apart (school, distance, etc.). If it sounds like I am total slacker, I think I totally am. I mean I do have an interview next week with a well known program to work with students so that good, but everything else has been stuck in a funk.

No immediate career moves, no love life, no meaningful friendships, and to top it off, I live with my mother:frown1:(which will be changed hopefully in the next month).

I get it, I get it, I'm only 22, the job market is terrible, blahblahblah. I've just been the type of person to always be doing something. I volunteer, I'm well liked, I had great internships and experiences, a college degree, always maintained a job, and now, I feel like a bum. Going from a mile a minute to a mile a summer.

Also, my love life has been reduced to a string of casual encounters (safely and nothing fully!) where I'm quite selfish, and I always end up feeling guilty afterwards. I suck with dating because I make quick assumptions as to whether or not I like a person or want to spend time getting to know them. Plus I'm not "pretty" enough to hook up with random guys (I've been tempted to live this lifestyle, I heard it's enjoyable), but I have enough self-confidence to know that I'm more of a keeper rather than a one-nighter. AND I'm a romantic that has a romanticized fantasy (courtesy of every rom-com I've ever seen) of meeting Mr. Right through some random encounter at Park or coffee shop or something. How annoying am I!?!?!

I know I got time, and I know I will be successful on almost all accounts, but this whole bummin' around postgrad nonsense is too boring.

I just want love, a good job/back to school, and my own place. Is that so hard to come by?!!??!

(Oh and I think I've become slightly whiney as a side effect as well...)

#1 AdaramC, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

It took me until a few years ago to get everything you want now. Live life and have fun and stop whining.

3. AdaramC

AdaramC New Member

Albums:
    haha thank you :smile: Sometimes you just need someone to just slap some sense into you

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

#4 nudeyorker, Jul 22, 2011
  5. AdaramC

AdaramC New Member

Albums:
    ahhh haha i love it, not a big cher fan but that did make me laugh!

As for going to Hawaii I would love that! Pay for my ticket?! haha read first post No Job pretty much means no source of income. I've only saved enough to pay my bills haha

And I've been to Europe! And I do have plans haha I have a nice 3 year goal list that finalizes with travels either to a few more places in Europe like Greece or Switzerland.

Thanks for the book suggestion, only problem... I hate reading haha. I can do I assure you though! But I'm more of a manual and magazine reader haha I can never stick with a book for too long.

#5 AdaramC, Jul 22, 2011
  6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

That book is the easiest read in the history of reading. Anyway I have faith in you. I found my way to Grand Rapids once and managed to escape so I'm sure you can too! Best of Luck! (Switzerland? Try Spain first) Hotel Romantic | Hotel de la Renaixença

7. AdaramC

AdaramC New Member

Albums:
    thanks nudeyorker, you da man!

Draft saved Draft deleted