Ugly and Pretty

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do ugly people see ugly and do pretty see the same in the mirror?

Do those of you who are pretty actually see yourselves the same way people respond to you? Because we are not all pretty do those among us who are ugly see pretty and have to be told different. Kind of a weird one, but came to mind while looking in the mirror and thought this may be the best place to get opinions.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been told I am a handsome looking man, and also told I am an ugly mofo. one thing for sure is I am getting older, and I have been told I am aging gracefully and don't look my age. more people agree with that than if I am good looking or not. I don't feel old and sometimes temporarily forget that I am, which is sort of embarrassing.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't see pretty in the mirror, I see regular or plain. Not ugly though. But as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks are indeed relative.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The mirror that lied.

Those unattractive aspects become magnified when we focus on them looking into a mirror. Then we start to believe we are ugly and it's all downhill from there.

When the truth is your demeanor and how you move and sound, how often you smile and what you say play a huge part of your attractiveness to others.

Looks aren't everything, but we sure have been brainwashed to believe that it's all that matters.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's sort of a difficult question to ask since looks are all relative. Some people think I'm pretty, some people think I'm ugly, and some people think I'm just kinda average.

Same here. I usually see myself as average to slightly above. But if I'm around a bunch of hotties I feel ugly. :biggrin1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Studies of personal ads and computer dating submissions suggest that MOST people have a remarkably accurate assessment of their own attractiveness and appeal.

What they demand in a potential partner can be directly related to how much they feel they have to offer...

Younger women and more svelte and attractive women demand more in a potential suitor.

Successful men, men who are well built also demand more in a suitor.

As people age, gain weight, fail to succeed... most fairly reduce the scope fo their demands on potential suitors.

Oddly... men around age 55 tend to find themselves MORE valuable than seems defensible, given their shorter lifespan.

But when it comes to seeking mates, most other folks self assessment seems to be remarkably honest and valid.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oddly... men around age 55 tend to find themselves MORE valuable than seems defensible, given their shorter lifespan.

But when it comes to seeking mates, most other folks self assessment seems to be remarkably honest and valid.

:eek:Uh-oh, that means I must be ugly.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do those of you who are pretty actually see yourselves the same way people respond to you?
I'm tall and in great shape. I'd say I was in the upper few percent as far as my body goes. I don't feel like people in real life respond to me in any way that makes me feel like I'm in great shape though. So because of that I don't feel special or anything.