Ugly guys

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know i have seen terribly ugly guys, with smoking hot girls. So i wonder, what is it that an ugly guy has to do to get you to fall for him? Any personal experience? Have any of you ladies got with an ugly guy who was just super charming or somthing, and you just could not resist?

There are also good looking guys that couldn't buy a second date. Being a good looking butt head won't get you very far.

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Lesse, keys to a str8 woman's heart... aka Rachel-esque chicks: Money, Height, & Power, everything else is pretty much negotiable. I suppose confidence should be in there somewhere but isn't always a requirement. :rolleyes:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lesse, keys to a str8 woman's heart... aka Rachel-esque chicks: Money, Height, & Power, everything else is pretty much negotiable. I suppose confidence should be in there somewhere but isn't always a requirement. :rolleyes:

Then I guess I'm SOL. I don't have much money, and I have no power.
My height is okay.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Honestly, though, how many people do you know with money, height, and power who lack confidence?

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley

Seal and Heidi Klum

Donald Trump and Ivana et al...

Sonny and Cher

Love is blind.

Lesse, w/o personally knowing any of these people; Billy Joel was famous & rich, same with Seal, Donald Trump had money and power, don't know enough about Sonny to comment, but I remember some blurp from Cher saying she was very very very insecure and shy when young and Sonny was confident and charming as hell so he swept her off her feet. Cher had a blonde, typically pretty sister she wanted to emulate because during her childhood era she felt like the black sheep of the family.

Uhm, just cuz I'm gay doesn't make me a Cher fan... I think I was watching cable television or something by accident and got indoctrinated with Cher-ness.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me it's about the personality. Of course I prefer a man who is physically attractive - I'd be lying if I said I didn't.

I've dated men with all kinds of range of looks, from drop-dead gorgeous to the male equivalent of a "three-bagger". Granted, the three-bagger I dropped after one date although I liked his personality (sorry, but I have limits on "ugly" - this was a blind date, so I didn't know what he looked like before the date). The drop-dead gorgeous guy had a decent personality too. He dropped me - or rather, after we'd been together a while he just didn't call or anything. Have no idea why, but I didn't worry about it too much.

I also dated a physically attractive guy whose personality I couldn't stand! There were jokes to the effect that he can't get dates except for blind dates even though he's good looking, because his personality is so obnoxious! That obviously didn't last long either, and I dropped him.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just something to consider... How did they meet? How do you meet?

I have posted once alreayd about my very picky preferences in guys, but thats based on what I can find online. Online, im brought into contact with a lot more imgages of hot guys than are aroudn me in real life.

By contrast, most of my friends are overweight, really thin, or otherwise just plain average looking. Why am i friends with them? Because i was simply exposed to them in a way in which i wasnt asking for anythign really. We just meshed well as friends.

Likewise, when people who would otherwise have nothign to do with each other are brought together, sometimes the meshing of thought and emotion overrides physical obstacles to attraction.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honestly, though, how many people do you know with money, height, and power who lack confidence?

many. many many many. many times a man (or woman) overachieves and becomes ultra successful to fill some perceived inadequacy. some of the most successful, attractive men i know are riddled with self-doubt.

i have also seen gorgeous men with ugly women. love is complex, relationships are complex, and peoples' perception of beauty is complex, too.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
i'm pretty ugly myself, but i've always been able to get attractive to really pretty women.it's all personality.especially if i get the chance to really know the woman.alot of "good looking guys" will mabey see the woman i'm with at a bar or at the mall by her self and try to make a move on her,but then they become shocked when they see i'm the guy they got turned down for...it's a funny thing to see...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I know i have seen terribly ugly guys, with smoking hot girls. So i wonder, what is it that an ugly guy has to do to get you to fall for him? Any personal experience? Have any of you ladies got with an ugly guy who was just super charming or somthing, and you just could not resist?

Well Iggy Pop is ugly and I do him in a heartbeat... I can't say exactly what it is but he's just so fucking raw... very sexy, but ugly nonetheless

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Its called a personality.....

I dont know if anybody here has seen beauty and the geek, but all those beautiful women admit that they would never even talk to ugly guys in normal circumstances. The were amazed that the nerdy guys had great personalities and obviously they learned alot. But, if you have a great personality, that still wont help much, when you cant even get a girl to talk to you. I dont know if that plays in with confidence, because you could have plenty of confidence and not know what to say at all. In addition to being a good person you must have good social skills, and confidence, but im sure alot of ugly guys dont have much confidence, and guys like me who have poor social skills, i just find it so hard to meet girls and talk to them. Let alone find a girl who has same interests as me, i mean wtf you want me to talk about, your shoes? lol.

I see that its not just as simple as ugly or not, but i know its not just as simple as good personality.

I was watching futurama, and one episode, zoidberg goes to his home planet to mate. They dont know anything about love, only finding the best specimens to ensure the best reproductive quality. Dr. zoidberg is the only male left without a mate because he has small claws and not enough male jelly. For me, im zoidberg, and i need to know what it takes to overcome everything that makes me suck. So yea, yeaa.....

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You have the same problem that I have. No confidence and general low self esteem. Most likely, there ain't one thing wrong with you in anyone else's eyes. It's just the way you, and I see ourselves.

I don't know exactly how to overcome this. If I did I'd be out there having a good time right now. It's all between our ears. It might pay for both of us (and some others on here with similar problems) to seek professional help.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe the girls or guys are looking at other things besides a perfect face or body. I have seen a lot of "ugly" guys. These guys have had REALLY beautiful cocks. Or they have that proper sexual game. I know one guy. He had a really nice thick cock and could really fuck really well. Or maybe the "Abercrombie" guys don't have the proper sexual game. Maybe the guy has a REALLY ugly dick. I dated an Abercrombesque guy once who had an erection that upended and down swerved corkscrewed into his asshole. Plus he acted so fucking bitter like Paul Lynde on our dates. (I guess he sat on his own ugly dick way too many times.)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley

Seal and Heidi Klum

Donald Trump and Ivana et al...

Sonny and Cher

Love is blind.

Seal is sexy as hell. The odd marks do not detract. The super dark skin is a plus. so is his bald head. Let's not forget his voice- speaking or singing I'd follow him anywhere as long as he promises never to shut up.

Plus, you've mentioned all rich people, one of whom is also the king of New York. Those factors never hurt. They aren't always enough, but they never hurt.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I believe I may once have suggested you search the net for the term 'PUA' or 'Pick Up Artist'. Clearly you've ignored my advice. It answers your question handily. If you can't find anything under those parameters, search for 'Average Frustrated Chump' or 'AFC'. Those terms should lead you to the PUA communities. Avoid the misogynistic ones, and the ones who are prejudiced against western women. They largely discuss one night stands, but there are plenty who are looking for love, and the information is totally applicable to that process. this time, you really should do the search.