UK embassy attack bolsters EU push for Iran sanctions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eurotop40, Dec 1, 2011.

1. eurotop40

Gold Member

2. D_Johnson Withernads

Idle speculation eurotop, but I think possibly. We don't stand apart from other EU or EZ members on everything. We hardly have a smooth track record with Iran either.

3. eurotop40

Gold Member

Really?

4. D_Johnson Withernads

And people say I'm cynical. ;-)

5. eurotop40

Gold Member

Well, also the Swiss basically think they are the navel of the world and do not need anybody. Go figure.
    When Ghadafi kept Swiss hostages in Lybia for over a year or so, Switzerland discovered how good it is to have the friends of the Schengen area.

6. D_Johnson Withernads

You already know my basic opinion on the UK and its interactions with the rest of Europe. I think we stand stronger together. Getting everyone else to think that is a different kettle of fish entirely.

I'm bowing out for now. I'm pretty damn sure there'll be comments from a few other regular faces on here...

7. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    i think europe should anyway speak more with one voice... so yes its the right desittion to close all EU embassies.

8. Jason

Gold Member

Probably.

The issue is not just that the embassy was attacked, rather that the Iranian police did absolutely nothing. It appears that the mob was acting on directions from the Iranian authorities. This is a fundamental breach of the international conventions under which embassies exist. It affects all nations.

9. hud01

Gold Member

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't the treaties that formed the EU have some policy in this regard? It would logically seem as though they should, but then I'm just an ignorant Yank :tongue:

11. Drifterwood

Gold Member

This is an ignorant question, undelining your prejudices against the UK.

The first question and concern is the safety of staff in what has clearly been shown to be a country whose authorities do not not respect International Law. I suppose you have forgotten the problems that France had in Tehran last year? The situation has clearly escalated and the UK's history in Persia makes it an easy target to stir up mob reaction to the West's imminent sanctions regarding Iran's nuclear programme.

12. eurotop40

Gold Member

No sorry, I have no prejudices at all against the UK. But I can read what is written in this forum by certain members who show prejudices themselves against other european countries and depict a UK full of arrogance to say the least.
    Show me the opposite then.

#12 eurotop40, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  13. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Whatever may or may not go on in this forum is irrelevant to the fact that this thread is ignorant.

That is my opinion and I told you why.

14. eurotop40

Gold Member

This thread is as ignorant as arrogant is the persistent diffamation of the EU by many UK members of this board.

15. 6inchcock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Look north and turn left, real sudden like
    Verified:
    Photo
    I cannot address the relationship or friction between the UK and the EU; however all nations should consider the security of their personnel and staff in Iran, as well as their track record with the nuke question.

Even if France, Germany or any other country that is friendly with the UK (US or anyone else they have a beef with) were not to take any stance or actions against Iran they would still probably suffer the wrath of an Iranian backlash.

The Iranian Government is about as stable, trustworthy and predictable as the North Korean regime, the only difference is the oil.

16. superbot

Gold Member

The UK and it's populace are no fools.We are proud to have our point of views and it has got nothing to do with arrogance.Certain members within the EU continue to nurture their everlasting theories that the British are bad Europeans, which we've heard all a thousand times before.
    As one one of the biggest (financial) contributers we sure are entitled to have our say.
    Strange as it may seem, just because France and Germany like to think that they have the first and last words on all issues,Britain will always defend it's point of view no matter how many times they gang up against us on the Eurovision Song Contest....!!

17. AgnisZ

AgnisZ New Member

Albums:
    UK is island....

18. D_Johnson Withernads

LMAO Superbot! Yup, that's where all our issues stem from. We're always getting fucked over in the Eurovision Song Contest!

Draft saved Draft deleted