UK Eurovision Entry 2009

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my expert opinion of the contest as an avid watcher of the last 17yrs i am certain the UK entry will do much better than usual obviously dependant on how good or bad the rest of europe and Israel's entries are.
It was the best version of the three performed so Jade will do the song most justice i think.
I love the contest....even despite the politics ruining it cos in general the best song is not the one that recieves most 'douze point' but the most high votes (not sure if it has ever happened but in theory it is possible for a win with no max points).

Anyone who disses the contest has no imagination! Plenty of great songs have been born within the eurovision and the contest involves all kinds of music which obviously is not going to appeal to everybody but there is always at least one song that ANYONE can find likeable enough to root for.

Leave the Eurovision alone! I LOVE IT (and i'm not a mental patient on day-release)

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think I shall pass...:smile:

i read the wiki page on it, and began to fall asleep somewhere around the second paragraph :wink:

*Pats back*.....that's pretty much the same experience as actually watching (the whole 3 hours of) it Flashy...poor old you....try and erase it from your memory banks matey....:wink:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

*Pats back*.....that's pretty much the same experience as actually watching (the whole 3 hours of) it Flashy...poor old you....try and erase it from your memory banks matey....:wink:

I have already erased it...at the moment i am playing a brilliant flash game that i am addicted to and just posted in the games forum...

it is trench warfare, brits vs. germans in 1917...fantastic game...you can be either the brits or the germans (i have tried both as each have different capabilities)

it is highly addictive
(that plus another game i am addicted to, Oil Baron/Oiligarch)

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my expert opinion of the contest as an avid watcher of the last 17yrs i am certain the UK entry will do much better than usual obviously dependant on how good or bad the rest of europe and Israel's entries are.
It was the best version of the three performed so Jade will do the song most justice i think.
I love the contest....even despite the politics ruining it cos in general the best song is not the one that recieves most 'douze point' but the most high votes (not sure if it has ever happened but in theory it is possible for a win with no max points).

Anyone who disses the contest has no imagination! Plenty of great songs have been born within the eurovision and the contest involves all kinds of music which obviously is not going to appeal to everybody but there is always at least one song that ANYONE can find likeable enough to root for.

Leave the Eurovision alone! I LOVE IT (and i'm not a mental patient on day-release)

Ah sorry Mitchymo (other than the huge Euro-dis I just made to Flashy) I didn't want to piss on the Eurovisionettes parade....it definitely has camp appeal, and after a few bevvies the total cheesiness of it becomes enjoyable. Yes and I agree if there is a semi-decent tune, you can pretty much be sure it will lose. There are a lot of gay parties on Eurovision night. I'll probably haul my sorry ass to one!! What about you Mitch....going out or staying in?

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have already erased it...at the moment i am playing a brilliant flash game that i am addicted to and just posted in the games forum...

it is trench warfare, brits vs. germans in 1917...fantastic game...you can be either the brits or the germans (i have tried both as each have different capabilities)

it is highly addictive
(that plus another game i am addicted to, Oil Baron/Oiligarch)

Ah what is it called...Trench Warfare???...I love WW1 WWII games....

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is no point in the Eurovision song contest at all anyway its totally meaningless none of the perferomers hardly ever go on to do anything in the form of a sucessful music career. The acts that usually win anyway are terriable and cant sing to save their lives and due to the fact the majority of countries in Europe that have a vote would never vote for the UK anyway it doesnt matter how talented our entrant was we still wouldnt win it.

I shall forgive you, bless ya....your too young to appreciate british success in the history of the contest.
Sure the last several years have been bad for the UK not to mention other western nations.....a potential reason for this is not simply the unfair political voting of eastern entries but the unfair progression of the UK, Germany, France and Spain into the final without qualifying simply because they can afford to bank-roll the contest more than other nations.....Maybe in time when the unfairness is gone we may even see Italy enter once more.....they have refused to take part for quite a long time now.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm feeling good this weekend. Nothing I can really do until Tuesday anyway so I'm just taking my pills and enjoying myself.

I'm very happy to hear that mate, are you in bed or moving around?...Don't go too crazy (y'hear)....take it nice and easy....(what happens Tuesday?).

mattflanders

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just love the exercise in bad taste that is the Eurovision Song Contest, but it's a lot of fun to laugh at Eastern European countries trying to be Western Europeans and their attempts at singing in what is supposed to pass as English :biggrin1:

But it usually goes like this (for Belgium): We give 10 or 12 points to the Netherlands, 10 or 12 usually goes to Turkey as well. And we get 10 or 12 points from the Netherlands and if the Walloons send a (francophone) singer we might also get 10 or 12 points from France.
So everyone usually gives points to their neighbors and Turkey, Armenia (immigrants all over Europe)

I hope it'll be "Royaume-Unie Douze Points" but I don't think the song is catchy enough...

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ah sorry Mitchymo (other than the huge Euro-dis I just made to Flashy) I didn't want to piss on the Eurovisionettes parade....it definitely has camp appeal, and after a few bevvies the total cheesiness of it becomes enjoyable. Yes and I agree if there is a semi-decent tune, you can pretty much be sure it will lose. There are a lot of gay parties on Eurovision night. I'll probably haul my sorry ass to one!! What about you Mitch....going out or staying in?

I will stay be staying in as always.....i hate other people talking over the songs while i'm trying to listen.....and i just want to point out that it is not camp....its kitsch....you see the odd song which IS camp like the uk entry 2007....(forgotten their name thank god) but for the most part its a decent contest which doesnt deserve to be classed as camp....its not in any way a gay competition for a start....grrrr....lol

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just love the exercise in bad taste that is the Eurovision Song Contest, but it's a lot of fun to laugh at Eastern European countries trying to be Western Europeans and their attempts at singing in what is supposed to pass as English :biggrin1:

But it usually goes like this (for Belgium): We give 10 or 12 points to the Netherlands, 10 or 12 usually goes to Turkey as well. And we get 10 or 12 points from the Netherlands and if the Walloons send a (francophone) singer we might also get 10 or 12 points from France.
So everyone usually gives points to their neighbors and Turkey, Armenia (immigrants all over Europe)

I hope it'll be "Royaume-Unie Douze Points" but I don't think the song is catchy enough...

I agree...i dont think its catchy enough.
Hopefully better than the last several years....if you think about our recent entries we stand a great chance of finishing in a higher place than the likes of 'Daz', Gemini and that 'God awful screeching in the wind sound of the aircrew pretenders (like i said i've forgotten there actual name)' last years entry was too jazzy for the comp

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I will stay be staying in as always.....i hate other people talking over the songs while i'm trying to listen.....and i just want to point out that it is not camp....its kitsch....you see the odd song which IS camp like the uk entry 2007....(forgotten their name thank god) but for the most part its a decent contest which doesnt deserve to be classed as camp....its not in any way a gay competition for a start....grrrr....lol

Ok ok haha!.....I submit, it is definitely kitsch...actually describes it better, but there is an essence of campness there....just a little bit don't you think?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It looks great!! BUT, it's almost time for bed....are you on tomorrow mate, I'm up for a session if you're playing?

I'll be around...but we can't play against each other, it is only a 1 player deal.

but I'll give you advice and help if you need it :biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Flashy, just had a quick go, definitely need some tips!!!

here are a couple of quick ones...

you can never have more than three squads in the trench at one time...the next squad will immediately skip the trench and advance. (pull up the little toggle button under the trench and it will show you which squads you have in that trench, what their status is/i.e how many are left) you can advance them by simply clicking on that specific squad in the trench toggle icon)

-artillery is very imprecise (it was 1917)
-as you get bonus points and use them, you must start by getting the cheapest thing first in a category (1 point)
- use your first bonus points to buy faster reinforcements, both level 1 and level 2, that decreases the time between squad deployment.
- each squad takes a time to deploy based on its capability (you click the icons on the screen, after selecting it, they will do a countdown clock as to when you can bring in the next squad, when the icon lights up again, the next squad is ready...Infantry takes the shortest, Assault second shortest, machine gun crews third longest, then snipers, officers, and eventually tanks.
- You pass levels by winning either a morale victory (when the opponents have been worn down enough to surrender), or a by taking all the enemy ground.
- start simply by just trying to defend, and not advancing at all...put three infantry squads in the trench, and allow the germans to come and just keep killing them till their morale runs out...as each of your squads is killed by shells or bullets, reinforce with a new one till you get the hang of it

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm, the Eurovision Voting Contest, lol.

It used to be judged by panels in each country, now it's mass phone voting. The only time I voted was for Isreal's entry in 1998 - Dana International, the transexual. She won!

YouTube - Israel - Dana International - Diva (live) - Eurovision 1998

I tried to vote for Finland's Lordi the other year but couldn't get through. They won anyway.

YouTube - Lordi @ Eurovision 2006

They're considering bringing back panel-voting to combat the inter-national loyalties of the various population blocks.

Eurovision is a broadcasters' alliance that goes beyond the borders of the EU - it now includes Russia, Turkey and Isreal as well as every country on the european landmass.