Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just my opinion...Nice voice, but the song, lyrically and musically, as well as the stage presentation has middle of the pack written all over it. It's almost too inoffensive. It's safe on all fronts. The dancers are almost bad enough to make it special but, again not quite bad enough. But we are talking about Eurovision so you never know.

I've been a part of the contest twice as a composer and I can say it's a unique and amazing week. Diehard Eurovision fans are crazy, fun but...completely nuts :smile: The voting has always been political; Scandinavian countries always support one another, Germany can always rely on big points from Turkey, etc. Almost every country has at least one or more countries that support it with their votes...except Austria maybe. :redface: The "old guard" is really not interested in winning anymore. I know what it costs for a country to send a team to compete, let alone host it, and in most cases it's just not worth it. For newer, smaller countries like Estonia, for instance, it can be a huge opportunity. The best chance to advertise their country to the world and generate tourism. You can see the passion and the voting blocs shifting east to the countries that the contest can actually benefit.

I haven't heard or seen any other entries for this year...anybody here have tips on a favorite?

Good song - very catchy! Her accent's a bit..odd, though. :p Kinda sounds like a cross between German, Aussie and Cockney, lol.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
Good song - very catchy! Her accent's a bit..odd, though. :p Kinda sounds like a cross between German, Aussie and Cockney, lol.

I think she sings that way on purpose. No German actually speaks English with such an accent. :wink:

It's the English Kate Nash and Lily Allen sing in I think.