uk guys -how many of ya mates are circumcised?

James Bell

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Growing up in the UK in the 1980s I was one of five cut lads in a class of 28. We all got teased because of our lack of skin.It was different in our local rugby club where most of the boys were cut, perhaps because their dads had been done.We had a pro-circ GP in our town, which may have helped matters.

chicagoil

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I know this is an old thread, but I'm still fascinated - and turned on - by the topic. Part of this is because I recently discovered the Naked Attraction show in the UK, and I'm particularly turned on by the second half of this episode where the guy is choosing a date (he happens to be gay, so he's choosing another man). At the very end, just before the main guy chooses his date, they have him come out naked on stage as well, which is the usual step at that point in the show. But what's unusual about him is that he's circumcised (although one or two of the possible dates are also circumcised).

For the final two date possibilities, I wonder if their mindset when seeing him naked for the first time is surprise - to see a fellow British guy's penis being cut. There is a bit of a surprised look on their faces, but they don't say anything about it. Even when the host of the show asks what they think about his penis, they don't express surprise at him being cut. One just comments that his penis looks "clean." Is that a polite way of expressing surprise? Of course, in that sort of situation (in public/on TV), you never want to say something in a way that could be construed as criticism, especially about someone's penis (although you sort of get to judge everything about a person physically on that show because they're standing in front of you stark naked).

Anyway, I know you can't know someone's thoughts without asking them, but what are the two possible dates probably thinking when they see his cut penis? What is the audience thinking when they see it? British guys, I'd love to have your thoughts on what goes through your mind when you see a penis that goes against the norm - what is a

LondonCutguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know this is an old thread, but I'm still fascinated - and turned on - by the topic. Part of this is because I recently discovered the Naked Attraction show in the UK, and I'm particularly turned on by the second half of this episode where the guy is choosing a date (he happens to be gay, so he's choosing another man). At the very end, just before the main guy chooses his date, they have him come out naked on stage as well, which is the usual step at that point in the show. But what's unusual about him is that he's circumcised (although one or two of the possible dates are also circumcised).

For the final two date possibilities, I wonder if their mindset when seeing him naked for the first time is surprise - to see a fellow British guy's penis being cut. There is a bit of a surprised look on their faces, but they don't say anything about it. Even when the host of the show asks what they think about his penis, they don't express surprise at him being cut. One just comments that his penis looks "clean." Is that a polite way of expressing surprise? Of course, in that sort of situation (in public/on TV), you never want to say something in a way that could be construed as criticism, especially about someone's penis (although you sort of get to judge everything about a person physically on that show because they're standing in front of you stark naked).

Anyway, I know you can't know someone's thoughts without asking them, but what are the two possible dates probably thinking when they see his cut penis? What is the audience thinking when they see it? British guys, I'd love to have your thoughts on what goes through your mind when you see a penis that goes against the norm - what is a
I'm a big fan of circumcision, so I'm always really pleased to see a cut guy in the UK

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a big fan of circumcision, so I'm always really pleased to see a cut guy in the UK
In the US, it's sometimes rare to find an uncircumcised guy. I know I've gone to the gym and didn't see one uncircumcised cock in the locker room.

In the US, it's sometimes rare to find an uncircumcised guy. I know I've gone to the gym and didn't see one uncircumcised cock in the locker room.
Kind of doesn’t matter when you didn’t have the choice. It’s not like they did it because it’s so awesome.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is logical if you had your op done in later life for medical reasons.

It is most certainly NOT cool to be cut unnecessarily. It is child abuse
I didn't have my circumcision done because of a medical necessity. I had it done for personal preference. I wish my parents had had it done when I was born.

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AGREE. I will never get over it. Feel violated. That loss will be with me forever.
Maybe you should look into getting some therapy. Perhaps you could live a happier life. I don't know of any of my circumcised friends who have a problem with being circumcised. I think they quite like it.

Maybe you should look into getting some therapy. Perhaps you could live a happier life. I don't know of any of my circumcised friends who have a problem with being circumcised. I think they quite like it.
Maybe everybody who feels like me should get therapy. There are more people in this country than the few friends of yours that quite like it. Maybe we shouldn’t have needed to get therapy. Maybe some of the people that quite like it don’t know what they are missing and what they have missed. I’m restoring, that’s my therapy.

I’d be living a happier life if I wouldn’t have been changed for no reason as an infant, being denied something that I can never get back. It’s more that “just foreskin.” It’s a function, a view.... what I should have been allowed to experience growing up.

You made this choice. I didn’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NCbear

I knew of one or two guys at school being circumcised due to phimosis, but never saw one in person, nor did we talk much about it.

The closest I got to discussing the matter was with a friend of mine in my late teens who was dating a lovely Turkish lass at that time and was considering doing it. I don’t know if she asked for it, or whether he just felt the need to have it done as a way of pleasing her, or he just came round to the belief that this was the best course of action for him - I never probed, though he did claim it was his own research that lead him to considering circumcision, and his girlfriend merely made him aware of it. She wasn’t that religious herself, on the contrary, she was very secular in most matters of life, but did nevertheless retain strong beliefs in the matters pertaining to the body and health, including diet, hygiene (pubic hair removal, frequent washing etc.), and of course, circumcision. She never said she’d ask a guy to do it for her, but admitted she’d appreciate it, as she wanted the best in terms of health and sexuality for her partner and believed circumcision was a part of that. I don’t think he ever got round to it, as they did end up breaking up before leaving for uni and everyone was too busy with exams and what not at that time to bother about such matters. We never really talked about it since either, as life moved on and I never really found the excuse to ask again.

As for myself, I had a love-hate relationship with my foreskin growing up, mostly as there was a lot of going back and forth in my family about circumcising me on grounds of phimosis (which eventually sorted itself out in my late teens, but soon after turned itself into BXO and I did eventually get circumcised, but that’s another story). I knew my uncle was circumcised quite young back in the day while in a similar position as myself, however the general opinion on circumcision had changed by the time I was born. I assume most of my mates are in the same boat, with the odd one circumcised later in life for whatever medical problem, but we don’t tend to talk about our cocks, so I couldn’t know.

Reactions: CJF88

colin20

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Uncut Brit here, same for my bro. I think the trends have shifted over time.

Growing up in the 80s and 90s in an area that was mostly white British, I didn't know any lads who were cut, unless they were from a Muslim or Jewish family.

Interestingly my grandad was cut, I think it was the norm back in the early part of the 20th Century for white brits in certain class/ social groups. Apparently my grandparents were surprised when my bro and I were babies that we didn't get it at the hospital, but wasn't usual routine by the time we were born. Heard once that the Royal family get cut so go figure.

Was your dad cut, Rex?