uk guys -how many of ya mates are circumcised?

wkd1808

Sexy Member
Media
Im circumcised here in uk and was wondering how many of u growin up saw cut friends or have em now??for the record i only saw 1 growin up but see a few at gym and out of about 10 of my mates 2 are cut chris

Reactions: coffinhack

UKCutGuy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi wkd,

Just like you I am from the UK and cut. I was done at birth, so growing up when I knew someone else was like me I tended to try and be friends with them as we had something in common. I am still good friends with one of the other cut guys and in touch with many. There were at least 3 in my primary school class and perhaps 15% of my secondary year - that I was aware of anyway!

I have also got several friends through work that are either Muslim or Jewish, so I would say that I probably have a good percentage of close friends that are circumcised. Definately well above the national average anyway, which is pretty low to start with.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
None that I know of, except a few jewish guys. It's an alien practice to most europeans, and has been seen as such for thousands of years. The ancient Greeks were very proud of their foreskins and saw them as a distinguishing mark from the barbarians of the east (Persia and Egypt, long before Islam). Christianity only spread in the Roman empire once the requirements to follow kosher and be circumcised were dropped.

It's long been a mystery to me why circumcision became routine in the States (and apparently in Australia too).

Reactions: coffinhack

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Three of my school year were cut, all RICs, out of around 80 of us. At college I had one mate who was circumcised as a teenager. Since then, apart from those of the above that I still keep in touch with, I have one mate who was cut at birth (as were his three brothers - he doesn't know why as the family were not religious in any way). Having worked in a multicultural environment, with a number of Jewish and Muslim guys, I would assume that there are others in my social circle but it's not a subject that I've ever broached with them, as they are work colleagues rather than close friends.

Reactions: coffinhack and Asch

Leicsdom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Looks like you guys in the UK have a lot of catching up to do. It's cool being circumcised. I wouldn't want to be the other way. Because I have been that way and I prefer the circumcised way. I'm glad to be rid of my foreskin.

That is logical if you had your op done in later life for medical reasons.

It is most certainly NOT cool to be cut unnecessarily. It is child abuse

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Looks like you guys in the UK have a lot of catching up to do. It's cool being circumcised. I wouldn't want to be the other way. Because I have been that way and I prefer the circumcised way. I'm glad to be rid of my foreskin.

Yeah. All the kool kids are doing it.
Great reason to have half the skin of your penis removed.
You call that catching up? There's a euphemism for you.

Cutwelshboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 36 and grew up in the South Wales valleys. I was circumcised, at the age of four, due to a pretty severe phimosis. Circumcision isn't exactly the "norm" around here (especially in the 1980s, when the area was even less culturally diverse than it is today) and of a sports class of about twenty boys: I was the only one that was circumcised. At the time, I was self-conscious about being "different": especially after the initial teasing I endured, but this soon gave way to curiosity.

Of all my friends (both from school and out of school), I remained the sole Roundhead, for many years. It wasn't until I reached adolescence when one of my mates developed phimosis, at the age of 15 and had to be circumcised. As an adult, I later discovered that several more of my friends have been circumcised in the past few years: again, all due to phimosis.

Very rarely, do any of these friends express any negativity toward being circumcised. On the contrary, the general consensus is that they wish they had the surgery much sooner. My one friend, who was cut at 15, is certainly the most vocal about this: as I distinctly remember him being doubled-up in pain and being virtually unable to urinate, for several weeks, prior to him being circumcised. He was terrified of going to the GP and equally afraid to speak to his parents about his problem. Although the surgery left him free of the excruciating discomfort he had been suffering; he has frequently stated that being examined prior to and after his surgery, was deeply embarrassing to him, as a teenager and that his experience could have been avoided had he been circumcised when phimosis had first been diagnosed when he was much younger.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I was told 6% of the UK male population are circumcised when i was in hospital having mine done.

ICBW but I believe that I read that it was about 1-2% done in infancy by the NHS these days, whilst the remainder are later-life circumcisions or ethnic/religious circumcisions and circumcisions previously performed abroad on immigrants, but the figure that you quote is about right, albeit at the lower end of those that I have seen in recent years.

length&girth

Expert Member
Media
I began my military training with 11 other lads, and we were all naked by the end of the first day to shower as a cohort. There were 2 guys who were cut then, and I was circumcised soon after we started. My 'unveiling' led to a discussion in the showers as to the pros and cons of being circumcised, and a few of the guys openly looked at my dick and asked about the operation. With the other 2 guys who were already cut we had quite a big discussion about it with everyone comparing etc. Turned out one man was cut at birth and the other aged around 8. Both had fairly loose cuts with a bit of skin bunched up against the helmet, as opposed to mine which is pretty medium and loose enough to move up and down but with the skin stretched out.
It wasn't a big deal as we had all been taught how to wash ourselves in the first couple of days of training. Our instructor demonstrated how to wash out of a tin by standing naked in front of us all, but he was circumcised and he asked for a show of hands as to who wasn't cut like him. So he demonstrated how to properly clean the foreskin by getting an uncut lad up to the front, who stripped naked and then the instructor washed his penis, showing the rest of us.
In my service since I've seen both cut and uncut. Think those of us who are cut have the best deal, as it is easier to take care of.

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
None that I've seen, I've only heard of guys been cut here if it was due to the foreskin being uncomfortably tight or for religious grounds (Jewish or Muslim)

Lee_Fuller79

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Our instructor demonstrated how to wash out of a tin by standing naked in front of us all, but he was circumcised and he asked for a show of hands as to who wasn't cut like him. So he demonstrated how to properly clean the foreskin by getting an uncut lad up to the front, who stripped naked and then the instructor washed his penis, showing the rest of us.
He actually touched another guys dick! Wow