uk guys -how many of ya mates are circumcised?

chicagoil

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I find cut British guys fascinating because of their rarity just as an uncut American guy is rare and fascinating. I once hooked up with a British guy in Kenya (he was white) and he was cut. I wish I had asked him about being cut. He had come to Kenya as an adult and hadn't lived there long, so being there wasn't the reason he was cut.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm from the UK and cut. I'm the only one of my friends who is circumcised. At school, there was one other guy in my class who was cut. Seems we are a bit of a rare breed...
most of the guys I was at school with had juicy foreskins, just a couple of mushroom heads, my preference is for uncut, find the French have a lot of uncut as well, but Americans, must be to do with the settler influence, most are cut - still taste good but not as good as uncut

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is logical if you had your op done in later life for medical reasons.

It is most certainly NOT cool to be cut unnecessarily. It is child abuse
No it's not child abuse. I had it done for cosmetic reasons. I wish it had been done at birth. I haven't heard complaints from my friends here in the US about it. They prefer it that way.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
It depends very much where you live and the social group that you're in as to how many circumcised guys you meet in the UK. You'll find a number of threads on this same subject that have been posted over the years on here.

I grew up in a white, lower middle-class, Anglo-Saxon environment. My closest childhood friend was circumcised at birth. As I've mentioned elsewhere, by the time that we left school there were two other guys in our year that had been cut, out of a year group of about 80 (I also knew of a couple of others, outside that group, from conversations). At college, however, I only knew one mate who was cut - surprising, despite it being more of a social "melting pot" than my earlier years. Later, working in London, in a much more diverse social group that included guys from wider religious backgrounds and from around the world, including several Jews and Muslims, a few Americans and a fairly generous number of Australians, I found myself with quite a few circumcised mates.

I have observed through various social media and web forums, however, that even amongst traditional British groups of Anglo-Saxon origin there seem to be some "hotspots" where there tends to be a greater preponderance of circumcised white, British lads: for example in parts of West Yorkshire, East Lancashire and of the South Wales valleys. Some of this can, maybe, be put down to exposure to other cultures and religions (e.g. the higher Muslim population in the Bradford area, or the Bury/Bolton/Oldham/Rochdale areas) that perhaps makes it a personal choice - I don't know for certain, just speculating!

Generally, though, even from my childhood years going back to the 60s, it's very uncommon to find many UK lads, outside of the circumcising religions, who have been cut.

glansout

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At my grammar school (wide rural catchment area of about 20 miles radius; late 60s) there were 6 lads in my class of 30, and another three that I knew of in the parallel class. (Naked PE/games showers three times a week.) All done before coming to the school, so no idea why. But several came from the same town, so maybe there was a circumcising GP there! One of the others had had an American father, so that probably accounts for that, and one was done when his parents took him out to Aden 'as it was more hygienic'.

Much more difficult to know about friends since then, unless the topic arises, though several are, for a number of reasons. (One who I thought was is not: he just has a very short foreskin that pulled itself back when he was 16!) On the other hand, of sexual partners, I would say 50% were circumcised - pure chance! I belong to a naturist swimming club, with a fairly high age profile, and I would say that 50% of the regular attenders are circumcised.

That is logical if you had your op done in later life for medical reasons.

It is most certainly NOT cool to be cut unnecessarily. It is child abuse
AGREE. I will never get over it. Feel violated. That loss will be with me forever.

Reactions: Vanguard20202

No it's not child abuse. I had it done for cosmetic reasons. I wish it had been done at birth. I haven't heard complaints from my friends here in the US about it. They prefer it that way.
Interestingly this shit really started to pick up in Victorian England to stop masturbation. The reason it continues in the states is mostly cosmetic or because that’s the way it always was done. It’s bullshit. Nobody really had a good or valid reason to have it done here as an infant, it’s total ignorance.

LondonCutguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I chose to be circumcised as an adult, but wish I had been cut much earlier in life, but hey ho, I'm cut now. In the UK, I love it when I see another cut guy in thd showers or changing room, it's a bit like belonging to a club

None of my friends were (in Manchester) it’s quite rare still I think. One of my friends had a very tight foreskin that he couldn’t properly pull back, assume he had something done about it.

Reactions: Asch

I chose to be circumcised as an adult, but wish I had been cut much earlier in life, but hey ho, I'm cut now. In the UK, I love it when I see another cut guy in thd showers or changing room, it's a bit like belonging to a club
Reverse is US. Lol having skin is like belonging to a club.

Most people in America don’t know any better. They’ve never seen it, never looked it up, never cared to bother. It’s just extra skin here, nobody knows how it works or what it does. People do because their dad was.

You uncut countries take for granted the way a human dick is supposed to work. We live in pure ignorance here. We are not informed, thus, can not make informed decisions regarding it. It’s done nonchalantly.

Our disconnection from our roots really screwed with our knowledge. I feel it was like when Rome fell when it comes to ancestry. And the push to be American in the early 1900s really cemented that.

And you don’t see the majority of people in uncut counties running out getting cut. You can assume that if America was the same, they wouldn’t be either. When you find out what happened when you realize what happened when you’ve lived in ignorance of it most of your life, it messes with your head and it may never go away. That fact alone, it shouldn’t be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

nick4zz

Cherished Member
Media
I have 3 UK friends who are cut, two for religious reasons (Muslim) and one had 'problems' as a kid.

In my experience, in the UK it is only ever done for religious reasons or very rarely for health problems. I think it was more popular between First and Second World War, but in younger generations it's not heard of apart from the above or the odd fetishist.

Reactions: Dave NoCal