UK Members: Where's Boy George?

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I watched a horrible free-per-view Kylie Minogue show on cable and he was sitting in the audience, obviously paid to be charming but didn't sing. I know he deejays and also heard about him being on Big Brother but what about that golden voice of his? Has he lost it? Say it ain't so!? George O'Dowd...your fans are calling...
avedandgeorge.jpg

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
I was just reading the reviews of "Taboo!" and I hope it's still running in May when I stop off in NYC. Despite the so-so reviews, I'd still like to see it. I'll also wait by the stage door with my Playbill and a sharpie like an awestruck schoolgirl.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I'll also wait by the stage door with my Playbill and a sharpie like an awestruck schoolgirl.

Oh dearie me, you have that syndrome too? :biggrin1: I'm often armed with red, blue, green and black Sharpies for such occasions, just to try and get the maximum aesthetic pleasure from the combination of personalized autograph and whatever program/poster/etc. is available at the event :rolleyes:

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I was just reading the reviews of "Taboo!" and I hope it's still running in May when I stop off in NYC. Despite the so-so reviews, I'd still like to see it. I'll also wait by the stage door with my Playbill and a sharpie like an awestruck schoolgirl.
Dude, unless it's reopened, TABOO closed in early 2004. I was lucky enough to see it (I've been a huge Boy George fan since 1983) and I think it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

If it resurfaces...everyone should see it!

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
Oh dearie me, you have that syndrome too? :biggrin1: I'm often armed with red, blue, green and black Sharpies for such occasions, just to try and get the maximum aesthetic pleasure from the combination of personalized autograph and whatever program/poster/etc. is available at the event :rolleyes:

I have to really like someone to do it, most of the time I just see the play and leave.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Mattness said:
Dude, unless it's reopened, TABOO closed in early 2004. I was lucky enough to see it (I've been a huge Boy George fan since 1983) and I think it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

If it resurfaces...everyone should see it!

See, and I just read it was closing on Wednesday. I guess I got the year wrong. Fucking wishful thinking...I must have been thinking of "Cats" or "Miss Saigon"...heh heh.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
headbang8 said:
Boy George is Julian Clary with no sense of humour.
:hijacked:

Julian actually produced a record of his own - a cover version of (I Was Born Under a) Wandrin' Star, if you please! This is a fact that will forever be indelibly imprinted in my mind, since I was asked, when buying a copy at one of Julian's shows in London when I was a ludicrously innocent 17-year-old: would you like the 7" or the 12"? Naturally, I asked for the 12", to which the eye-rollingly camp male assistant responded: "Yes, I could tell just by looking at you that you were going to want all twelve inches". Believe it or not, that was a defining moment in my coming-out, as I made the realization that I could interact with the world as a sexual being and a gay(ish) man. *sighs of reminiscence*

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
:hijacked:

Julian actually produced a record of his own - a cover version of (I Was Born Under a) Wandrin' Star, if you please! This is a fact that will forever be indelibly imprinted in my mind, since I was asked, when buying a copy at one of Julian's shows in London when I was a ludicrously innocent 17-year-old: would you like the 7" or the 12"? Naturally, I asked for the 12", to which the eye-rollingly camp male assistant responded: "Yes, I could tell just by looking at you that you were going to want all twelve inches". Believe it or not, that was a defining moment in my coming-out, as I made the realization that I could interact with the world as a sexual being and a gay(ish) man. *sighs of reminiscence*
I always knew you could take 12 inches.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hotsnake said:
OMG hearing non brits mention the sacred name of Julian Clary is bizarre.:eek:

We can move onto Kenneth Williams, Babs Windsor and Duncan Norvelle too if you really want :rolleyes: