UK poll shows ABBA band people most want to reform

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
UK poll shows ABBA band people most want to reform | Entertainment | Reuters

ABBA, made up of Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Agnetha Faltskog, performed in public for the last time in 1982.

Following is a list of the top 10 bands the British public would most like to see back in action:

ABBA (25 percent); The Police (13); Pink Floyd (11); The Smiths (11); Oasis (10); The Jam (9); Dire Straits (8); The Clash (6); Spice Girls (4); Sex Pistols (3).

------

So, to open the poll worldwide, I'd like to ask everyone on LPSG which band(s) they would like to see reform. Top of my list: Talking Heads.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would love to see Cream reform. They're kind of old now, but I'm sure they could still kick ass.

I'd also be satisfied with ABBA.:biggrin1:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Wow the British public are a bit dim aren't they The Police, The Pistols and te Spice Girls have already done it and I don't think it would be a good idea to dig up Joe Strummer. It looks like we've given up on the Beatles reunion at last though.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Wow the British public are a bit dim aren't they The Police, The Pistols and te Spice Girls have already done it and I don't think it would be a good idea to dig up Joe Strummer. It looks like we've given up on the Beatles reunion at last though.
i was thinknig that too..... id love to see the Jam live. what a band, ive seen paul wellar and it was amazing, i imagine the jam would be the same. Shame it will never happen.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Count me in when they would perform again! Abba is great, phenomenal, still these days most people like their music or are familiar with it. Love it.
A mate of mine would love it too, so I'm not the one my age who love them.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Count me in when they would perform again! Abba is great, phenomenal, still these days most people like their music or are familiar with it. Love it.
A mate of mine would love it too, so I'm not the one my age who love them.

Hey Pieter, remeber that ABBA thread we used to post in on here?, that was fun.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow the British public are a bit dim aren't they The Police, The Pistols and te Spice Girls have already done it
So have Cream. The only ones on the OP that I'd be interested in seeing back are Pink Floyd & The Smiths. I'd also like to see the full original line-up of Three Dog Night together again.
I kinda wish I coulda seen the U.K. reunion shows Mott The Hoople did a few months ago. Anybody know anything about those shows? I'd heard that Buffin was replaced by Martin Chambers of The Pretenders (?).
A friend of mine hit it on the head when he said that the only reunion he'd pay todays stratospheric concert ticket prices for is The Beatles...and Lennon & Harrison would have to rise from the dead and perform there for him to spring for it. :eek:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am the only one who likes to remember people the way that they were in their prime? Even if they still have the sound it's always a little depressing to see someone after so many years trying to be what they once were. On the other hand if it's someone who continued to preform and evolve their music through the years you don't get that same stark reality from days long gone to now.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate ABBA. However, given my choice, I'd love to see T2 or The Talking Heads reform.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
UK poll shows ABBA band people most want to reform | Entertainment | Reuters
Following is a list of the top 10 bands the British public would most like to see back in action:

ABBA (25 percent); The Police (13); Pink Floyd (11); The Smiths (11); Oasis (10); The Jam (9); Dire Straits (8); The Clash (6); Spice Girls (4); Sex Pistols (3).
So, to open the poll worldwide, I'd like to ask everyone on LPSG which band(s) they would like to see reform. Top of my list: Talking Heads.
Not quite.Replace "the British public" with 1500 random plebs.
PRS for Music, the organization that collects royalties on behalf of composers and songwriters, said that one quarter of the 1,500 people surveyed favored an ABBA reunion.
That's 375.You think that a survey of 1500 people is an accurate representation of the country?
The death of Sterling Morrison has ruled out another full reunion of The Velvet Underground but I'd still like to see John Cale,Lou Reed and Mo Tucker play together.
From the UK I'd like to see The Stone Roses one more time.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My vote would be to see ABBA live again. I saw them in their 1978-1979 world tour, they were brilliant. Now with new technology, I can only imagine what a live show would be like.