UK poll shows ABBA band people most want to reform

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
UK poll shows ABBA band people most want to reform | Entertainment | Reuters

ABBA, made up of Anni-Frid Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Agnetha Faltskog, performed in public for the last time in 1982.

Following is a list of the top 10 bands the British public would most like to see back in action:

ABBA (25 percent); The Police (13); Pink Floyd (11); The Smiths (11); Oasis (10); The Jam (9); Dire Straits (8); The Clash (6); Spice Girls (4); Sex Pistols (3).

------

So, to open the poll worldwide, I'd like to ask everyone on LPSG which band(s) they would like to see reform. Top of my list: Talking Heads.

Abba? Now there's a fright! 2 are turning 65 next year, and the youngest (Fältskog) will be 60 in April. Their tunes were moderately entertaining years ago, not the sort of thing I'd care to revisit, especially now that they've entered their golden years.

Of the choices listed, I'd prefer seeing and hearing Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler is extremely talented.

Of all bands from the past, I'd rather not have any of them do a feeble reuinion, it's rare that they can match their previous energy and offer the audience the fullest experience possible, which, is (I feel) disrepectful of the people paying for the tickets. Watch some of those horrifying pledge drive specials (Doo Wop, Motown, etc. etc.) on PBS and witness how the once glorious voices have gone south. Watch as the stars of the past, shuffle slowly on stage, and need a stool to rest on or grip a stand microphone to keep from toppling over. Not a pretty sight.