Ukraine And Trump

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
They're are the minority on a host of topics but getting the rest of the voters to understand they must show up and vote to win and incredibly just to KEEP they already have. Many dems/progressives/liberals don't get that conservatives have a long list of things they hate that many fought for and intend to undo the second they get power. Trump is on a rampage to undo everything Obama did in 8 yrs squished into his 4 yr. term. And should he win a 2nd term is full on tyranny.

I agree with like 98% of what you just said. The only difference i find is that they in general are the majority. I agree that democrats and maybe even independents need to research republicans more before they can more effectively defend against them but i'm also 80% sure most democrats in office understand just how outnumbered they are when it comes to a lot of topics.

Civil rights in general is liberal ideology. Stemming directly from liberalism. With conservatism being the reason civil rights are needed across the board. That as you know didn't just come out of thin air.

That was from thousand upon thousands of years of work from conservatives throughout the history of mankind. Ending with most people started off from inside conservative ideology and then approaching liberal ideas.

So yeah. Liberals are in fact out numbered. Not just because the origins of just about everything stems from conservatism but because liberalism is constantly being painted as extremism.

Pretty sure you've heard about surgeons not washing their hands in the past. Imagine if we still had to deal with that sort of thing today. My guess is that it would be painted as a liberal stance. In which people were babying patients. That it wouldn't be cost effective. That certain patients don't even deserve that kind of special treatment because they aren't even americans and so on.

And i would imagine a certain large portion of people seeing that interaction between the washing is good because science and the washing is bad because my feels as being both sides. Given the nature of the actual interaction those people automatically helping the washing is bad because my feels group. Giving undeserved merit to an argument that costs people their lives.

Even when it comes to those who refuse to engage but who are also completely ignorant of the subject matter. They also help the washing hands is bad because feels group.

And the same goes for now. So they aren't the minority in that way. In that context they are without doubt the majority. And i think a good number of democrats in office get that. Which is why i think they've been so hesitant on so many different issues.

I do still agree with you though. Democrats, progressives and liberals in general don't get it. I think most of the reasoning behind that though is because..it's just so so much. I think it's kind of difficult to reign in just how many things republicans/conservatives attack on a regular basis. If either of us were to attempt to make a list out of every last republican/conservative attack throughout the history mankind i'm pretty sure it would beat the bible on the amount of words used.

I'm also pretty sure that even trying to summarize those things would lead to the longest cvs receipt in history. After a certain point people zone out. They can't really handle that much dense information regarding one very specific group of people. Add in the effects of republican/conservative policy over the span of humanity and that gets even worse.

So not only do republicans/conservatives have a majority in physical numbers (the world in general) but from republican/conservative lies, cheating and stealing from the past they even have a sort of ideological majority that's automatic.

Take blacklivesmatter for instance. The very simplistic and straight forward goal of that group was to ask a question. Do black lives really matter as much as everyone elses? We know the answer to that. And we know by people's continued reactions to said group. If martin luther king jr were alive today he would also know the answer to that question.

Problem is, an insane amount of people who refuse to talk about them at all, have talked about them and will have no idea a question was even asked by their name. Had and have no idea that their very reactions to the group proves the importance of the group to begin with.

That their assumptions about said group were and are....automatic.

So yeah, i very much agree. Don't get me wrong though. There are without doubt more people out there who inherently don't want to automatically make decisions based on republican/conservative ideology. It's just, once again me agreeing with you fully here, they have no idea (dag nabbit...here i go with the matrix references) just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

My guess is that if people understood just how far reaching republican/conservative ideology has been. How many times it has negatively effected their lives personally. How many people over the span of humanity have been negatively effected by it. And how it could very well end humanity in general. Then the majorities within certain contexts will begin to change.

I know i'm doing the whole talking a lot thing again but we're talking racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, elitism, penis size shaming, fat shaming, the ignoring of science, the manipulation of facts, detrimental financial systems, kings and queens, fascist regimes, unhealthy medical practices, the protection of child abuse in many different categories, the mutations on studies of thought, the denial of climate change information and so on all coming directly from republican/conservative ideology/people.

Ok, gonna stop typing now. Pretty sure you understood what i'm saying before i even said it.

D

deleted15807

I agree with like 98% of what you just said. The only difference i find is that they in general are the majority. I agree that democrats and maybe even independents need to research republicans more before they can more effectively defend against them but i'm also 80% sure most democrats in office understand just how outnumbered they are when it comes to a lot of topics.

Civil rights in general is liberal ideology. Stemming directly from liberalism. With conservatism being the reason civil rights are needed across the board. That as you know didn't just come out of thin air.

That was from thousand upon thousands of years of work from conservatives throughout the history of mankind. Ending with most people started off from inside conservative ideology and then approaching liberal ideas.

So yeah. Liberals are in fact out numbered. Not just because the origins of just about everything stems from conservatism but because liberalism is constantly being painted as extremism.

Pretty sure you've heard about surgeons not washing their hands in the past. Imagine if we still had to deal with that sort of thing today. My guess is that it would be painted as a liberal stance. In which people were babying patients. That it wouldn't be cost effective. That certain patients don't even deserve that kind of special treatment because they aren't even americans and so on.

And i would imagine a certain large portion of people seeing that interaction between the washing is good because science and the washing is bad because my feels as being both sides. Given the nature of the actual interaction those people automatically helping the washing is bad because my feels group. Giving undeserved merit to an argument that costs people their lives.

Even when it comes to those who refuse to engage but who are also completely ignorant of the subject matter. They also help the washing hands is bad because feels group.

And the same goes for now. So they aren't the minority in that way. In that context they are without doubt the majority. And i think a good number of democrats in office get that. Which is why i think they've been so hesitant on so many different issues.

I do still agree with you though. Democrats, progressives and liberals in general don't get it. I think most of the reasoning behind that though is because..it's just so so much. I think it's kind of difficult to reign in just how many things republicans/conservatives attack on a regular basis. If either of us were to attempt to make a list out of every last republican/conservative attack throughout the history mankind i'm pretty sure it would beat the bible on the amount of words used.

I'm also pretty sure that even trying to summarize those things would lead to the longest cvs receipt in history. After a certain point people zone out. They can't really handle that much dense information regarding one very specific group of people. Add in the effects of republican/conservative policy over the span of humanity and that gets even worse.

So not only do republicans/conservatives have a majority in physical numbers (the world in general) but from republican/conservative lies, cheating and stealing from the past they even have a sort of ideological majority that's automatic.

Take blacklivesmatter for instance. The very simplistic and straight forward goal of that group was to ask a question. Do black lives really matter as much as everyone elses? We know the answer to that. And we know by people's continued reactions to said group. If martin luther king jr were alive today he would also know the answer to that question.

Problem is, an insane amount of people who refuse to talk about them at all, have talked about them and will have no idea a question was even asked by their name. Had and have no idea that their very reactions to the group proves the importance of the group to begin with.

That their assumptions about said group were and are....automatic.

So yeah, i very much agree. Don't get me wrong though. There are without doubt more people out there who inherently don't want to automatically make decisions based on republican/conservative ideology. It's just, once again me agreeing with you fully here, they have no idea (dag nabbit...here i go with the matrix references) just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

My guess is that if people understood just how far reaching republican/conservative ideology has been. How many times it has negatively effected their lives personally. How many people over the span of humanity have been negatively effected by it. And how it could very well end humanity in general. Then the majorities within certain contexts will begin to change.

I know i'm doing the whole talking a lot thing again but we're talking racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, elitism, penis size shaming, fat shaming, the ignoring of science, the manipulation of facts, detrimental financial systems, kings and queens, fascist regimes, unhealthy medical practices, the protection of child abuse in many different categories, the mutations on studies of thought, the denial of climate change information and so on all coming directly from republican/conservative ideology/people.

Ok, gonna stop typing now. Pretty sure you understood what i'm saying before i even said it.

What I meant by minority is on the issues of education, health care, infrastructure, transportation, etc. All issues most people believe government has a role to play and it's not turned over to private industry for profits. However to get elected conservative candidates lie routinely about their true intentions and flip once in office. Do recall Mitt Romney's Etch-A-Sketch moment. Trump being the latest a long line of "I'm for you" before the election gets flipped to "I'm for jobs" which is just codeword for big business and Wall Street.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What I meant by minority is on the issues of education, health care, infrastructure, transportation, etc. All issues most people believe government has a role to play and it's not turned over to private industry for profits. However to get elected conservative candidates lie routinely about their true intentions and flip once in office. Do recall Mitt Romney's Etch-A-Sketch moment. Trump being the latest a long line of "I'm for you" before the election gets flipped to "I'm for jobs" which is just codeword for big business and Wall Street.
Ok - that is enlightening to me.

Regarding flipping, I remember in the lead up to the election he made much of wanting to revitalize US manufacturing, noting the dominance/dependence of the arms industry ...

So I'm keen to know what you think of the following questions, not being in the US myself ... I'm keen to learn ...

How is the support he gets from women voters explained?

So will the military eventually turn against him?

How likely is it that he will be assasinated?

Are US evagelical apocalypse enthusiasts about equal in number to the rest? Is that the root of the problem?

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media

Ok, then i further agree with you then. :)

D

deleted15807

Ok - that is enlightening to me.

Regarding flipping, I remember in the lead up to the election he made much of wanting to revitalize US manufacturing, noting the dominance/dependence of the arms industry ...

Epic failure on that point. He thought he could bully his way via a trade war with China. Hasn't worked out at all.

So I'm keen to know what you think of the following questions, not being in the US myself ... I'm keen to learn ...

How is the support he gets from women voters explained?

https://www.usnews.com/news/electio...from-women-could-cost-trump-the-2020-election

So will the military eventually turn against him?

You mean a coup? Never.
Votes? Not sure but not enough to matter.

How likely is it that he will be assasinated?

I suppose as likely as any other US president.

Are US evagelical apocalypse enthusiasts about equal in number to the rest? Is that the root of the problem?

The Republican Party is made up of three big groups that are aware of each other and support each other while not really caring that much for each other.

1. The plutocrats that want to bend government to their wishes in order to enrich themselves. They are anti-union, anti-tax, anti-EPA, anti-any-social-programs.
  2. The theocrats (evangelicals) that want to enshrine Christianity in government. Abortion abortion abortion is all they care about.
  3. The xenophobes (anti-immigrants, bigots, misogynists & racists) and want government to make "their America" safe from those groups. These guys love guns as you need them to protect yourself from the all the folks they dislike.

On LPSG you mainly only see Group 3 here. They have a hard time not getting banned as hate is the fuel that fuels their engines and it's hard not letting loose a torrent of hate at those groups they dislike as they bounce around the political forum trying to not violate the rules.

Conservatism started out as just Group #1 but that was never enough to win elections so over the last 30-40 years they've added Groups #2 and #3 in order to win elections. Groups #2 and #3 are just now becoming aware that Group #1 is screwing them economically hence the rise of Trump whom they think will help them to suppress Group #1 while turbocharging the hate. They have a lot to learn though since they elected a Group #1 member who has zero interest in them.

shoot4joy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Epic failure on that point. He thought he could bully his way via a trade war with China. Hasn't worked out at all.

https://www.usnews.com/news/electio...from-women-could-cost-trump-the-2020-election

You mean a coup? Never.

The Republican Party is made up of three big groups that are aware of each other and support each other while not really caring that much for each other.

1. The plutocrats that want to bend government to their wishes in order to enrich themselves. They are anti-union, anti-tax, anti-EPA, anti-any-social-programs.
  2. The theocrats (evangelicals) that want to enshrine Christianity in government. Abortion abortion abortion is all they care about.
  3. The xenophobes (anti-immigrants, bigots, misogynists & racists) and want government to make "their America" safe from those groups. These guys love guns as you need them to protect yourself from the all the folks they dislike.

On LPSG you mainly only see Group 3 here. They have a hard time not getting banned as hate is the fuel that fuels their engines and it's hard not letting loose a torrent of hate at those groups they dislike as they bounce around the political forum trying to not violate the rules.

Conservatism started out as just Group #1 but that was never enough to win elections so over the last 30-40 years they've added Groups #2 and #3 in order to win elections. Groups #2 and #3 are just now becoming aware that Group #1 is screwing them economically hence the rise of Trump whom they think will help them to suppress Group #1 while turbocharging the hate. They have a lot to learn though since they elected a Group #1 member who has zero interest in them.
Great analysis!

Reactions: keenobserver

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You mean a coup? Never.

Thanks - insightful summary. The Americans I know personally are enbarrassed and horrified by what is happening ... so I don't feel comfortable asking these sorts of questions directly. Most appreciated.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
QUID PRO QUO 1. Corrupt Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko promised to open an investigation of the Bidens if Trump fired Yovanovitch. Trump did fire Yovanovitch. Lutsenko didn't deliver on his side of the deal. (Zelensky was elected president & then removed Lutsenko)

QUID PRO QUO 2. Pence would attend Zelensky's inauguration if the new Ukrainian government opened an investigation of the Bidens. Ukrainians didn't deliver; Pence canceled his trip.

QUID PRO QUO 3. Trump would give Zelensky an Oval office meeting-- an extremely valuable chit in diplomacy sought by all heads of state -- if new Ukrainian government opened an investigation of the Bidens. Zelensky didn't deliver; Zelensky has never visited the White House.

QUID PRO QUO 4. Trump froze military assistance until Zelensky opened an investigation of the Bidens. Zelensky was feeling the pressure and seemed ready to do this deal. But the the whistleblower acted first, forcing Trump to resume military assistance.

That's four different plays made by team Trump, attempted over several months, to try to get the Ukrainian government to open an investigation of the Bidens. In all 4 cases, Trump was using his public office to pursue private gains, the definition of corruption.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
He's their man. See below.

The apocalyptic myth that helps explain evangelical support for Trump

So much for separation of church and state. A cabinet meeting not long ago.
View attachment 11454811

God’s used imperfect people all through history. King David wasn’t perfect. Saul wasn’t perfect. Solomon wasn’t perfect,” outgoing Energy Secretary Rick Perry said in an interview on “Fox & Friends” before going on to claim that he had given the president “a little one-pager on those Old Testament kings about a month ago. And I shared with him, I said, ‘Mr. President, I know there are people who say, you know, you are the chosen one,’ and I said, ‘You were.’ ”​

Trump's not perfect but yes God is using him.

That's just their bullshit rationale/excuse for KNOWINGLY defending the indefensible and unconscionable, for accepting the unacceptable, and for supporting HATE and PURE EVIL.

They've fooled themselves so they figure they can fool their God as well.

They figure that'll keep them from ending up in that hell they SUPPOSEDLY believe in.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

More on this here as well

Did Trump Goons Stalk Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch?

The personal threat to Yovanovitch was apparently greater than previously known. Among the many stunning elements of the documents released Tuesday night were a series of breathtaking WhatsApp messages between Parnas and Robert F. Hyde, a Republican running for congress in Connecticut. Hyde was messaging Parnas last spring about Yovanovitch. “Fuck that bitch,” Hyde messaged Parnas on March 22, in response to a series of articles and tweets Parnas had sent him highlighting Giuliani’s then-underway media campaign against the ambassador. The next morning, Hyde continued: “Wow. Can’t believe Trum[p] hasn’t fired this bitch. I’ll get right in that.” Within a few hours, it appeared that Hyde had Yovanovitch under direct surveillance. He messaged Parnas: “She under heavy protection outside Kiev.” The exchange of articles continued, then two days later on March 25, Hyde sent Parnas a message saying, “what should I do with this?,” then “they are moving her tomorrow?,” then “The guys over they asked me what I would like to do and what is in it for them,” then “Wake up Yankees man,” and then “she talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off.” The messages about her apparent whereabouts continued throughout the day. “The address I sent you checks out,” Hyde wrote. “It’s next to the embassy,” he continued. And then, ominously: “They are willing to help if we/you would like a price.” Hyde added: “Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money…what I was told.” Parnas responded at this point “LOL.” The next day, the updates picked up again. Hyde told Parnas on March 26: “If you want her out they need to make contact with security forces.” The day after that, he wrote: “It’s confirmed we have a person inside.”

fPJrDxp.jpg

The Sopranos Presidency continues unabated. Lets be clear he is a gangster. This new character, Lev But given the direction of this reptile party it's no surprise.

Thanks to President Trump, we are living in a world of sleaze.

It’s tough enough keeping count of the former Trump associates who’ve been indicted, convicted or imprisoned. With startling regularity, new names emerge on what seems a bottomless list of scoundrels and grifters.

Last week, following the slow tortures of the House impeachment process, a new character emerged in the nick of time to bestir the swamp. In a perverse deus ex machina, this time surfacing from the bowels of the stage, Lev Parnas was this week’s man of the moment.

Thanks to Trump, we are living in a world of sleaze
That said none of this began with Trump. Trump is the culmination of a decades long republican assault on liberal democracy. Voter suppression, gerrymandering, propaganda, dirty tricks, misinformation, smearing, race baiting, lying, and big money.

Decades ago, republicans decided to ally themselves with evangelical fundamentalists, bigots, and anti democratic forces- all while falsely wrapping themselves in the constitution. Trump is simply too ignorant and crude to keep up the pretense as well as his predecessors. The sleaze has always been there, it’s just out in the open and over the top now.

D

deleted15807

For someone who says he did nothing wrong and he had a "perfect call" , Trump sure is blocking a lot of people who could testify to how perfect and awesome he is. A truly EPIC coverup is underway.

President Trump’s legal defense team and Senate GOP allies are quietly gaming out contingency plans should Democrats win enough votes to force witnesses to testify in the impeachment trial, including an effort to keep former national security adviser John Bolton from the spotlight, according to multiple officials familiar with the discussions.

While Republicans continue to express confidence that Democrats will fail to persuade four GOP lawmakers to break ranks with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who has opposed calling any witnesses in the trial, they are readying a Plan B just in case — underscoring how uncertain they are about prevailing in a showdown over witnesses and Bolton’s possible testimony.

Trump’s lawyers, Senate GOP allies work privately to ensure Bolton does not testify publicly

D

deleted15807

'Take her out'

tape appears to catch Trump demanding removal of Ukraine ambassador – live

“Get rid of her!” is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it.”

….Parnas appears to say: “The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She’s still left over from the Clinton administration,” Parnas can be heard telling Trump. “She’s basically walking around telling everybody ‘Wait, he’s gonna get impeached, just wait.” (Yovanovitch actually had served in the State Department since the Reagan administration.)

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
  1. The xenophobes (anti-immigrants, bigots, misogynists & racists) and want government to make "their America" safe from those groups. These guys love guns as you need them to protect yourself from the all the folks they dislike.

lol projection much? You think minority groups can't take care of themselves and need your help. Hows that for racist.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
'Take her out'

tape appears to catch Trump demanding removal of Ukraine ambassador – live

“Get rid of her!” is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. “Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it.”

….Parnas appears to say: “The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She’s still left over from the Clinton administration,” Parnas can be heard telling Trump. “She’s basically walking around telling everybody ‘Wait, he’s gonna get impeached, just wait.” (Yovanovitch actually had served in the State Department since the Reagan administration.)

Gotta love how a politician saying to push back on a specific group gets labeled as a threat but both you gotta shoot them because they're like coyotes and take her out isn't.

D

deleted15807

If Bolton were a true patriot he would call a news conference tomorrow and let the public hear the truth and not have to buy his book.

WASHINGTON — President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

The president’s statement as described by Mr. Bolton could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense: that the holdup in aid was separate from Mr. Trump’s requests that Ukraine announce investigations into his perceived enemies, including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden, who had worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while his father was in office.

Mr. Bolton’s explosive account of the matter at the center of Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial, the third in American history, was included in drafts of a manuscript he has circulated in recent weeks to close associates. He also sent a draft to the White House for a standard review process for some current and former administration officials who write books.

Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, Bolton Book Says
If the Republican Senate continues to keep its ears closed and its head in the Trump sand, then let the House call a new emergency impeachment inquiry and subpoena John Bolton and let him testify to the House about Trump's corrupt quid pro quo.

Then impeach Trump again for his Twitter perjuries denying the quid pro quo.

Then send another impeachment to the Senate with Bolton's smoking gun.

Nothing says lawlessness like the modern Republican Party.

D

deleted15807

We have now learned precisely what John Bolton is prepared to tell us about President Trump’s Ukraine extortion scheme. This is terribly inconvenient for Republican senators who are frantically searching for ways to vote against hearing from Trump’s former national security adviser and any others who can shed fresh light on Trump’s corrupt conduct.

After all, new revelations might complicate their preordained vote for acquittal, and that must not happen before that vote is cast.

Bolton writes in an unpublished manuscript of his new book that Trump personally told him he was withholding nearly $400 million in military aid to Ukraine until officials there carried out the political dirty deeds he was demanding, the New York Times reports.

• Trump’s new pushback is demonstrable nonsense.
  • A key Trump legal defense now lies in ruins.
  • Trump’s legal team likely previewed Bolton’s manuscript.
  • GOP senators have no arguments left.

Four big takeaways from the explosive John Bolton bombshell
The bottom line is every senator in the chamber is going to view the presidents' lawyers' presentation of their defense of Trump as one big pack of lies.

Can Republicans live with themselves by acquitting trump when they know he is guilty as hell?

Absolutely. No worries at all.

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
We have now learned precisely what John Bolton is prepared to tell us about President Trump’s Ukraine extortion scheme. This is terribly inconvenient for Republican senators who are frantically searching for ways to vote against hearing from Trump’s former national security adviser and any others who can shed fresh light on Trump’s corrupt conduct.

After all, new revelations might complicate their preordained vote for acquittal, and that must not happen before that vote is cast.

Bolton writes in an unpublished manuscript of his new book that Trump personally told him he was withholding nearly $400 million in military aid to Ukraine until officials there carried out the political dirty deeds he was demanding, the New York Times reports.

• Trump’s new pushback is demonstrable nonsense.
  • A key Trump legal defense now lies in ruins.
  • Trump’s legal team likely previewed Bolton’s manuscript.
  • GOP senators have no arguments left.

Four big takeaways from the explosive John Bolton bombshell
The bottom line is every senator in the chamber is going to view the presidents' lawyers' presentation of their defense of Trump as one big pack of lies.

Can Republicans live with themselves by acquitting trump when they know he is guilty as hell?

Absolutely. No worries at all.

Is this bigger or smaller than the Mueller storm that was going to be the end of Trump? Have you got him this time? Finally!

Reactions: 12cylinder