Un-Intelligent Design

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 18 2005, 02:10 PM
I have to admit...I thought you were a girl too. I never looked at your sex, just your name and av. I suck...sorry. My lesson is learned and I shall pay better attention next time. :lol:
[post=301679]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG... I thought so too! Lesson learned here as well!

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by bblumbee+Apr 18 2005, 06:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bblumbee &#064; Apr 18 2005, 06:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TexAssgirl@Apr 18 2005, 02:10 PM
I have to admit...I thought you were a girl too. I never looked at your sex, just your name and av. I suck...sorry. My lesson is learned and I shall pay better attention next time. :lol:
[post=301679]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG... I thought so too&#33; Lesson learned here as well&#33;
[post=301855]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

heh I had to look twice at that too. good luck in your quest for a new avatar carolina

btw, do we get to hear what the joke is about with your current avatar?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, SpeedoGuy, this reminds me of a guy, Kent Hovind, who claimed the average animal was about the size of a sheep, so they should all be able to fit on the ark, since 120 (Hovind was one of those "kind" creationists, with 60 "kinds".) sheep could fit on the ark.

Of course, I know Christians philosophy is that everything&#39;s a sheep, but that doesn&#39;t mean we can treat everything as sheep.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by jay_too@Apr 18 2005, 03:53 PM
I have not problem with fundamental groups believing, teaching, or promoting creationism. It is just another quaint "ism" like fascism or communism. It may not be very useful in understanding the world around us or predicting the consequences of present or projected actions, but hey, for some stupidity rules&#33;
[post=301782]Quoted post[/post]​

Jay, in theory, I totally agree with you. The problem is that these people vote&#33;

And reproduce&#33;

And again I ask, why are all the wrong people so damned fertile?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by steve319+Apr 19 2005, 02:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve319 &#064; Apr 19 2005, 02:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jay_too@Apr 18 2005, 03:53 PM
I have not problem with fundamental groups believing, teaching, or promoting creationism. It is just another quaint "ism" like fascism or communism. It may not be very useful in understanding the world around us or predicting the consequences of present or projected actions, but hey, for some stupidity rules&#33;
[post=301782]Quoted post[/post]​

Jay, in theory, I totally agree with you. The problem is that these people vote&#33;

And reproduce&#33;

And again I ask, why are all the wrong people so damned fertile?
[post=301897]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hola&#33; Very good question. Of course, not using birth control helps a lot. We get to reproduce in mass volume the very people with the lowest IQ bracket, and we wonder why the country&#39;s going to hell in a handbasket.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora
Of course, not using birth control helps a lot. We get to reproduce in mass volume the very people with the lowest IQ bracket, and we wonder why the country&#39;s going to hell in a handbasket.
[post=301939]Quoted post[/post]​
The correlation between IQ scores of parents and their children is far from perfect, and may be explained by environmental factors rather than genetic ones.

Leung

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick+Apr 19 2005, 02:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Dilznick &#064; Apr 19 2005, 02:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora
Of course, not using birth control helps a lot. We get to reproduce in mass volume the very people with the lowest IQ bracket, and we wonder why the country&#39;s going to hell in a handbasket.
[post=301939]Quoted post[/post]​
The correlation between IQ scores of parents and their children is far from perfect, and may be explained by environmental factors rather than genetic ones.
[post=302035]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Or that stupid people put condoms on the wrong appendage, like their nose...

Btw, over here in the UK there was something going around with the youngins that if a girl inserts a tampon before sex she won&#39;t get pregnant... Unfortunately they all ended up with toxic shock and some died :( Darwinism in motion

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 19 2005, 12:53 PM
*ahem* I have an above average IQ.
[post=302014]Quoted post[/post]​

Texass, you&#39;re not a fundie&#33; The proof IS in your IQ. I also don&#39;t see you as a breeder, I didn&#39;t mean everyone who thinks differently from me.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, definitely not a fundie&#33; I misinterpreted your "country&#39;s going to hell in a handbasket" as somehow referring to those that voted for Bush. I supposed I need to step back from being so damn defensive over my political views.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I enjoy a spirited debate, which we couldn&#39;t have if we all agreed on everything. At the end of the day, it is the ability to say and believe "I don&#39;t agree with your position, but I defend your right to hold it to the death&#33;" that makes us more humane. Most of us here seem to do that. Sure, I&#39;m full of hot air a lot of the time, but the only thing that really grinds me a new one is the fundie view that their opinions should be law. I respect anyone&#39;s opinion in regards to themselves and their own behavior, I just wholeheartedly dismiss anyone wanting to legislate mine.

Don&#39;t ever lose your passion, it&#39;s one of the (many) things I like about you&#33;

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*giggles* you said "grinds"

seriously, thanks and I agree. I don&#39;t mind if someone totally disagrees with me on something, as long as they respect that I have a right to my own opinion.

ravenously:
Originally posted by mindseye+Mar 21 2005, 06:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mindseye &#064; Mar 21 2005, 06:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-yaoifun@Mar 21 2005, 05:03 PM
Her parents were wrong to file a lawsuit too.
[post=292705]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree. Filing a lawsuit should never be a first resort, but the parents allegedly contacted the school and weren&#39;t satisfied with the outcome. I couldn&#39;t tell from the article whether the parents contacted the county school board prior to filing a lawsuit -- that would have been an appropriate second resort.

If neither of these panned out, a lawsuit is an entirely correct way of protecting your children.
[post=292710]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I agree with mindseye. There&#39;s a little thing called seperation of church and state, and I&#39;m very much in favor of it. Incidently, Ben Franklyn put that into the constitution,and he happened to be a member of EVERY church in Phillidelpha.
Could, you imagine what would happen if religious fundamentalists came into power in this country? Oh....wait......nevermind.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by jonb@Apr 18 2005, 09:37 PM
Actually, SpeedoGuy, this reminds me of a guy, Kent Hovind, who claimed the average animal was about the size of a sheep, so they should all be able to fit on the ark, since 120 (Hovind was one of those "kind" creationists, with 60 "kinds".) sheep could fit on the ark.

Of course, I know Christians philosophy is that everything&#39;s a sheep, but that doesn&#39;t mean we can treat everything as sheep.
[post=301884]Quoted post[/post]​

Hence the oft-quoted Scripture "Thou shalt not lie with a ram as with a ewe; it is an abomination."

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 19 2005, 05:16 PM
no, definitely not a fundie&#33; I misinterpreted your "country&#39;s going to hell in a handbasket" as somehow referring to those that voted for Bush. I supposed I need to step back from being so damn defensive over my political views.
[post=302086]Quoted post[/post]​

Better yet....trade in your old political views. :D

jay

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha ha ha....That&#39;s not going to happen.

While I&#39;m more than willing to listen to another person&#39;s views on any given subject and respect them, I will keep my political views as long as they don&#39;t go against the beliefs and morals that I was raised with.

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 20 2005, 06:56 PM
Ha ha ha....That&#39;s not going to happen.

While I&#39;m more than willing to listen to another person&#39;s views on any given subject and respect them, I will keep my political views as long as they don&#39;t go against the beliefs and morals that I was raised with.
[post=302579]Quoted post[/post]​

The more I read from you the more I like you&#33;

I think we all should adhere to our own beliefs and self-indoctrinated systems rather than those imposed on us by any given group or society at large. Although we may not always agree on issues/topics, it is important to maintain your own spectra and view about those issues as well as to be able to effectively articulate your stance/position. Besides, if we all were to "follow the leader" or follow the majority, would not this world be boring.

TexAss, maintain your ethical position and your stance politically. Only you can answer to that... only you. Additionally, I echo your sentiment, wholeheartedly. :)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
@DC_Deep:
This guy Hovind was kinda funny, though:

The Trail of Tears was where the Cherokee Indians were driven out of the Chattanooga area all the way to Oklahoma. ... Evolution is responsible for what happened to the Indians. How any Indian can believe in evolution just blows my mind. ... [T]he evolution theory is what destroyed them
(Hovind, chapter 4.)

Darwin must&#39;ve had a time machine, since Jefferson first suggested Indian eviction in 1802, and the Nunadautsunt was 20 years before Origin was published.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Dr. Bubbles@Apr 20 2005, 04:04 PM
...it is important to maintain your own spectra and view about those issues...
[post=302599]Quoted post[/post]​

First the pics and now using the plural of "spectrum?" Oh doc, I think I&#39;m in love&#33; :wub: