Unable to use bathroom at work

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is a real question. I find it literally impossible to ever use the bathroom at work due to working alone and not being able to leave my area unattended and the door lock being broken. I can rush in and take a quick piss or something (I sometimes find myself unzipping on the way to the door), but beyond that everything else is impossible.

Are there any labor laws or anything against this? It really is insulting sometimes.

This is a real question. I find it literally impossible to ever use the bathroom at work due to working alone and not being able to leave my area unattended and the door lock being broken. I can rush in and take a quick piss or something (I sometimes find myself unzipping on the way to the door), but beyond that everything else is impossible.

Are there any labor laws or anything against this? It really is insulting sometimes.

I suggest you confront your supervisor straight with the situation before looking into labor laws, the union , etc. especially with the job market being what it is.

If you do (make sure you keep a record of how, when and where you approached management) and they take no action, Google the fair labor laws for your location and proceed from there.

Sometimes the boss is just ignorant or unaware of situations, assume the best and then work from there.

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nothing really complicated- just ask your boss if you can get some coverage for you while your doing your thing. BTW, no violation of the labor laws as far as I can tell.

There is litterally no one in the building except me....the boss is not there, he's about 12 miles away in the corporate office. The door lock is broken.

Not being able to use the bathroom IS a labor law violation in some regards, it just depends on the situation, i'm just wondering if this pertains to this.
SUBJECT: Interpretation of 29 CFR 1910.141(c)(1)(i): Toilet Facilities

OSHA's sanitation standard for general industry, 29 CFR 1910.141(c)(l)(i), requires employers to provide their employees with toilet facilities:
Except as otherwise indicated in this paragraph (c)(l)(i), toliet facilities, in toilet rooms separate for each sex shall be provided in all places of employment in accordance with Table J-1 of this section .... [emphasis added]
This memorandum explains OSHA's interpretation that this standard requires employers to make toilet facilities available so that employees can use them when they need to do so. The employer may not impose unreasonable restrictions on employee use of the facilities. OSHA believes this requirement is implicit in the language of the standard and has not previously seen a need to address it more explicitly. Recently, however, OSHA has received requests for clarification of this point and has decided to issue this memorandum to explain its position clearly.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is litterally no one in the building except me....the boss is not there, he's about 12 miles away in the corporate office. The door lock is broken.

Not being able to use the bathroom IS a labor law violation in some regards, it just depends on the situation, i'm just wondering if this pertains to this.
OK, now that Ive just seen this, I now can tell you this IS a direct violation under any kind of labor code, and if there's one available, get in touch with your HR, you just pointed it out; call the corporate office and file a grievance.

lineok03

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Norwalk, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
if your the only one then why so freaked? and if you rent office space .. the landlord can fix it. ... you can fix it yourself and then use the cost of the lock as a federal tax write off. is your company a mom &pop bussines? or a corporation? llc?

kind of weird your asking for advice on a larg penis support group

my 2 cents

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In an 8 hr day you should be entitled to a 30 min lunch and 2 15 mins breaks. If it were me, I would contact my state labor office and find out. That way you have more information to use when you talk with your supervisor.