UnCircumcised guys, Rigid bands? Can you fill me in?

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well one of the reasons I'm asking is that I've seen it when the foreskin is totally stretched out and there doesn't seem to be any difference than.

The ridged band (so called because has ridges) runs around the inner rim of the foreskin. Here is a picture of it: http://www.circumstitions.com/Images/Glossary/ridged.jpg

It has its own website, Erogenous Tissue Loss after Circumcision set up by the man who discovered it in 1996, the late Dr John Taylor, and described it in this paper: Erogenous Tissue Loss after Circumcision

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Foreskins are like snowflakes. I can fully retract now, but when I was in my teens, my rigid band was well...rigid. I've stretched it out through use! HAHA. Anyway, I've been with adult men who have tight foreskins that they cannot retract. Just take a look at a couple different cocks and you'll start to see it and or understand it. Study, study, study.

S

SirConcis

The "ridged band" is an artificial contruct that did not exist prior to anti circers.

The ridged band is simply the area of skin that changes from outer to inner foreksin. For males with a frenulum that isn't long enough, the frenulum prevents the shaft skin from being pulled back smooth, so you have an area of skin that has wrinkles in it. (aka the ridged band).

Not every uncircumcised has a ridged band when erect.

Circumcision doesn't necessarily remove it, but it does result in the shaft skin becoming smooth on shaft during erection, so you don't see "ridges" (aka: wrinkles).

Reactions: Masont8

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah I see. Thanks :)

The "ridged band" is an artificial contruct that did not exist prior to anti circers.

The ridged band is simply the area of skin that changes from outer to inner foreksin. For males with a frenulum that isn't long enough, the frenulum prevents the shaft skin from being pulled back smooth, so you have an area of skin that has wrinkles in it. (aka the ridged band).

Circumcision doesn't necessarily remove it, but it does result in the shaft skin becoming smooth on shaft during erection, so you don't see "ridges" (aka: wrinkles).

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Circumcision is an artificial construct.
A man is born with a ridged band, whether or not you want to acknowledge it.

S

SirConcis

mandoman: some/most but not all men are born with a frenulum which causes the foreksin to retain wrinkles when retracted. For some males, it is also the foreksin which is relatively shorter on the ventral side, causing wrinkles on the dorsal side.

Ridged bands are not an "organ", it is just a result of variations in foreskin/frenulum lengths.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Regardless of whether or not the definition is a social construct (like the definition of wrists, waists, or...well...any definition at all, really) the area that people call the ridged band is a shitload of fun.

I mean, if you really want to you can argue that every definition is inherently a social construction, and therefore capable of being deconstructed and dismissed as a human creation and not part of the "real" natural world. Hell, you can even argue that the ideas of "real" and "natural world" are human creations. But that takes all the fun out of life.

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does it feel distinct to you from the rest of the inner foreskin?

Regardless of whether or not the definition is a social construct (like the definition of wrists, waists, or...well...any definition at all, really) the area that people call the ridged band is a shitload of fun.

I mean, if you really want to you can argue that every definition is inherently a social construction, and therefore capable of being deconstructed and dismissed as a human creation and not part of the "real" natural world. Hell, you can even argue that the ideas of "real" and "natural world" are human creations. But that takes all the fun out of life.

Reactions: Masont8