Uncircumcised: How long before you wash?

How long after you wash before you get 'the scent'?

• Total voters

AsianSkin

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've been keeping my foreskin permanently retracted for the last decade now. The primary reason was because I had premature ejaculation and this helped decrease sensitivity without actual circumcision. The added benefit was that hygiene was also improved. Before, I would notice the very faint 'foreskin smell' just several hours after showering. I always pull back my foreskin for urination. If I skip a day showering, the smell became really strong. I only develop smegma after 3 days or so without showering. Of course, even with permanent retraction, I still get smelly around the neck of my penis, where the foreskin bunches up. But it is less noticeable. My girlfriend prefers it that way. She says Asians smell very little anyway. I guess it's because we have less sweat glands. But she still notices the smell under my foreskin. She says it smells like "dried figs". Weird.

Reactions: long legs

svrocks

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I shower twice daily because I live in tropical Thailand. I wash under the hood every time I shower and between the two showers my junk doesn't develop any detectable foul smell so there's my answer.

D

deleted385913

Being cut is just the normal evolutionary process than mankind has figured out in order to make life easier, better and easier to clean, keep clean. such as improving your diet and extending life expectancy through improving draconian methods. Its just stupid to say being uncut is natural and being cut isnt. its a preference. No one has the right to say it should be one way or the other thats just fucked up.

If you are uncut then great if you are cut and its easier to keep clean and lessens the risk of contracting HIV. this has been scientifically proven.

The rest is just perspectives and preference.... respect the difference.

britishboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Being cut is just the normal evolutionary process than mankind has figured out in order to make life easier, better and easier to clean, keep clean. such as improving your diet and extending life expectancy through improving draconian methods. Its just stupid to say being uncut is natural and being cut isnt. its a preference. No one has the right to say it should be one way or the other thats just fucked up.

If you are uncut then great if you are cut and its easier to keep clean and lessens the risk of contracting HIV. this has been scientifically proven.

The rest is just perspectives and preference.... respect the difference.
I don't see what any of this has to do with the question posed in the thread, but please do provide peer-reviewed citations for your claims.

Also "lessens the risk of contracting HIV" appears to be a bald-faced lie given that HIV rates between the US and Europe are either the same or lower for most European countries, despite the latter being majority intact nations compared to the US: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bcJnnGxgTzs/UR4E_GhiZ9I/AAAAAAAAHF0/M7c6bTwhElI/s1600/HIV+Rate.jpg

Also, penile foreskin is a product of nature, and therefore by definition, natural. Amputating what it typically perfectly healthy flesh is not, especially when it is forced upon others, which it unfortunately often is. That's not respecting preference, that's marking other people with your own.

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally every time I go urinate I always, without exception, wash my foreskin afterwards, same goes for any prolonged physical activity be it work or sports.

And even when I don't go to the the washroom I will often take a moment to quickly wash my foreskin if I feel that it is dirty or smelly, I am very OCD about keeping my genitals clean at all times.

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have noticed that if I leave the retracted foreskin (with the glans always uncovered), it does not give off any bad odor, at least for a fairly long period of time. On the contrary, keeping the glans covered by the foreskin, after having washed it, starts to give off a slight odor also after a short time...

4skinuncutfrench

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Something I've wondered about: For you guys with tight foreskins that you can't pull back: How do you wash your head? Just curious..

hey tight foreskin here
the very tip gets washed in shower as for under foreskin i guess it gets "naturally" cleaned ;)
can't think of a way to go under it ...

doesn't smell bad at all though

Trickcyclist

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm fascinated by this thread as someone intact, but also who loves manly scents. I live in topical/ sub tropical Australia and at most shower once a day which is more than sufficient. My OH did complain recently when I stopped wearing deodorant, but I do prefer the scent of real men. I will wash under my foreskin but this is more convention than anything - if I can get away with it (like these last three days) I won't and I much prefer the musky smell of my cock. Admittedly I've not had dick cheese since adolescence but that's because as a child/adolescent growing up we had a bath once a week, and no one ever told me to wash under my foreskin.I love the scent of men - from their pits, to their balls, to their foreskin. For me it's like French cheese! Yum!!!

When I shower. Typically rinsing my head during the shower or at my sink is sufficient. I don’t think about it. It’s such a non issue. As far as dirty, it never gets “dirty.” The only time I rinse outside of shower time is if I leave cum from the night before in there. Lol - it’s a hot smell though. LOL

Also, my outer dick gets cleaned, I don’t tend to use soap directly on my head. It’s not necessary and I’d rather not do it.

curious_hung_uncut

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
When I shower. Typically rinsing my head during the shower or at my sink is sufficient. I don’t think about it. It’s such a non issue. As far as dirty, it never gets “dirty.” The only time I rinse outside of shower time is if I leave cum from the night before in there. Lol - it’s a hot smell though. LOL

Also, my outer dick gets cleaned, I don’t tend to use soap directly on my head. It’s not necessary and I’d rather not do it.
I know that smell well, I like it too :)

Uncut7.7by5.6

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I wash my head during every shower—about every other day. If I notice the scent between showers, I will at least wash my dick in the sink. I also wash my dick in the sink if I’m expecting to have sex—especially oral. My partner loves giving head so I always try to keep it clean for him. :)

Blokeboy

Superior Member
Media

I agree...and I too, enjoy a little scent... Rinsing with only water IS sufficient.
There are many articles that discourage soaps under the foreskin, as it can dry it out.
There is so much ignorance out there. Our foreskins serve such an important purpose.
We are so fortunate.

How should an uncircumcised man wash his penis? | ISSM
A man should wash his penis with warm water every day. ... Soap, talcum powder, and deodorant should be avoided, as these products can ...”

Reactions: 4skinuncutfrench

Blokeboy

Superior Member
Media
my foreskin is very tight so have never in my life pull it all the way back ... :/
Mine was tighter also, but with a little time and “gentle”manual massaging/sorta stretching (with Shea butter), I have loosened mine a bit— and have really enjoyed the flexibility and added pleasure.

Mine was tighter also, but with a little time and “gentle”manual massaging/sorta stretching (with Shea butter), I have loosened mine a bit— and have really enjoyed the flexibility and added pleasure.
If you can grow a semblance back, you can work on expanding your prepuce. :D

Blokeboy

Superior Member
Media
I'm fascinated by this thread as someone intact, but also who loves manly scents. I live in topical/ sub tropical Australia and at most shower once a day which is more than sufficient. My OH did complain recently when I stopped wearing deodorant, but I do prefer the scent of real men. I will wash under my foreskin but this is more convention than anything - if I can get away with it (like these last three days) I won't and I much prefer the musky smell of my cock. Admittedly I've not had dick cheese since adolescence but that's because as a child/adolescent growing up we had a bath once a week, and no one ever told me to wash under my foreskin.I love the scent of men - from their pits, to their balls, to their foreskin. For me it's like French cheese! Yum!!!
Natural scents can be positively intoxicating. I stopped wearing deodorant a few years ago & have had zero regrets. It’s simple, take a shower, soap and let nature take its course for the rest of the day. And if your partner happens to enjoy this, perhaps the soap misses the pits at times (when appropriate). It’s refreshing to hear of others with this natural view, as there are many who are practically addicted to the scent of sterile bleach—with such judgement towards those of us who aren’t.
Everyone has their own unique, natural scent. Many like this, but are too shy or embarrassed to admit it out loud.
It’s really cool when people recognize the power and allure of their own pheromones...