Uncomfortable reststop experience

theprizefighter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was making a long road trip last night and I started to get very tired. Scared that I would fall asleep at the wheel I pulled into the next rest stop along this highway. The first thing I did was walk to the bathroom. As I neared the door to older gentlemen (45-55) walked out together. When I entered the bathroom there was only one man in there, and he was at one of two urinals. The first thing I noticed was that he was standing further back from the urinal than normal. Next, I noticed that his hand was on his dick and pulling it forward. I couldn't tell if it was hard cause I didn't stare, just glanced quickly, but I could see his head so if he wasn't hard he was stretching it forward. Also, right when I walked in and noticed these things he turned his head and looked right at me for several moments. I put my head down, walked to the urinal next to him and peed. While peeing I noticed him kinda glancing at my face and I also noticed that his arm and wrist kept moving. This was just very strange and awkward for me. Do people masturbate at rest stops? It was in the early morning so I guess that's when those things would happen but it really took me by surprise. Was he looking at me to see if I wanted to do the same or help or something? If anyone has any thoughts or similar experience please share 'em.

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rest Stops are notorious cruising zones. I had a similar experience years ago at a rest stop on Highway 5 in California. I was totally oblivious to what was going on but now realize that that guy was offering sex.

A lot of the guys that cruise places like this are married men that like guys on the side. This behavior is risky on several levels, including:

- Legally
- Risk of disease (HIV, Herpes, Warts)
- Risk of being mugged or the victim of a hate crime

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If Sen. Larry Craig was standing at a urinal instead of being in a stall he would have been doing this. Trolling for sex. Studies done on these men show that most are middle aged "straight" white men who are married with children. Wierd isn't it?

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My only comparable experience was whilst visiting some public toilets at a market town in Yorkshire several years ago. I went to to the urinal to pee and noticed that an elderly gent sood close by seemed to be taking an extraordinarily long time to pee. He also seemed to be gasping and moaning quite a bit. Concerned about this, I cast a glance in his direction, hoping that he was okay and not being taken ill or anything. A swift glance downwards explained everything in a second. Although he'd probably gone in there originally to pee, he certainly wasn't peeing any longer. Instead he was quite shamelessly masturbating (although his technique was a little different from the one I'd use) a fact that explained hid breathlessness as he played with what looked like a pretty big cock, bringing it up and round and kneading it like a piece of dough! Needless to say I left as quickly as possible, not wanting to hang around under the circumstances. There are some jobs best done in private and masturbation, in my view, is one of them.

PWRSTRK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Geez this even happened to me at O'Hare just this week one evening. Almost the same situation. Middle aged white male showing it off an trying to make eye contact with me.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I lived in a small town along I-5 north of Sacramento where the best 24-hour coffee shop was at the local truck stop. Believe it or not... I never saw anything going on there in the mens room. Story was that lot lizards sometimes worked the parking lot offering straight sex. Big whoop!

BigPug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i had some awesome sex at rest stops when i was in my late teens...early twenties. it was a college stop...so the dudes were handsome and my age. it was a great outlet from college stress...no strings attached. mostly jerking...occasionally a BJ. and never saw a cop. things have changed. wouldn't do it again.

cowboyfireman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We only see what we want to see. I've never seen anyone doing anything in a restroom other than resting and the occasional orgy when a bus full of frat boys stopped at the same rest area as the Mormon tabernacle choir...and they weren't just wearing milk mustaches ;-) nah, I'm just kidding...they weren't frat boys just some basketball team...the jazzies or something like that...it was on Interstate 15 near Cedar City.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Over the decades I have come to understand that there are men out there who love the risk they take with this kind of behavior and to these few men this risk and excitement is part of the eroticism of the act.

There are major problems on both sides of this one. The first is that young children can be exposed to things that are not good. The second is very often to make a big publicity scare, the officers assigned to Vice doing "toilet monitor" duty resent it and use tactics that are both "profiling" and "entrapment". A third is that this is absolutely anonymous sex and the potential for contacting STD's is VERY high. Very little to recommend it....

I can tell you that in Riverside County, in California, most of these men are charged in such a manner as to become "Registered Sex Offenders" and this forever places one under suspicion for anything and everything.

I would think that if some individual wants "toilet sex" that he could build some kind of "stage" in his garage and have fun that way. Public locations I unfortunately have to side with "law enforcement", and I feel sad that we even have to have a thread such as this one.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, you just KNOW I've got to get in on this thread. As a teenager (18) I discovered the rest stops on I-15 north of Provo, Ewetaw, where the gay cruising was non-stop, 24/7, all year 'round. Rather than the local communities or Ewetaw Highway Patrol issue cititations or arrests for "public lewdness", the Ewetaw County Sheriff had deputized a posse of Brigham Young University's campus police to go into the public mens rooms, shake their weenies and entrap any one dumb enough to fall for the enticement. The majority of men who were arrested (and usually let go) were BYU students, faculty, and upstanding members of the sweet spirit communities of Happy Valley (the term commonly used to distinguish Ewetaw County from the rest of the State).

In 1969 I'd made several visits back to Ewetaw to help with organizing SLC's first gay community center when I found out about this particular hot bed of rampant public homosexual behavior. Of course, sex in mens toilets all over California as well as the rest of the world was a well-known fact that straight and gay men had figured out how to indulge or ignore for centuries. But Ewetaw was a buzzing and a jumping up until about 1980 when the Ewetaw Department of Highways finally closed the rest stops and tore them out. This also put a dent in the hooker business knocking on the doors of long-haul truckers.

Nowadays, all one needs to do is log on to Gay.com and select the Ewetaw County chat room to hook up at the entrances to canyons or nearby parks for getting together.

As for dealing with this sort of public behavior, which seems to be universal among both straight and gay men around the world: If you're not interested, use a stall to take a piss. If a toilet queen insists upon bothering you, just say "no." It worked for Nancy Reagan. I understand she hasn't had a blowjob since 1979.

hp6969

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
DITTO for the NYC subway system, the entire subway system. The amount of times that I jacked off or traded BJ's in the subway bathrooms has no number. Back in the early 80's the T-rooms as they were called, only needed a coffee bar and a shower room to classified as a full fledged bathhouse. Ofcourse the cops busted up the party soon after that, but any old school NYC'ers will tell you those were the glory days.