unconditional basic income

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can think of other meanings and consequences. Mostly good.

Well the IMF has structurally adjusted a lot of developing economies to run trade surpluses with every single case ending in disaster.

The beneficiaries have been the post-industrial trade deficit countries.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And the way it was managed or mismanaged perhaps. Qatar seems to have done OK, and Russia and China, though wait for a few shocks there.

Not really. They were conned into hard currency loans which forced them to export. The conditionalities for the loans pretty much destroyed their domestic economies so that their public assets could be picked off by the TNCs.

Russia is still recovering from the rape in the Yeltsin years and China is finding that that $US surplus it has is not quite the blessing that they may have thought it would represent given the US's military posture against them.

The less said about the Qataris the better. An evil little regime.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you like anywhere? Are you ever positive abut anything?

May be it is best you stay in NZ or perhaps follow Christian Fletcher.

I'm not sure how that furthers the topic at hand.

When you say positive do you mean neoliberal fantasy world? Where the laws of economics and mathematics are suspended?

The world is in a depression that will dwarf the 1930s version. There's little point in pretending that the neoliberal voodoo actually works anymore.

The last depression proved that it doesn't. Yet it appears to have been forgotten or history rewritten.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I think the rest of us have a doom and gloom limit.

You do know of course that credit means believing. That is what I mean about being positive. Not the neoliberal whatever you wallow in against.

Obviously we are all stupid automatons at the behest of some extra terrestrial lizard king race posing as humans but really the illuminati controlling our concepts of reality. Hey, maybe I am one trying to double bluff you with my stupidity.

You thought I was stupid to suggest that there may be some fundamentals when we have done agreeing to value shit as diamonds. I think maybe you just get off on patronising everyone because they haven't signed up to your view of reality. Because, Pal, it is still just a view, like an arsehole, that everyone has.

Last edited:

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think the rest of us have a doom and gloom limit.

You do know of course that credit means believing. That is what I mean about being positive. Not the neoliberal whatever you wallow in against.

Obviously we are all stupid automatons at the behest of some extra terrestrial lizard king race posing as humans but really the illuminati controlling our concepts of reality. Hey, maybe I am one trying to double bluff you with my stupidity.

You thought I was stupid to suggest that there may be some fundamentals when we have done agreeing to value shit as diamonds. I think maybe you just get off on patronising everyone because they haven't signed up to your view of reality. Because, Pal, it is still just a view, like an arsehole, that everyone has.

Is that really necessary? You've shown that you're very confused about the issues that you are commenting on.

So you resort to ad hominem ranting.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Within the European Union, a profound awakening of public consciousness is taking place as organizers seek to obtain one million signatures on a petition in favor of a basic income guarantee for all citizens. Under the EU constitution, this number of signatures is required for the proposal to undergo formal study and debate by the European parliament.

Swiss in Forefront With Basic Income Proposal | Global Research

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
No. You are rude and patronising. Furthermore you make incorrect sweeping comments and then instead of admitting that you were going too far, see above re surpluses being bad, you then change what you said, see the structures that create surpluses are bad. You do it time and time again and it is very irritating and not half as clever as you like to think.

You are clearly confused about the meaning of an ad hominem attack. I am not attacking you instead of addressing your argument, I am stating that your argumentative style is deceitful, rude and patronising. There is no arguing with you because you never hold to what you say for more than five minutes. You clearly have repressed anger issues with the world.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No. You are rude and patronising. Furthermore you make incorrect sweeping comments and then instead of admitting that you were going too far, see above re surpluses being bad, you then change what you said, see the structures that create surpluses are bad. You do it time and time again and it is very irritating and not half as clever as you like to think.

You are clearly confused about the meaning of an ad hominem attack. I am not attacking you instead of addressing your argument, I am stating that your argumentative style is deceitful, rude and patronising. There is no arguing with you because you never hold to what you say for more than five minutes. You clearly have repressed anger issues with the world.

Talk about projection.

You clearly have no clue whatsoever about any of these things and you're just throwing insults about to cause annoyance and/or cover up your lack of knowledge.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It means you trade real goods and resources for electronic ones and zeros in computer spreadsheets.

It isn't necessarily a good.

Hmmmm?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

Before that. Hmmm......? There you go again.

Look, I am leaving this. I don't know what you hope to gain from being a member here, but so far you have been at least 80% antagonistic in one way or another. I don't have a problem with conspiracy theories, they are a bit like myth to me in that somewhere there is some truth, but you do not wish to discuss your ideas, rather you have just put down everyone else in a patronising let alone incorrect manner.

I like many others here have far more knowledge of the world than you know and to be told that we are confused or don't know what we are talking about by someone who has not made any serious contribution to this site is frankly bad manners, and I can tell you for certain, that manners cost nothing.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Before that. Hmmm......? There you go again.

Look, I am leaving this. I don't know what you hope to gain from being a member here, but so far you have been at least 80% antagonistic in one way or another. I don't have a problem with conspiracy theories, they are a bit like myth to me in that somewhere there is some truth, but you do not wish to discuss your ideas, rather you have just put down everyone else in a patronising let alone incorrect manner.

I like many others here have far more knowledge of the world than you know and to be told that we are confused or don't know what we are talking about by someone who has not made any serious contribution to this site is frankly bad manners, and I can tell you for certain, that manners cost nothing.

Actually you have been extraordinarily rude to me. And I've tried to be factual but you've invented new meanings for words, among other things, in some vain crusade to be combative.

And I still have no idea of your point.

B_underguy1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Obviously we are all stupid automatons at the behest of some extra terrestrial lizard king race posing as humans but really the illuminati controlling our concepts of reality. .

You are clearly confused about the meaning of an ad hominem attack. .

I'm pretty sure it isn't me that's confused.

Maybe we could could get Balsary and a few of the more robust posters' opinions on this?

Last edited:

No-one had much interest in the Swiss either till they started making time pieces and accepting anonymous donations to bank accounts. Oh yeah, and Shirley Temple as Heidi :)

Last edited by a moderator:

When you are able to yodel like a Swissavite, I may reach for my purse :) Is that you third from the left? I saw your lips moving Swiss Yodelling - Unspunnen. Festival - YouTube

Previous deleted cause of rules. By the way, why do they all have their hands in their own pockets and not of those beside them? :)

Ok, yodelling...got it :)

Last edited by a moderator: