unconditional love

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
First of all, I`m in love with myself without being affected by anything. I`m in love with my gf and some other human beings too. I just fall in love with someone the moment I see him/her for no visible reason, so my love is unconditional. I guess sex with person I share such mutual feelings is best thing you can get. I`m asking myself is the need for rationalization and searching for reasons and conditions, weakness in my capability to love, wich is higher truth beyond reasons and conditions.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Truth is existentially singular, a platonic idea, it cannot be higher lower more or less real. Same as love.

Reality is a bit tougher. :wink:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

If you are cabiable of loving more than one person at a time sexually, platonically or whatever than do so as long as no one is getting hurt but it

Dont try and rationalise it..just let it be

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
HickBoy said:
Lust is irrational, and therefore unconditional.

Love is less so, but is HIGHLY conditional.

It`s the other way around really. First you fall in love with some and than you find reasons. I fell in love with my gf first and found reasons later. I admire her for everything good, beautyfull, intelligent etc. about her. Unconditional love also means that I accept her as complete being including her flaws. Your mother had loved you before you were born. U. love is normal state for every sound human being, at least in few relationships.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
Lee_M said:
MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

If you are cabiable of loving more than one person at a time sexually, platonically or whatever than do so as long as no one is getting hurt but it

Dont try and rationalise it..just let it be

Well, if I find everything I need in one person, I won`t cheat and I will be free to love other beings in all ways exept physically at the same time.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HickBoy said:

I agree. I feel that many people torture themselves by thinking love should be unconditional. So if their relationship has serious problems that can't be solved, people stay because they think they're supposed to, because their love is supposed to be unconditional. This is just one of the problems I have with marriage. It doesn't accept that love is highly conditional and conditions change.
I think a parent's love for their child can be unconditional. I don't think any other kind of love really is unconditional. It doesn't make someone shallow to fall in and then out of love with someone. It's just that people have needs and they find other people who meet those needs, but then the needs change.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
stud_hunter said:
I agree. I feel that many people torture themselves by thinking love should be unconditional. So if their relationship has serious problems that can't be solved, people stay because they think they're supposed to, because their love is supposed to be unconditional. This is just one of the problems I have with marriage. It doesn't accept that love is highly conditional and conditions change.
I think a parent's love for their child can be unconditional. I don't think any other kind of love really is unconditional. It doesn't make someone shallow to fall in and then out of love with someone. It's just that people have needs and they find other people who meet those needs, but then the needs change.

Love is by definition unconditional and larger than ego. If you have never felt love for some guy, I`m sorry for you, but I really don`t belive it`s true. Probably you were hurt and decided not to put yourself in that position again. There aren`t any danger in loving someone, moral flaws are really dangerous and they make people unhappy in the long term.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is no universal, definitive or tangible meaning of love. Love is different things to different people. I'd be more concerned with the actual feelings and emotions than the word 'love'. If you care deeply about someone and they feel the same way, that's a good thing.

I wouldn't say I love every girl I see. I want sex with most girls I see but that's very far removed from love.

I wouldn't worry about conditional vs unconditional either since I'm sure there are certain circumstances, maybe not readily imaginable, that would make you stop loving someone.

What I find strange is these teenagers, with kids, saying 'I love you [Kimiquiesha]' etc and just doing drugs and all sorts. The word has become universal and too many people use it as a tool or quick fix.

The point is...don't worry about it, enjoy whatever you're doing.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
Kotchanski said:
I agree totally. A good friend of mine had been warning me not to get too close to a family I know, saying they really aren't what they seem. I found out the reasons very recently. The father, for 15 years, abused one of the daughters. Now the mother, loved her husband unconditionally, threw out the daughter and the rest of the family lived happily ever after.

That`s not love. Love is a deep admiration for someone`s positive qualities, as I wrote before. If you are in love with someone who abuse your child, you will probably go to hell. In fact love is emanation of God and has nothing to do with situation you described.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HickBoy said:

Only in western cultre. Other cultures have far more words and phrases for love than we do, and it is because they understand its value. We have a bazillion words for penis, because we have placed a higher value on lust.

In many African cultures, for example, not only are there many words for love, but it is generally accepted that when you meet someone, you already love them. And one of those many words will fit the kind of love you have for them. It is believed that love is not unconditional, and love can be lost. However, unconditionally, love is felt for a stranger. And that love has its own word.

Here, we muddy it up with respect, which I think of as something entirely different. We have only one word for love, and don't love someone until we really know them. Unless we are children, or very special.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sexwithangel said:
Love is by definition unconditional and larger than ego. If you have never felt love for some guy, I`m sorry for you, but I really don`t belive it`s true. Probably you were hurt and decided not to put yourself in that position again. There aren`t any danger in loving someone, moral flaws are really dangerous and they make people unhappy in the long term.

I disagree strongly.
Nothing is outside the influence of ego. We aren't angels, we're flesh and blood human beings, and we have egos that are always with us. You of all people should realize this. Just yesterday you were writing that even though your gf loves you, wants to be with you, and says your cock is fine, you're still flipping out that you don't think you satisfy her sexually. Then later you revealed there are other issues underneath that. And now you want to say ego has no place in love? Come on, now.
This lofty ideal of love that is above ego, is a delusion. And I don't consider that a cynical opinion. Just the opposite. What my life experience has taught me is to enjoy love and lust in the present, and to be at peace with the fact that nothing is truly permanent.
I was married for 16 years with my high school sweetheart, who at one point I was madly in love with. Over time we fell out of love, but I wouldn't say I was hurt by him. He didn't do anything wrong, it just wasn't love anymore. People change.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sexwithangel said:
That`s not love. Love is a deep admiration for someone`s positive qualities, as I wrote before. If you are in love with someone who abuse your child, you will probably go to hell. In fact love is emanation of God and has nothing to do with situation you described.

Suddenly it all makes sense. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, allow me to take this opportunity to retire from this conversation. Happy day!

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
I missed that one somehow, SH. The original poster is so in love with God and his own ideals that he forgot God loves even child abusers.

Well, I certainly like to think you're right, Bombshell. Whether or not there is a god, I'll take love over hate any day.
The whole religion thing is kind of a hot button for me. I'll start off by saying I'm an agnostic. I was raised Catholic but I am currently nonreligious and I have no idea if there is a god. But I will say I have a hard time believing that anyone can really claim to know what god wants, who "he" loves, what "he" is, etc. How does one know? The only answer is faith, and, frankly, that is not an answer, it's a guess. And there's nothing wrong with a person guessing, if having faith makes them happy. But, having been raised Catholic and now seeing what goes on in Islam, Christinity, etc, there's no doubt in my mind that organized religion has nothing to do with god. We dress people up in funny hats, call them priests or popes or bishops, and we're supposed to believe they somehow have an idea of what god is? That's why even though I think there might be a god, I tune out whenever I hear someone make a harsh judgment of someone else and give it the veil of being the wishes of god.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
Kotchanski said:
Somehow I just knew God was playing a part in this thread.

I do not believe in God in any way shape or form, yet I truely love my husband. If your description of love was true, then this would be impossible for me.

I`m sure your love is kind and true. I could write that love is emanation of universal goodnes, beauty, intelligence, power and stuff like that. So if your love has these qualities our definitions of true love are the same, although our definition of God aren`t.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
stud_hunter said:
I disagree strongly.
Nothing is outside the influence of ego. We aren't angels, we're flesh and blood human beings, and we have egos that are always with us. You of all people should realize this. Just yesterday you were writing that even though your gf loves you, wants to be with you, and says your cock is fine, you're still flipping out that you don't think you satisfy her sexually. Then later you revealed there are other issues underneath that. And now you want to say ego has no place in love? Come on, now.
This lofty ideal of love that is above ego, is a delusion. And I don't consider that a cynical opinion. Just the opposite. What my life experience has taught me is to enjoy love and lust in the present, and to be at peace with the fact that nothing is truly permanent.
I was married for 16 years with my high school sweetheart, who at one point I was madly in love with. Over time we fell out of love, but I wouldn't say I was hurt by him. He didn't do anything wrong, it just wasn't love anymore. People change.

I have ego, of course, and I have stupid feelings that I don`t tako so seriously because they stupid. God gave me big dick, big heart, good looks, intelligence, so why should I worry about fucking ego of mine.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sexwithangel said:
I have ego, of course, and I have stupid feelings that I don`t tako so seriously because they stupid. God gave me big dick, big heart, good looks, intelligence, so why should I worry about fucking ego of mine.

Like most people, you shouldn't, and yet you do.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sexwithangel said:

By stipulating that love must be unconditional or it isn't real you are, in fact, placing a condition on love. Thus, drawing your assessment to its logical end you are in fact saying that love does not exist. What a pitiful world it would be then, if only unconditional love were true.

sexwithangel

1st Like
Media
BronxBombshell said:
I missed that one somehow, SH. The original poster is so in love with God and his own ideals that he forgot God loves even child abusers.

The thing is that child abusers don`t love goodnes, beauty etc., so they eventually get what they really want, opposite of things I mentioned.