Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So I mentioned above that I have a rather chunky foreskin and here's a picture of my dick just after I put in the first tie.

View attachment 27830701
As you can see my foreskin can go back easily enough but I have a pretty wide/thick frenulum that extends a significant way up towards the meatus. My meatus happens to sit quite high up on my glans anyway, as you can see in my validation photo. Some people have their meatus only a tiny bit further along than where my frenulum extends to.

When tugging my foreskin back, during masturbation, this has always caused my glans to get tugged along with it, something that I do not find pleasurable and if I pull hard enough it becomes uncomfortable. I suppose this, in and of itself, isn't a problem but sometimes during sex it also gets tugged on a little too much obviously hurts. Pulling the foreskin all the way back, and down along the shaft, is pleasurable, so the tight frenulum restricts me from being able to do that as much as I could otherwise do. Then there's the other thing the frenulum gets in the way of...this...

View attachment 27830791
View attachment 27830801

When someone gets their tongue under my foreskin and then swirls it around my frenulum means they can't swirl round the area of heavenly pleasure. They have to stop at the exact point where I don't want them stop the most.

I have always wanted extra freedom to pull my foreskin back further, and get my frenulum out of the way, but didn't really know how to do that until I read this thread.

Last Saturday my first tie fell off. Even though this is a minimally invasive procedure the body still needs healing time. Mine is still healing but here are two pictures showing today.

View attachment 27830861 View attachment 27830871
What I find remarkable is how the body heals after the tying. It was after seeing examples of other men doing this that inspired me to give it a go. It looks, for all intents and purposes, like you were born that way. No dangly bits of skin left and no scarring.

Now in a previous post I mentioned that there was a band of sinew, literally a ligament/tendon situation, in the centre of my frenulum. After the tie first cut through there was a crater/furrow down the middle of where the frenulum used to be. The black line in the picture above shows where this furrow was. It's almost completely healed up but you can see a remnant of this furrow down near where the frenulum now starts. The two black circles show where things used to be attached.
Looking great for first tie. ive done 5. My Fren was pronounced like yours and now its almost completely gone. You have described the problems and the benefits of removal clearly. no more painful band pulling my meatus anymore. best thing ever to get rid of the Fren dudes.

Reactions: Jagtstein

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just did my second tie. I am probably going to need three to get my desired result but figured it's better to do two small ones than one big.

Started off with 0.2mm fishing line this time as that was small enough to fit through the centre of the hypodermic needles I've got. Might swap to the 0.4mm stretchy once the hole gets bigger. Threading the fishing line through the hypodermic needle makes everything so much easier.

Things healed up enough to let me know that the area of the glans under the frenulum is really sensitive and I want to have as much of that skin exposed for manual stimulation.

Reactions: Marp1 and Jagtstein

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Following on from my success with this and a recent conversation between another member I am going to post some of our conversation here with the hopes of providing others with some useful information should they wish to attempt this themselves.

I was sent a PM by another member enquiring about the procedure and if I had any advice to give. So here goes...

The first tie you perform needs to be done as close to the meatus as is possible. You need to release the frenulum from the 'top down' as it were. First tie close to the meatus and see how much freedom that gives you. Then if you want more freedom you tie the frenulum off further down your cockhead.

I have performed and completed one tie so far. I am going through the process of my second one. The first tie took 6-7 days to complete and then needed a weeks healing time before I could perform the second one.

My healing time was complicated by the creams I was using, however, so yours might heal faster.

To keep everything sterile I was using these antimicrobial handwipes and then germaloids cream. I figured these would be fine. The handwipes were designed for sensitive skin that can't cope with alcohol gel (yay covid) and the germaloids goes on your anus skin in copious quantities. Germaloids is basically a mild anaesthetic (so mild I can't feel it doing anything) and then a substance called zinc oxide + oil. The oil helps to moisturise and the zinc oxide has mild antibacterial properties. Turns out my skin had a bad reaction to one of the two and I ended up with the top layer of skin on the inside of my foreskin peeling off, same with the skin around the frenulum area on my cockhead. Not fun! As you can see from the picture I posted in the thread that's completely healed now so hurrah.

So my first bit of advice is to make sure that any gels/creams/ointments you're going to use are cockhead safe. I only noticed something was wrong after 3 days of using them. If you want to use a cream, to provide a protective layer, vs infection, over the tied area, you can always go with petroleum jelly. This isn't antibacterial but it will stop bacteria getting into the area. Alcohol/sanitising hand gel might dry skin but once it evaporates it's gone. So when you need to sterilise anything use this. After my bad experience I'd be wary of any lingering chemicals.

To make this as easy as possible you will want to use a proper hypodermic needle with a sharp tip. Some come with a blunt tip which are obviously useless for this. You want to make sure that the diameter of the hole within the needle is bigger than the thread you are going to use for the tie. The easy way to do this is to feed the thread into the needle so that it is almost poking out the end. You then push the needle through the frenulum. With the needle through the frenulum feed the thread further through the needle so that it is sticking out the pointy end. Hold onto the line sticking out the pointy end and then remove the needle. This removes the needle leaving the line threaded through the frenulum. Simple, easy, almost bloodless and not particularly painful.

Choosing where to tie. This is particularly important. A torch/flash light is very handy for this.

First of all you want to pull your frenulum away from you cockhead. This guy has a very tight frenulum so he doesn't need to pull it with his fingers but you get the point. Use your fingers to get the skin pulled out something like this. Maybe not as tight as this as that looks painful for him, but you get the idea, just pull it away from the cock.

1.jpg

When you are pulling the skin away this is when the torch comes in handy. If you shine the torch behind the frenulum it will shine through the skin and illuminate all the blood vessels. You do not want to put the needle through a blood vessel, either go above or below it.

With the torch shining if you pull the frenulum away from the cockhead too hard you will notice that the glans/cockheadtissue gets stretched away from the glans. This causes the area I've high lighted in red, below, to go dark vs the frenulum skin on its own. This is because the glans tissue is now blocking the light. You obviously do not want to put the needle through this. If you stop pulling as hard the dark area should disappear as the glans tissue retreats back into the glans. You only want to put the needle through frenulum tissue whilst avoiding blood vessels.

3.jpg

The image below highlights where I reckon would be good places for this guy to do his first tie.

2.jpg

Needle goes through the black dot and the tie gets tied around where the yellow line is. This will release the upper part of the frenulum and free the cockhead some. You want where the needle goes through to be as close to the glans as possible without actually going through glans tissue and the tie to do the same.

My last bit of advice is to practise what you're going to do without actually doing it. Get your hands used to holding the frenulum in line with the torch so you can see everything clearly. Remember you need to be able to hold the frenulum ready with one hand. You need your other hand to operate the needle. I did this by sitting on my bed with my legs apart and leaning back against pillows. I rested the torch on my balls and used one hand to hold my cock/frenulum and the other hand the needle. If you get the angles and things wrong you'll just shine the torch straight into your eyes, which is blinding rather than helpful :p

Unless you are prone to infection I really don't think you'll need to use any cream/ointment. Just wash under the foreskin twice a day with soap/hand wash. Rinse thoroughly, let it dry with the foreskin back but not touching anything, then pull your foreskin back into place and leave it there. Remember urine is sterile so even after you pee you don't strictly need to wash it, just dry the excess urine with tissue.

If you've read the start of the forum thread you'll know that the recommendation is to use a single strand of plastic thread for the tying. Fishing line, or that stretchy thread you can use for making bracelets. Just make sure the needles you buy are wide enough through the centre for the thread you buy to pass through. Research needle gauges before you buy.

Tie as tight as you can. Practise tying the thread around something like a pen/pencil to know how much you can pull on the stretchy stuff without it breaking. You don't want it to break. Fishing line is a lot stronger but isn't stretchy so you'll need to replace the tie part way through. I replaced my stretchy ties just to make sure everything was still tight but I don't think I would have needed to. Tweezers are very useful for holding the thread when trying to replace a tie.

I hope that was helpful! Do post in the thread with how you're getting on if you choose to do this. Oh and the first time I tied I used some anaesthetic spray on my frenulum the second time I didn't use any anaesthetic. It wasn't particularly painful but I would definitely recommend numbing the area for your first tie as your hands will be shaking and stuff as your body isn't engineered to want to slice itself up, any pain just adds to the stress/anxiety of the situation. Once you've done the first one doing the second one is a lot easier.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Next part of the conversation is me adding more info.

I thought I would just add that I do not recommend fishing line or similar.

The only advantage of fishing line is you can buy it in 0.2mm widths and thus it will fit down the hole of rather narrow, high gauge, needles. The disadvantages are that it's not as comfortable. The stretchy 0.5mm stuff is quite soft and squishy in comparison to the hard fishing line. The thin hard plastic hurts more in the long run. So go with a bigger needle and the thicker stretchy stuff. It's not the cord that's doing the work that hurts it's the knot and the loose ends, these press into things and down there is sensitive!

The other advantage to the thicker stuff is it's easier to work with, tie knots in and cut/off/ undo if you want.

My second tie came off yesterday. As with the first I had to cut through the last bit with a scalpel, so be ready to do this if your tie gets close to the end and you're wondering why it's not gone all the way through, it might need a bit of help. In my case my second one would have gone all the way through with the stretchy stuff, or if I retied the 0.2mm stuff, but it was much easier just to cut it. The cut didn't even bleed or hurt the tie had done so much already.

Addition to this - I ended up buying some 19G needles. These have a hole down the centre that's just the right size for 0.4-0.5mm stretchy cord. Using this method is a lot more comfortable than using a thinner needle and 0.2mm fishing line.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They then responded with a series of pictures showing me that they had done their first tie. This was one of them.

I have already asked their permission to use their pictures for illustrative purposes.

IMG_1679.jpg

After seeing this picture I replied with this.

I wouldn't say that's too shallow at all. Remember the smaller you do the ties the faster they go through and the faster you heal. Also less is done so if you don't think you want to go any further you can stop. If you went to a doctor and they surgically removed it all...afterwards you might be like - 'well damn I wish they had only gone half as far as they did' that's the advantage to this, it might take a bit of time, but you get to choose exactly what it is you want.

My only comment would be this. Cue picture.

IMG_16792.jpg

In the black box you've got this extension of the frenulum that extends up towards the meatus. When I first saw this in your pictures, from a week ago, I thought this could complicate things. I would have thought you'd want this skin gone too.

I do not know what the vasculature and surrounding tissue is like because I've not shone a torch through your frenulum. As a result I cannot comment on the position of your first tie, but I would have wanted to potentially place it at the yellow dot. Or do a very shallow tie at the blue dot to start off.

There is absolutely no harm in where you've placed your first one, mind you, you can easily do ties further up, after this one, to remove the excess skin if you don't like it. The other option is to ignore the skin in the black box until you've finished the rest of your ties. That way you'll give the body a chance to heal and potentially absorb some of that skin.

As far as I understand using thread with many fibres, like the one you have, isn't such a good idea as it would be more prone to irritation, shedding fibres and infection. Then again if you keep it clean infection shouldn't be a problem. I would definitely invest in some 0.4-0.5mm stretchy stuff for the rest of your ties though.

I bought mine on Amazon it's often listed as bracelet or beading thread.

In terms of putting a needle through at the yellow or blue dot. Lets say you wanted to take another picture, identical to the one above, but this time you pulled on the thread, away from your penis, what would your frenulum look like? I'm trying to get an idea of what the skin in the black box is like if you stretched it out away from your dick.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Having asked for a picture of them tugging on the tie they had put in they responded with a few pictures but this one was the most useful. It's not a great picture but it gets the point across very well.

IMG_169222.jpg

I then replied with this...

Okay so looking at those images this is where I would have attempted to place the first and then second ties.

IMG_1692.jpg

The first tie needle in at black and tie along yellow. Then second one needle in at blue and then tie along yellow. You could do this is any number of ties but that's how I went about mine. Going as close to the glans as possible without actually cutting into the glans.

The first tie that you've already done might be super useful in making it a lot easier to pull the frenulum skin away from the glans.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To which they replied.

Ok.I get it now. I just ran a new tie through where you had the black mark. Totally makes more sense. Do you think i should take the original first tie our or leave it in as it will not make much sense now that the black tie is in? What do you think? BTW.... how is your third tie going?

IMG_163398.jpg

I then answered with this...

If you can take the other one out I would as there's no point in leaving it there. That second one looks like it's in a much better position. When that cuts through the skin from the frenulum will be severed right close up to the meatus.

After the tie cuts through, your frenulum will still pull on the glans but it will not pull near the tip just much lower down. Plus you'll need to pull it back more to get it to tug.

My third one is going well :)

The bigger needle and stretchy line made the procedure much easier and now it's been in a couple of days far less prone to stabs of pain.

Yeah I just looked at the picture above once again and when that black tie cuts through it's going to look really nice!

As you aren't using stretchy line be prepared to have to retie the black one in a couple of days time. And pull it really really really tight when you do.

And then...

Okay I had another look at the picture and you really do want to remove the white tie and let the hole close up. This part of your frenulum isn't going to be removed with the ties, it's just going to move further down your dick so you want it left alone.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When they next got home they replaced they removed the white tie, removed the black tie and then replaced the black one with a single core fishing line style thread. This is much more suitable than a thread made up of many individual fibres.

That ended up looking like this...

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

They are now having good progress with their first tie and cannot wait for it to complete it's job.

I felt it worth reposting that part of the conversation because tie placement is critical to getting good cosmetic results. This persons frenulum is particularly difficult to position ties on because it extended up towards the meatus as these fleshy extensions of the glans. The body is very good ad reabsorbing parts of itself that it does not need. The hope is that after his first tie any 'flappy bits' left will either go away of their own accord or they might need a small tie around them so that they fall off.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now for my update.

For my second tie I tried using 0.2mm fishing line. This isn't stretchy and would fit through the hypodermic needles that I already had.

Here's a picture of it in place.

IMG_20210115_013607.jpg

The white here is some residual bits of zinc oxide cream (without lidocaine) that I have been using on and off throughout the process. This tie did it's job and the next day was done. After a couple of days healing things looked like this...

IMG_20210119_020912.jpg
IMG_20210119_021003.jpg
IMG_20210119_021040.jpg

Now I am going through my third tie. Hopefully this one will be the last as it will completely unhook the frenulum from the glans.

Here's a picture of the third.

IMG_20210122_195229.jpg

As can be seen my progress is excellent. Due to the way I've applied the ties, keeping them very close to the glans, I've been left with no dangly bits whatsoever and a very natural look. I can't wait for the third one to be complete!

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I tore my frenulum in my mid 20s during some vigorous sex. I had to go to the Dr. He cleaned up the tear and put a stitch or 2 in it. My foreskin hangs further down than it did. My dickhead was just barely covered. There was just a little peeking out. Now I have a long overhang. Yes, the skin does strip all the way back. There are not any problems. But, I will be honest, the sex was way better before. The ridge that the foreskin made beforehand is gone. When I had it, it was a major zone of pleasure. When lips, fingers, or other things passed over that ridge, the feeling was tremendous. This ridge is gone but the feeling can be resurrected by putting the remnants of the frenulum back together even if it is just a moment. If I could get it reattached, I would. The Dr. said that it could not be. So....I deal with it.

MancmanMatt

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's interesting isn't it? Because my frenulum itself does very little in the way of pleasure. Yet for you this is completely different.

It's always possible to stick skin back together. But if what you've been left with is very friable/fragile/delicate it might not be recommended. In fact it could be difficult to do if everything is very small and you then run the risk of failing/falling to bits before it's managed to heal.

Basically what you'd need to do is scrape the surfaces that you want to stick back together until they are raw and bleeding. You'd then push the tissue surfaces together and stitch them tightly against one another. Then as they heal they'll adhere to one another. You can see where this could go wrong on an area that moves and is folded up most of the time.

Reactions: Uncutsouthernboy

gizmonkey

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've completed 5 ties now. The job is done in terms of getting rid of the annoying aspects of my fren. I had so trail left over that looked cosmetically poor so I used a plasma pen to clean things up. I think it will look great when healed up. I have completely obliterated the fren, but I want a nice smooth look there.

Attachments

gizmonkey

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Now for my update.

For my second tie I tried using 0.2mm fishing line. This isn't stretchy and would fit through the hypodermic needles that I already had.

Here's a picture of it in place.

View attachment 28614001
The white here is some residual bits of zinc oxide cream (without lidocaine) that I have been using on and off throughout the process. This tie did it's job and the next day was done. After a couple of days healing things looked like this...

View attachment 28614021 View attachment 28614041 View attachment 28614051

Now I am going through my third tie. Hopefully this one will be the last as it will completely unhook the frenulum from the glans.

Here's a picture of the third.

View attachment 28614091
As can be seen my progress is excellent. Due to the way I've applied the ties, keeping them very close to the glans, I've been left with no dangly bits whatsoever and a very natural look. I can't wait for the third one to be complete!
nice result! I've treated the fren trail with a plasma pen. lets see how it comes up...