uncut guys and physicals

dwm2001

Just Browsing
Media
Does the doctor retract your foreskin or does he just automatically do it while getting a physical?What has been your experience? Also is it anymore invasive than the hernia check?I am cut but aways wondered how a doctor deals with guys who are uncut

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I spose since I'm in UK you wanna know how he'd deal with a cut guy since most guys here are uncut. I have never had a physical but I don't think he pulls the foreskin back? Not sure...I don't think he does though. Maybe in America though, all the dodgy shit goes on over there hehe.

saturnine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Knight's right. 'Dodgy' or no, my docs have always pulled my foreskin back as part of the physical exam. Whatever works, I guess!

beercan34

Just Browsing
Media
Doctors have always retracted my foreskin as a part of every physical exam. I don't think it is anymore invasive than a hernia check.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, in my case, the doctor makes me retract it myself. I guess it's more modest than actually pulling it back.

azgreen

Just Browsing
Media
I completed foreskin restoration through stretching about six years ago and have what looks like a normal foreskin. A few years back, I had a physical with a doctor not familiar with what I had undergone. He wrote "normal uncircumcised penis" on the chart. Pretty neat. I have had doctors peel it back and others just look at it. I cannot say enough about the affirmation and sense of wholeness that comes with restoration. To have a smooth, sensitive glans with a deeper color and all the skin to roll and stretch serve to temper the indignity and injustice of circumcision itself. We were made to have and keep our foreskins.

Krueger: I'm uncut and at my last physical, my doctor didn't do anything about it. Like he could care less.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Yeah, it seems to me that lately more and more doctors are forgoing the "drop your drawers" facet of checkups. I'm a bit bothered by this, not because I want to shock and awe them with what's in my pants (just kidding ;)) but because for a guy in my demographic group (31-year-old healthy male) one of the biggest health threats is testicular cancer. I'm not terribly confident about my self-exam skills, so it would be comforting to have a doctor double-check ... however, I'd just feel a bit too weird saying, "Uh, would you please examine my testicles??"

Steve :D

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In the UK it is almost unthinkable for a doctor to examine you down below on a routine medical. In fact in the UK it is almost impossible to get a proper routine medical on the NHS, and the private alternative isn't as well developed as in America (and therefore very expensive). So most healthy guys in the UK never see a doctor.

I cannot imagine a UK doctor retracting a foreskin. Never happened to me anyway. What would he be looking for?

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Steve26@Jun 21 2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it seems to me that lately more and more doctors are forgoing the "drop your drawers" facet of checkups. I'm a bit bothered by this, not because I want to shock and awe them with what's in my pants (just kidding ;)) but because for a guy in my demographic group (31-year-old healthy male) one of the biggest health threats is testicular cancer. I'm not terribly confident about my self-exam skills, so it would be comforting to have a doctor double-check ... however, I'd just feel a bit too weird saying, "Uh, would you please examine my testicles??"

Steve :D
[post=322778]Quoted post[/post]​

Yah, that's a scary thought. I'm 21, and I'm still in the "danger zone" for testicular cancer. What makes it even more dangerous for me is that my dad had it. I check twice a week.

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
My last visit for a swim meet with the doctor for a complete physical, as I got undressed I stayed in my boxerbriefs and he proceeded with the physical and then told me to strip off my underwear and as I did..."the look said it all on his face said it all", he did retract my uncut dick and also gave me a compliment about my size and said the girls at school must like it...I think he was embarrassed and was trying to make small talk because of being shocked of my size...He really checked out under my hood and pulled it way back and asked how old I was...It was different with this doctor than with my family doctor. Jose'Latinoboy9

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Un cut here and have had many physicals. If the Doctor does not peel it back, I will offer to do so. When I get a physical I want and desire a complete check.

Just had a hernia repair and I am now in the prostrate cancer age group, so I desire a complete check up on a yearly basis. I want to live a long hand happy life so a complete check up/out is something I schedule on a yearly basis.

Been doing that for about 20 years since age 45.

Nothing to be ashamed of. A Doctor is trained to check out the human body.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Americans spend more on health care than any other country. Of course, the results rank up there with South Africa, but Americans do spend more.

HungNorwegian

Sexy Member
Media
It's the same thing here in Norway, I don't think any doctor has seen my dick since I was about 4-5 years old. Except maybe the time I had to have a checkup before I took my diverslisence. I had hernia when I was newborned, so he just checked if there was anything to worry about. But that was like he touching behind my balls and making me cough. So no physicals here unless you're sick.

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
I (uncut American adult) go to the doc for a physical anually, and he never touches my penis. He does give me a digital prostate exam (his gloved finger in my rectum and has me cough). I can see no need whatsoever for a physician to retract the foreskin of an adult male. For what would he be looking--the dreaded smegma? In a child or early adolescent, it would be good to determine that the foreskin is not too tight to be retracted. Beyond that, there's no need. In those cases of the young, I would hope that the doc would ask the boy to retract it himself, rather than the doc doing it for him.

I had only one thorough physical as an adolescent. Retraction wasn't mentioned. That was the only time I ever had a hernia check, but there was no digital prostate exam at that age.

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
Originally posted by Jason@Jun 21 2005, 03:58 PM
In the UK it is almost unthinkable for a doctor to examine you down below on a routine medical. In fact in the UK it is almost impossible to get a proper routine medical on the NHS, and the private alternative isn't as well developed as in America (and therefore very expensive). So most healthy guys in the UK never see a doctor.

I cannot imagine a UK doctor retracting a foreskin. Never happened to me anyway. What would he be looking for?
[post=322785]Quoted post[/post]​

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
Originally posted by dude77007+Jun 21 2005, 09:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dude77007 &#064; Jun 21 2005, 09:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Jason@Jun 21 2005, 03:58 PM
In the UK it is almost unthinkable for a doctor to examine you down below on a routine medical. In fact in the UK it is almost impossible to get a proper routine medical on the NHS, and the private alternative isn&#39;t as well developed as in America (and therefore very expensive). So most healthy guys in the UK never see a doctor.

[post=322785]Quoted post[/post]​
[post=322902]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

He should be looking for leisons or sores from vernerial disease

omega

Just Browsing
Media
I seem to remember the doc checking my penis at a school medical, I would have been about 9. Don&#39;t think he pulled my foreskin back. Another of the lads had to be circumcised as a result of the medical, so they must check the foreskin.
In my adult years I have only had the usual hearnia checks. The doc will usually hold my penis in one hand & check for hearnia as well as checking my testicles.

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I get a physical once a year. In the military I was asked to retract my own foreskin. My last 3 physicals the doctor has retracted for me. I didn&#39;t think anything of it. He&#39;s a doctor and I&#39;m there to get a physical. If there&#39;s something wrong with me I want to know. Last year he showed me how to give myself a tescular exam. As he showed me I got erect. I apologized and he said it was a normal response. He did examine my foreskin and the head closely. He said I showed signs of a possible yeast infection ??? He did retract my foreskin a few times. I got checked for diabetis and given a cream for my head. Cleared up in a few days.