uncut guys and physicals

D_Harold_Hopnoodle

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Jun 21 2005, 05:34 PM
Yah, that's a scary thought. I'm 21, and I'm still in the "danger zone" for testicular cancer. What makes it even more dangerous for me is that my dad had it. I check twice a week.
[post=322796]Quoted post[/post]​

Good on ya for checking, surferboy. I'm in the same boat... my dad lost one of his to testicular cancer when he was younger than I am now. And to top it all off, underwent cobalt radiation treatment (woo hoo... nasty medicine of the '60s). And as luck would have it, his remaining one was undamaged enough to beget me.

The good thing is that of all the types of cancer with familial predisposition, testicular cancer is way down at the bottom of the list. There's very little evidence of a genetic component to it. Makes me feel better.

But I'm like you. I check, oh, at least twice a week. ;)

Oscar The Grouch

Just Browsing
Media
Well I really dont know about other parts of the world but at least in my country and throughout Latinamerica guys without circumsicion are the majority. Therefore, in all physical exams I have had the doctor has checked down there and retracted my foreskin. What I do have noticed is that doctors in general medicine have lets say a "limited" knowledge regarding normal variations in a penis. So I think that you should be regularly checked by an urologist additionaly to a routine physical exam ;) Usually over here a visit to an urologist is not more expensive than a physical exam.

dijstra1975

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Jason@Jun 21 2005, 09:58 PM
In the UK it is almost unthinkable for a doctor to examine you down below on a routine medical.

I'm in the UK and in the past five years I've had a medical check-up; every time the doc (2 males, 1 female) has done a testicular and rectal (prostate) exam.

I asked some of my mates about this in the pub last night, 40% did get check-ups and at always included de-bagging, 60% never had medical. Perhaps you need to change your doc!

Dij

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First, you should keep in mind the difference between "routine" physical exam and "complete" physical exam. The routine exam is more cursory, and may not involve removal of any clothing, mostly checking blood pressure & pulse, listening to your lungs, looking into your eyes and ears, and asking you lots of questions.

The complete physical should involve the doctor checking you over, VERY thoroughly, and should include all of the above, plus a digital rectal & prostate exam (usually he does not ask you to cough during that one) and examination of the testicles (that's the part where he checks your balls for lumps, and probably will do the hernia test at the same time - keeping a couple of fingers on the cords, while you turn your head and cough, to see if the muscles are pulling on tissues they should not), examining the head of the penis - whether cut or uncut, and a blood panel. When I have been examined by private physicians, they always retract it. You should learn not to be embarrassed when talking to your physician, and ALWAYS be honest with him.

If you use the medical terminology of "invasive", that means putting something inside the body or opening an incision with a scalpel. So the rectal/prostate exam and blood panel are invasive, but the penis/foreskin and hernia exams are not invasive.

Hope this helps. Don't be afraid of your doctor, his job is to keep you healthy, not to judge your penis size or your foreskin or lack of one. He has been trained. Yours are not the first balls and butt-pucker he has seen, nor the first erection in the exam room. I bet family practice physicians see at least one unintended erection every day, if not many more.

D

deleted3272

I am uncut and have had a doctor pull back my foreskin but it was a female doctor ald she was attractive so I diden't mind.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had to drop my pants for my new GP last week. Thankfully there were no awkward moments or comments about either my size or my foreskin. But then these guys have seen it all.

I was having some pain that seemed to be coming from the left testicle, I was afraid I might have a rupture or a torsion or something. So I had to stand there and let him examine my testes.

Turns out it's a muscle strain in my groin, but it's doing a good job of masqerading as testicle pain. It still feels like getting kicked in the nuts, until I hold my balls and can tell that the pain is not coming from them. As soon as I let go, though, my brain starts telling me "ow, kicked in the nuts" again. Stupid brain, it'll fool ya' every time.

bzyrch: I don't know about physicals but I went to a urologist once and he handled my junk like a chef preparing pizza dough. Retracting, stretching, twisting. All with a cold, gentle hand, of course. I kinda wonder what goes into these guys' decisions when they choose their specializations.

hushpuppy

Experimental Member
Media
Azgreen: what method of restorataion did you use? I have tried a variety of methods over the last 5 years and never got more than about 70% coverage when soft. Erect, it looks like any other cut dick :(

robertomuro

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by hushpuppy@Jul 18 2005, 06:39 AM
Azgreen: what method of restorataion did you use? I have tried a variety of methods over the last 5 years and never got more than about 70% coverage when soft. Erect, it looks like any other cut dick :(
[post=329908]Quoted post[/post]​

The CAT II RO has been highly recommended from many people I've spoken to/heard from on the subject. I am sure google will provide some information on it.

hushpuppy

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by robertomuro+Jul 18 2005, 08:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertomuro &#064; Jul 18 2005, 08:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hushpuppy@Jul 18 2005, 06:39 AM
Azgreen: what method of restorataion did you use? I have tried a variety of methods over the last 5 years and never got more than about 70% coverage when soft. Erect, it looks like any other cut dick  :(

The CAT II RO has been highly recommended from many people I&#39;ve spoken to/heard from on the subject. I am sure google will provide some information on it.
[post=329975]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Roberto&#33; Looks great. I hate messing with the tape so this looks like a terrific alternative.

azgreen

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by robertomuro+Jul 18 2005, 06:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robertomuro &#064; Jul 18 2005, 06:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hushpuppy@Jul 18 2005, 06:39 AM
Azgreen: what method of restorataion did you use? I have tried a variety of methods over the last 5 years and never got more than about 70% coverage when soft. Erect, it looks like any other cut dick  :(

The CAT II RO has been highly recommended from many people I&#39;ve spoken to/heard from on the subject. I am sure google will provide some information on it.
[post=329975]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

azgreen

Just Browsing
Media
hushpuppy, you asked what stretching method I used. I started in September 1995 and largely had full coverage by 1999. I used T-tape, according to the standard procedure taught on a number of websites. I used an elastic band hooked by a safety pin to the end of the tape that forms an upside down Y as it goes down the front and back of my leg, wrapping around it once. Each end has a safety pin that I hook to the sock. I kept a strong steady tug on it, slept with it at night and usually had each T-tape last a day or more before it tore or unpeeled. The magic is to not pull too hard and get skin tears, but not to be too gentle and get little to no progress. I also swabbed the shaft with Tincture of Benzoin, gotten from the drugstore, to increase the adhesion. -Azgreen

hushpuppy

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by azgreen@Jul 19 2005, 12:26 AM
hushpuppy, you asked what stretching method I used. I started in September 1995 and largely had full coverage by 1999. I used T-tape, according to the standard procedure taught on a number of websites. I used an elastic band hooked by a safety pin to the end of the tape that forms an upside down Y as it goes down the front and back of my leg, wrapping around it once. Each end has a safety pin that I hook to the sock. I kept a strong steady tug on it, slept with it at night and usually had each T-tape last a day or more before it tore or unpeeled. The magic is to not pull too hard and get skin tears, but not to be too gentle and get little to no progress. I also swabbed the shaft with Tincture of Benzoin, gotten from the drugstore, to increase the adhesion. -Azgreen
[post=330205]Quoted post[/post]​
Thanks az. I had success with the t-tapes too but it was too much of a hassle after a couple of years. I am going to give the cat II a try as it looks much easier to deal with. I appreciate all the feedback. BTW, congrats on your &#39;fooling&#39; the doctor at your physical. I&#39;m impressed

actorboy99

Sexy Member
Media
Pennsylvania, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At the last physical that that I had, I was seeing a new doctor for some discolored spots that I have on my penis (turns out it&#39;s just lack of pigment.) He had me drop trou and lie down while he was getting ready. He turned around and got this shocked look on his face.:eek: I&#39;m not sure if it was because of my size (not huge but still big), my foreskin, or the light spot. He started examining it and started to pull the skin back, but he seemed really hesitant, so I asked him if he wanted me to do it. With an audible sigh of relief he said "Yes." I pulled back the skin for him and he resumed the exam.

rogue_mj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Originally posted by Jason@Jun 21 2005, 01:58 PM
In the UK it is almost unthinkable for a doctor to examine you down below on a routine medical. In fact in the UK it is almost impossible to get a proper routine medical on the NHS, and the private alternative isn&#39;t as well developed as in America (and therefore very expensive). So most healthy guys in the UK never see a doctor.

I cannot imagine a UK doctor retracting a foreskin. Never happened to me anyway. What would he be looking for?
[post=322785]Quoted post[/post]​

As a doc who worked in the NHS we used to retract foreskins with a routine physical... you obviously just havent been to the right doc or you havent had a full physical. It is important to check for wart diseases, tumors etc. and have the testicles palpated for testicular cancer.

jeffs

Sexy Member
Media
If my doctor reached over and did anything involving my junk without asking I would get a different doctor. :eyes:

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
Had a physical today for a checkup on things and the doctor was really kewl, he could not believe my size and asked if I was sexually active and I said yes and he did all the routine things and then he pulled back my skin and checked under my hood and said everything looks really clean and good and he was holding it so nice and easy he then asked if I had ever measured it and I replyed "yes many times" I said its 7 1/2" to 8" soft and it gets to 9 1/2" hard... I then said do you think it will grow anymore? He replied yes its possible seeing as you are only 21 he told me some men don't stop till they are 24-25 it all depends on you body type he said...man I was blown away that we were talking about this, he gave me a A+ on my exam and said see you next time and good luck with swimming and school...Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

Experimental Member
Media
For all of my physicals, I have had to strip down to my boxers and then when it came to that part in the examination, I would have to take them off. He would do a hernia check and then retract the foreskin, making sure it was not too tight, checked out hygiene issues, etc.

UncutDiggler

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had a physical in September for football. Female doctor, luckily I stayed soft the whole time. Changed into the apron and layed down on the examining table. While she was checking for hernia, and feeling my balls for cancer (luckily no prostate test) she just asked if I had any problems with my foreskin. I said no. That was it, no skinning it back or nothing. But she was looking for things that could be aggravated by sports, so maybe other physicals would be more thorough.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
dwm2001 said:
Does the doctor retract your foreskin or does he just automatically do it while getting a physical?... Also is it anymore invasive than the hernia check?

My doctor always retracts my foreskin when he does a physical...but he always "warns" me. He's a big talker, always narrating. "Now please lower your shorts...now I'm going to retrack your foreskin and examine your penis and testicles..." I don't think it's any more invasive than a hernia check.

His prostate exams are well-done, too. Thorough, but not painful or even uncomfortable at all.

I think I've got him pretty well-trained.