Uncut Problem

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
Ok, heres the deal:

It hurts if I pull my foreskin back too far. Actually the embarassing truth is that Ive had some occaisional problems from masturbating because of it. The skin can be so tight that if I really go a long time, or multiple times, there has been bruising around the 'edge' of the head. Its as painful as it sounds.
Plus, its not unusual to hurt during penetration, or even just getting a HJ.

These things dont happen all the time, but Im wondering if its worth getting circumcised (im 24). Does anyone else have this problem?

Oh and my really embarassing secret is that the tip of my urethra has a sort of bump that can make it hard to 'direct' the urine. Ive only told one person in my whole life about the bump thing, since I feel like a freak for it.

Part of the reason Im reluctant to get circumcised is because if it natures call is 'urgent,' I can use the foreskin to direct the flow. This sounds fucked even as I write it. :unsure:
Do other guys do this? When you have to piss, is the 'stream' always easy to control on its own?

Feel free to address any or all of these issues. Im just gonna run and hide for a while :blush:

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Okay well sounds like you have a tight foreskin for starters. It's a common thing and can be sorted usually with just some stretching often. Everytime you maturbate (or at least once a day) move the foreskin backwards and forwards as far as you can up and down the head (when erect). Do this for at least 10-15 mins or ideally longer, as long as you can. In a few months youll see improvement and will most likely go all the way over the head with ease.

Looking at mine, I see that one side of the frenulum (right side) has broken off and healed into the back of the head (fused even). The left side there is still a small thread of skin connecting the foreskin to the back of my glans. When that breaks off I'll have full mobility. Sounds like maybe yours is still connected on both sides. It's supposed to break off without you noticing when you're a kid or teenager but doesnt sometimes for a few reasons. See a urologist to check out your options.

He (or she?) might recommend stretching, OR there is a small surgery you can do where you cut the two connecting threads of skin to release the foreskin. It's not a DIY job but is simple and relatively painless. Definitely less painful than getting circumcised and you still have your foreskin that way.

The bump might just be a scrach or bump from having a tight foreskin, rubbing against it etc. I dont think its an infection or STD because its only one bump, usually thered be more than one. You should see a urologist about that too. But definitely stretch if anything, then you can pull the foreskin back without pain.

Also be careful when having sex (at least unprotected) because the frenulum has been ripped off before in other guys with tight foreskins, it bleeds a lot and hurts too. If you've been wearing a condom every time you have sex that would be why it hasnt happened yet, a condom is slightly looser and gives protection against the tightness.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah steroid creams are supposed to help too :) I just dont like buying anything lol I forgot about that one, dunno how much it costs but I think thats a good method.

Pappy

Media
Circumcison would solve the tight foreskin problem for sure, but is that what YOU want to do?? This probably sound odd coming from someone that was cut at birth and had both his sons cut, BUT at your age it's ultimately your decision. If it were me, and I wasn't already cut, and it caused me pain then I would check with a Urologist and then try to make an informed decision. Personally I think you would enjoy not having a foreskin to cause problems in the future.

As for the "bump", I would also see a Urologist about that too. Could be something that he could take care of in his office. If it's large enough to deflect the flow of urine then you really need to get it checked out.

ErnieB

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Could that 'bump' be your meatal lips? They're normal. In some guys they're just more prominent than others.

For the 'bruising'... if you masturbate with the skin pulled below (towards the body) the corona, there may be too much hand/corona friction. Add lubrication.

If your problem is phimosis, that can be managed (as already mentioned by others) by applying cream(s) or oils, and by GENTLE stretching over a period of weeks. That skin is malleable and expandable. You can correct most of this 'problem' by yourself. Cocoa butter or Jojoba oil might help.

Consult a qualified Urologist if you wish, but don't let him circumcise! Your foreskin is worth second opinions, third opinions. Protect it! Keep asking questions and go searching on the Internet to better inform yourself about penile anatomy and normal functioning.

Please get over being embarrassed about asking questions on this subject. It's VERY important. It would be a tragedy for you to remain silent and to 'throw away' a vital part of your anatomy... your natural foreskin. Many of us didn't have a choice in the matter. You do.

EB

peter2004

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to be tight but gentle stretching everyday made it loose and okay but you say its alright during a hj and other stuff, seems kinda wierd.

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for the replies, guys. This was a hard topic for me to bring up, and thanks ErnieB, and I know youre right about getting over the embarrassment. Im only just starting to get comfortable with myself in general, so for me its progress just to mention this. :)

As for the 'bump' thing, I guess I should have been more clear. Im sure its not an infection, since Ive had it for as long as i can remember, anyway at least since before I had sex. I have a felling a minor surgical option is might be the only way,

And Pappy, you make a good point about the circumcision. All things being equal, I think its a good idea. I mean, you sometimes hear these random horror stories about 'mistakes' during such a proceedure, and that does make me cringe. But at the same time, I think being cut would not only solve a couple of problems, but it would feel more esthetic, if that makes sense. As for speaking to a doc, I like to borrow ronald regan's expression: "trust, but verify." ;)

But what about you 'normal' uncut guys? Am I correct in assuming that you can full back the skin when you have to piss, and there is never a problem with 'direction'? Or do a lot of people get that once in a while?

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I can pull it back when I have a piss yeah...you should be able to do that, if you cant just try stretching gently when its soft. First time I pulled mine back soft I was in the hallway and it got stuck behind the head. I was shittin it cos anyone could have walked in lol. But it went back. Also if it gets stuck when you're hard just squeeze the head with your thumb and finger. Since the penis is like a sponge, that drains it so the head will shrink enough for you to get the skin back over.

Also I you lose sensetivity when you get circumcised since the foreskin has lots of nerves in, which will also lead to a lot of pain afterwards. Anyway I think I nice in depth discussion with a doc would be best.

Hal8053:
>Okay well sounds like you have a tight foreskin for starters. It's a common thing and can be sorted usually with just some stretching often. Everytime you maturbate (or at least once a day) move the foreskin backwards and forwards as far as you can up and down the head (when erect). Do this for at least 10-15 mins or ideally longer, as long as you can. In a few months youll see improvement and will most likely go all the way over the head with ease.

>Looking at mine, I see that one side of the frenulum (right side) has broken off and healed into the back of the head (fused even). The left side there is still a small thread of skin connecting the foreskin to the back of my glans. When that breaks off I'll have full mobility. Sounds like maybe yours is still connected on both sides. It's supposed to break off without you noticing when you're a kid or teenager but doesnt sometimes for a few reasons.

I never heard of the idea that "it is supposed to break off". I wouldn't really expect this to be true for the majority, but rather for the minority of cases.

But I could be wrong.

I am aware that some uncircumcised guys will have it broken or cut loose. Cutting is supposedly popular in some S. American areas especially as an aid to wearing the foreskin fully retracted. This option (permanent retraction) combines some of the benefits of circumcision with the supposed benefits of retaining the foreskin.

I was not circumcised until age 42, but at puberty I did train the foreskin to remain behind the glans by returning it to that position any time it rolled back over. I was able to wear it in either position.

The usual thinking would be that those that are circumcised or skinned back would have better control of the direction of the stream when peeing.

My personal experience does not suggest that the ability to have plenty of sexual pleasure (sensitivity) has diminished due to the removal of the foreskin covering.

If the foreskin creates problems for you you might be better off without it.

With the trim, there is more direct contact to the coronal and sulcus areas with any knd of sex.

There are some that confuse the normal moderating of the hypersensitivity that can exist at first exposures of the glans with the threat of continuous losing of sensativity. Actually the sensors that produce orgasm are not on the surface anyhow.

My circ was over 35 years ago, and that was preceded by 30 years "skinned back" and I am still experiencing veerrry fine sensations when I have sex.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hal 8053 can certainly be taken as a resource that knows of what he speaks. He has experienced both sides of the great foreskine/cut debate. These are the people who know both sides of the issue. For myself, I suspect I am jaded with my own personal experience of never having been cut. For those cut at birth, they, like me know of no other way.

Hal 8053, I thank you for your post. It certainly contains a lot of creditability.

That is what makes LPSG such a respected source of information.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, Hal8053, you shouldn't even say "some S. American countries" unless you can name which ones. In fact, in parts of the Amazon, now that I think about it, adhesions between the foreskin and glans are used as a sort of male virginity test; in other parts, they actually tie up the foreskin and tie the string around the waist. That's all I know about South American foreskins.

As for Hal8053 knowing both sides, there's a slight problem with that: No two circumcisions are alike. It can go just fine, or the penis can be ablated.

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 18 2005, 12:58 PM
No two circumcisions are alike. It can go just fine, or the penis can be ablated.
[post=291943]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats just what terrifies me. I dont know if its worth the risks unless it becomes truly necessary, which is pretty rare, I think.

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had 3 friends get it done as adults ( not all 3 of them at the same time ), and all 3 of them HATE it, they complain of the lack of sensations, drying, and rubbing......not to mention the stiches left scars on top of the scar from the foreskin being removed. They all 3 have major issues each, one was cut to tight, one was cut and they took the frenlum, and my best friend had major infections and scaring (can you say frankenpenis)......

dude try the stretching excerises first, and really really weight the after effects.

prep

blackwood

1st Like
Media
prepky....

Simply see a cock doc.....DON't Circumsize your buddy though. You may need, (as previously stated by the guys here), streatching exercises and it sounds like your frenulum (check out http//www.foreskin.org/frenulum.htm) may be part-of-the-problem.

Take care.....

blackwood

lellelind

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It is not phimosis, it's just that the foreskin is a little tight and/or that the frenum is a little too short. That can easily be taken care of by a urologist. Circumcison is not needed at all.
The frenum can be cut off partly or totally. That's no big deal. Many guys snaps the frenum at intercourse. That happen to myself a long time ago.
If the foreskin is tight a small incission can be made in the foreskin so that the foreskin will be wider. No big deal at all.

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I ripped off my fraenulum at the age of 12 or 13. I was jerking too hard. I never saw a doctor or spoke about it with anyone. Now I know my foreskin is quite short and my fraenulum too tight. At that age is was quite an experience, but later I had never problems with it. Now I think it is double. I have the advantage of still having a foreskin and also when my penis is fully erect it looks like a cut one.

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by prepky@Mar 21 2005, 08:46 AM
dude try the stretching excerises first, and really really weight the after effects.
prep
[post=292576]Quoted post[/post]​

I think I will do just that. I was leaning more towards circumcision at first, but after seeing photos and diagrams of the proceedure, i think I'll try the alternatives first.
And even if I have to get cut for some reason i cant imagine, I will be damn sure to get a lot of refrences for a good doc.