UNDERAGE GUYS ARE ALL OVER THIS SITE

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by hungthick, Sep 2, 2004.

1. hungthick

hungthick New Member

is it just me that is finding underage guys on this site?

in the last 3 days i have had guys message me in LIVE CHAT and told me they were 17, 14, and 15.

i quickly stopped talking to them. I havent reported anyone but i am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this because i dont like it.

2. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Mark has relaxed the 18 and older only rule here at LPSG. When I was a moderator here, it was my duty to observe that rule and report infractions, but I've always felt deep down that teens should have access to this site because they are among those most affected by a size that is perceived as 'different'. Body image has a profound effect on those on the brink of an adult social life, and talking about such things and how to deal with them can only improve their situation. Mark no longer enforces the former age rule, and that's perfectly fine with me. It's his site; he can set his own rules. If you're uncomfortable about chatting with those under 18, that's understandable. You are, of course, under no obligation to acknowledge messages from them.

3. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Well, thick, this topic was subject to heated debate quite a few times over the year. Some members didn't feel comfortable with exposing underage members to adult content -- though honestly, we are talking about dicks, right? Other members didn't feel depriving the younger people of valuable information since, well, it's hard for teens to bring this stuff up to people they trust.

Underage members are permitted to join and read through the forums and to post. (It's not above someone to lie about their age anyway. I've run into that.) They are prohibited, I'm sure, from posting photos of their bodies, dicks, etc.; G-rated pictures are acceptable, I guess. And if you don't feel comfortable chatting with a 14-year-old, a 15-year-old, and so forth, that's perfectly fine. If it makes you feel any better, unless a chatter can buy the cigarettes after sex or vote in an upcoming election, I don't feel comfortable either.

"Reporting" really won't get you anywhere on this issue unless Mark takes explicit measures to block underage membership again. If an underage member, or any member for that matter, contributes to harrassment or bothersome treatment of another member, do report that. (Just cut and paste that section of bothersome chat and zip it in a private message to me, Mindseye, or Mark.) And if underage members have a problem with your discomfort, mine, or anyone else's for their presence here, well, you're going to have to understand it and move on.

4. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, it's hard to do the net.cop thing just because they're underage. Instead we now net.cop the child molesters. Make sense?

5. Imported

Gold Member

milt: well im 16 and the main reason i came here is basically because i really cant talk to my parents. Its like as long as I do homework, iron my clothes, and do chores we wont even speak.

6. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

That blows, man. I know it's probably hard for an adolescent child to relate to his parents. After all, why would we want to? God, parents are such DORKS sometimes. But is it simply a matter of not having a lot of common ground/interest a.k.a. typical adolescent stuff, or do they really not give half a damn about you and they won't talk to you unless absolutely necessary?

You see what I mean?

7. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    Had also some young ones at the chatroom. If it's a chat about "normal" things I see no harm. Difficult to quit a chat when a boy really wants to share a problem. Some are younger than my son! I won't talk with them about things I would be ashamed of if my son would've asked me.

8. Imported

Gold Member

blackpower:
    Dee, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I believe that as a teenager we make it more difficult to talk about things with our parents, be it sex, drugs, our growing bodies, problems of the world or what have you. As toddlers up to pre-teens we could talk and ask our parents about anything. And yes some parents will steer away from specific topics if they feel that your not ready for it or they're just not ready to deal with you asking those questions. Maybe they see their child is growing up to quickly. Societal conditioning.

Now, back to the issue of the youngsters IM'ing and adult. I as an adult will stop and desist all contact with anyone that gives me the under 18 ID. One, is because I don't feel that it's right and second is because all youngsters are curious about sex and that can cause problems. Now don't get me wrong with what I'm saying. I think that our future men of tomorrow needs the proper guidance and understanding about being hung and growing up with the stares and taunts, nick names and all that follows.

But, I still believe that it's the responsibility of the parent to help develop the child to be proud men. Proud of their bodies and proud of who they are.

-Black

9. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, well, the ones curious about sex will pretend to be 18.

10. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I am uncomfortable chatting with underage guys as well. It's not just that it's potentially illegal and could get me into trouble. It is also that it's not my thing. I am into mature people at all levels men or women. I am 35 and just am not interested in talking cock or sex or any of these issues with a 14 year old.

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I understand what you're saying, but keep this in mind: age = maturity is a myth. Being an adult does not ensure a level of maturity; remember snackdud? In my case, I am a high school teacher. It is imperative that I be able to communicate with students in their teen years, and it is during those years when questions concerning sex and sexuality are foremost in their minds. They have not reached maturity yet, true; but it is my job as a teacher to make that transition to maturity as least painful as possible. I will not discuss sexual issues with students at school under any circumstances; that is the guidance counselors' job, not mine, and I won't intrude on their turf. However, when a teen comes onto this site with questions about what he's packing and it's pretty apparent that he can't talk to his parents, guidance counselor, or priest/minister/rabbi/imam, I have no problem posting replies to him in non-provocative terms. I'm not going to reply to a teen's post in graphic sexual verbiage, but I have no qualms about answering serious questions from concerned teens. Okay, Pete was a different case because I see him face-to-face every day; to him I'm not just a name on the internet. Talking with young dudes in Live Chat is a different matter; that is a social rather than educational setting. I'm not very comfortable with that.

12. Imported

Gold Member

kenny: well good work putting this in the discrimination forum anyway.

age discrimination is pretty sad, i guess having dodgy cyber with 14 year olds is what you get for whoring yourself on a chat room.

13. hungthick

hungthick New Member

you know, i don't even understand this statement...does anyone else?

14. woskxn

woskxn New Member

Albums:
    I guess he's trying to say that if you are chatting over the net, you take the risk of talking to people that are underaged. Since, how would you know anyways, many people lie about their age. Who knows, maybe money of the people you have talked to over your life, that you thought were adults were actually young kids, or were totally not who they said they were.

I think its absolutley fine, and we should help younger kids that have questions and dont know how to handle certain things when it comes to their penis or sex in general. (this is a support forum) Obviously though, you have to have guidelines.

I would never do more than offer advice and chat with a person underrage..and if they started to hint at anything more, I would tell them politley that we could not longer talk.

15. Imported

Gold Member

kenny:
    he got it.

16. Imported

Gold Member

pdrprst: I know a lot of folks here may not think about it, but there is a good statistical chance that underage guys who belong on LPSG can't get good advice from their teacher, coach, rabbi, etc. Isn't that why this place is here?

17. ace420

ace420 New Member

AS a 40+ year old, I do not need as much advice as when I was in my teens about my large penis. But, I also understand not wanting to converse with a young man on line.

18. Imported

Gold Member

agilley007: I didn't see anything about having to be 18 I am 15 and I could sign up I am sorry if I sould not be here.

19. kurios

kurios Member

you should be here if you want to be and are here for the right reasons. It is a support group

20. Imported

Gold Member

agilley007: If yall are gonna make a big deal out of it I will leave but yall this group is the best I have found fo my given gift.

Draft saved Draft deleted