Understanding Open Relationships

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I searched for a thread specifically about this but could not find one, just comments in various threads touching on the subject

I am trying to understand the different perspectives of open relationships. Regardless of sexual preference, how comfortable people honestly are and how they deal with issues if they happen. Also, how honest people are about their situation

I have been in different roles of an open relationship- as the partner seeking sex outside, as the partner bringing a third for sex, and as the other woman. Right now I am single and dating but I have a play partner that claims to be in an open relationship. We usually did not have much conversation except for a few minutes between play and we did not ever interact socially without sex until recently. The problem is, I enjoyed spending time with him without sex. We would msg each other with things like I miss fucking you, now I get messages saying I miss you and I reply saying the same because I do. I have no expectations from him and I do not ever think this guy would leave his live in situation. It just hurts that there is someone I have amazing sex with and like as a person, it hurts that I think I have feelings for him

When he would bring up some topics about different things, I would change it and try to keep conversation light, just about the sex. I know he cares about me, he has helped me through a few things. It is just a hard thing to figure out, is it better to leave the situation quietly or tell him how I feel? I knew getting into this that it would not ever be more than sex. The issue- after eight months of the best orgasms I ever had, with someone so nice, it is hard not to develop feelings. PS his cock is perfect too :frown1:

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
{{sizequeenNY}} There is a third option. My advice is to keep fucking him and don't tell him how you feel.

Yeah that is not an option. I felt bad the last time I saw him, I go home alone and he sleeps with his partner. It would not be healthy to just continue, that much I do know

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah that is not an option. I felt bad the last time I saw him, I go home alone and he sleeps with his partner. It would not be healthy to just continue, that much I do know

If you start having feelings for your FWB then you should stop seeing him for that reason. But I think you should be honest with him and let him know that you have developed feelings for him because he will always wonder why you cut him out for no reason.

As far open relationships: I have been with my partner for 19 yrs and we really truly love each other. We started having 3 ways about 7 yrs into our relationship and really enjoy them and continue to have them to this day. More recently we have opened up a bit more by playing with others without the other present and this has happened twice for me but none for him. However, it's not something that I actively look for and I still will ask him if he is ok with it. The same would go for him.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you start having feelings for your FWB then you should stop seeing him for that reason. But I think you should be honest with him and let him know that you have developed feelings for him because he will always wonder why you cut him out for no reason.

As far open relationships: I have been with my partner for 19 yrs and we really truly love each other. We started having 3 ways about 7 yrs into our relationship and really enjoy them and continue to have them to this day. More recently we have opened up a bit more by playing with others without the other present and this has happened twice for me but none for him. However, it's not something that I actively look for and I still will ask him if he is ok with it. The same would go for him.

Thanks, this has not happened before. I do not mix sex and emotions. This is not the first play partner I had but it is the first that I ended up having some sort of feeling for so I want to get away from it before getting hurt and at the same time I do not want to make him feel bad because he is a good guy

closetfreak

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're getting out of open relationship territory. If you want to be in a relationship with him, tell him. All you're doing is hurting yourself by withholding the truth. Its always worse to peel a band-aid off slowly than to just yank it.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You're getting out of open relationship territory. If you want to be in a relationship with him, tell him. All you're doing is hurting yourself by withholding the truth. Its always worse to peel a band-aid off slowly than to just yank it.

I am not in a relationship with him he is in a relationship with someone else

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I searched for a thread specifically about this but could not find one, just comments in various threads touching on the subject

I am trying to understand the different perspectives of open relationships. Regardless of sexual preference, how comfortable people honestly are and how they deal with issues if they happen. Also, how honest people are about their situation

I have been in different roles of an open relationship- as the partner seeking sex outside, as the partner bringing a third for sex, and as the other woman. Right now I am single and dating but I have a play partner that claims to be in an open relationship. We usually did not have much conversation except for a few minutes between play and we did not ever interact socially without sex until recently. The problem is, I enjoyed spending time with him without sex. We would msg each other with things like I miss fucking you, now I get messages saying I miss you and I reply saying the same because I do. I have no expectations from him and I do not ever think this guy would leave his live in situation. It just hurts that there is someone I have amazing sex with and like as a person, it hurts that I think I have feelings for him

When he would bring up some topics about different things, I would change it and try to keep conversation light, just about the sex. I know he cares about me, he has helped me through a few things. It is just a hard thing to figure out, is it better to leave the situation quietly or tell him how I feel? I knew getting into this that it would not ever be more than sex. The issue- after eight months of the best orgasms I ever had, with someone so nice, it is hard not to develop feelings. PS his cock is perfect too :frown1:

You say he's supposedly in an open relationship but haven't defined what that is for him. Open as in they may consider a triad? Open as in he can play outside the relationship with her permission? Open as in "do what you want just don't tell me about it"? Would you want to be in a triad with them or do you want to be in a mono relationship with him? I think these are questions you need to ask yourself and your answers may determine your limitations.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You say he's supposedly in an open relationship but haven't defined what that is for him. Open as in they may consider a triad? Open as in he can play outside the relationship with her permission? Open as in "do what you want just don't tell me about it"? Would you want to be in a triad with them or do you want to be in a mono relationship with him? I think these are questions you need to ask yourself and your answers may determine your limitations.

Open as in he can play outside of the relationship, she knows what he is doing but she does not want to know details. I am pansexual and open to poly situations but I don't think she would want that. I would not try to get between them and I knew from the beginning that our situation is just sexual. I just feel kind of stupid for ending up with feelings. I know my only option is to end it so I do not hurt myself. It is just not like me to end up wanting more from a play partner. I feel like if I bother telling him there is a part of me that wants him to feel the same way and the logical side of me knows that is not going to happen

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
@sizequeenNY

Did you ever meet his girl, does she know who you are, did she tell you herself she doesn't mind her man play outside their relationship, how did you know she wouldn't want a poly relationship, did you ask her, or are you going by what he is telling you.

One advise.... Keep your brain and your clit seperate.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is ok never mind, I feel stupid for writing this. I msged him that I do not want to have sex with him again. It took a while to realize, sex with someone attached leaves me feeling empty. I make it a point to not play with someone going behind their partners back too. It seems like every guy I meet this year is attached, like I have a magnet to them. It just makes me so sad because I just want someone to want just me. Days like this, I feel like dying my hair brown and dressing like an old lady so guys won't look at me :(

Chaotica

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
:hug: I'm sorry, darling.
Sometimes sex with someone unattached can feel just as empty. What matters is how full or empty you feel inside, about yourself.

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
:hug: I'm sorry, darling.
Sometimes sex with someone unattached can feel just as empty. What matters is how full or empty you feel inside, about yourself.

Thank you it took me long enough to realize this. Now I just need to stick with knowing it. I wasted time on something that could have been better spent

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It took a while to realize, sex with someone attached leaves me feeling empty.

Obviously it doesn't leave you feeling empty, it didn't in this case at least.

Thank you it took me long enough to realize this. Now I just need to stick with knowing it. I wasted time on something that could have been better spent

Why does something that was so wonderful suddenly become a 'waste of time' when you've decided you don't want it anymore?

sizequeenNY

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Obviously it doesn't leave you feeling empty, it didn't in this case at least.

Why does something that was so wonderful suddenly become a 'waste of time' when you've decided you don't want it anymore?

How dare you try to tell me how I feel. Every time I left his place it felt empty after. It is not deciding I do not want it anymore. Did you even read the thread? It is hard being the third in these situations sometimes. It was a waste of my time because I could have been doing other things. You are obviously trolling, find another thread

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How dare you try to tell me how I feel. Every time I left his place it felt empty after. It is not deciding I do not want it anymore. Did you even read the thread? It is hard being the third in these situations sometimes. It was a waste of my time because I could have been doing other things. You are obviously trolling, find another thread

You're the one who said it. I'm not disagreeing with you regarding how hard it can be, just saying that you're contradicting yourself.