Underware with a bathing suit

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's the deal with guys wearing underware with bathing suits?!

I just got back from a cruise that included quite a few cute guys on Spring break. I was amazed that I could see the waist band of their underware sticking out of the waist band of their bathing suits....

I didn't get it. Any thoughts.:confused:

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
they were probably not planning on 'swimming' and just wearing their "shorts" as "shorts..." but i agree it's pretty stupid when you're wearing swim trunks with a liner in them.

On the other hand, I sometimes will wear boxers or briefs under boardies- depending on the event. For me it's not so much as the extra layer to prevent VPL- it's having that waistband showing at my waist.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
doesn't surprise me a bit. and I presume there were few or no speedos around the pool.

it's a near-fatal sense of modesty which has been growing for years. it didn't used to be that way.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess I'm a bit too old to get that showing the waist band of your underware is a good thing! When I was a kid in the 70's you were laughed at if someone saw even a glimpse of you undies.

cyclistlarge

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess I'm a bit too old to get that showing the waist band of your underware is a good thing! When I was a kid in the 70's you were laughed at if someone saw even a glimpse of you undies.

It's still that way if you wear tighty whities. I go with a speedo underneath board shorts but I keep the shorts high enough that you can't see. Same with pants. then again I don't wear boxers and it's a faux pau (sp?) of sorts to wear pants low over briefs.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was amazed that I could see the waist band of their underwear sticking out of the waist band of their bathing suits...

Maybe they were wearing a swimmer's jock? For us non-competitive people, nada under the bathing suit. If you have to wear a bathing suit.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It's a fashion thing and is common here in Denmark too.
Public swimming pools have noticed it and have introduced new rules against underwear being worn underneath swim wear into the pool due to the obvious hygiene reasons.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a fashion thing and is common here in Denmark too.
Public swimming pools have noticed it and have introduced new rules against underwear being worn underneath swim wear into the pool due to the obvious hygiene reasons.

Dirty underwear under a swim suit does nothing to improve any hygiene issue, especially when the underwear gets wet. Its just a smoke screen and an excuse.

swimmersox

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey, I think you guys might be missing a possible reason -- namely that wearing some underwear (or a speedo) underneath board shorts, or shorts-type swimsuits, can actually IMPROVE one's 'bulge' -- y'know, by pulling up and pushing out one's junk. Just a thought.
(I know, for you 'anaconda' guys, that's not really an issue, but for those of us with larger-than-usual-but-not-scary endowments, a little, um, 'packaging' can help -- when one's in the mood to be showing off, that is.)

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Dirty underwear under a swim suit does nothing to improve any hygiene issue, especially when the underwear gets wet. Its just a smoke screen and an excuse.

I think you misunderstood what I'd written.

I said that the reason some younger guys wear underwear under their swim wear is that it happens to be fashionable to do so.

Because of this "new" fashion, public pools here in Denmark have introduced new rules against the habit, for hygienic reasons.

If they want to wear underwear under their swim wear, that's fine, but they aren't allowed to do so in the swimming pools.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
doesn't surprise me a bit. and I presume there were few or no speedos around the pool.

it's a near-fatal sense of modesty which has been growing for years. it didn't used to be that way.

I totally agree with the near-fatal sense of modesty... it's really weird, but they are wearing underwear because its a fashion statement these days. It's like the sock thing... one year you look stupid for wearing socks that go up the ankle, the next year you have to wear those stupid looking footies to be cool. Who can keep up?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
...one year you look stupid for wearing socks that go up the ankle, the next year you have to wear those stupid looking footies to be cool. Who can keep up?

I don't even try to keep up from year to year. In underwear as in everything else, I find something that works for me, and just keep wearing it. In the course of a week, I'll wear some combination of boxers, briefs, Midways, and nothing. Whatever feels good, I'll wear.

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
My first lifeguard instructor wore his Hanes boxer briefs under his trunks. And after my guard trunks split during swimming lessons I wear either a speedo or jammers now. But nothing under board shorts.