Underwear and Shorts for Gym?

I just wear boxers. My gym is pretty old-school in that no one cares that much. The one I used to go to required some kind of compression underneath though, so I'd do the basic jock + bball shorts.
I definitely prefer support when I'm running, though.

Required compression? Compression of what exactly and why? I've never heard of that.

I sweat. My boxers would get nasty pretty quickly. Maybe I should just go back to a jock. I don't think I even own one anymore. I do like the idea of the shorts with the built-in liner. My swim trunks have that. I wonder why they aren't putting liners in swim trunks any longer? So odd.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Required compression? Compression of what exactly and why? I've never heard of that.

I sweat. My boxers would get nasty pretty quickly. Maybe I should just go back to a jock. I don't think I even own one anymore. I do like the idea of the shorts with the built-in liner. My swim trunks have that. I wonder why they aren't putting liners in swim trunks any longer? So odd.

It was lame. Basically something that pulls your dick in, a jock, briefs, boxer briefs, compression shorts, whatever. They just didn't want any pop-outs or freeballing. There was no room for my dick to breathe there! :rolleyes:

It was lame. Basically something that pulls your dick in, a jock, briefs, boxer briefs, compression shorts, whatever. They just didn't want any pop-outs or freeballing. There was no room for my dick to breathe there! :rolleyes:

I would love to have been at the managerial meeting where that was addressed. Wonder if they have the same policy for women? I couldn't imagine approaching a client and telling him it's policy for him to make sure his nads don't flop out.

The place in my town is lame like that. It's in a converted church so it isn't big and the locker rooms are tiny and poorly ventilated so everything is always damp and it smells. My sister went to go tan once and they had a sign in the booths telling people not to pee in the wastebaskets! WTF? God I hated that gym. Staff weren't helpful either and mostly consisted of high school kids more interested in doing their homework.

The worst were the soccer moms who came in to work out and scanned every male in the place like he was piece of meat. I didn't feel flattered so much as uncomfortable.

Welp, just sized the, "Jock In Short" from Go Software and they don't make it in my size :rocketwhore:.

What are opinions on C-in2 jocks? Are they good? I see reports that they are but then I also see a lot of Bike fans around and I felt Bike jocks kinda just smushed everything rather than necessarily lifting/supporting anything. If jocks have improved since then, maybe I should reconsider them.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
go for personal comfort.

wife beater and shorts with a liner is what i use. it is actually a swimsuit but does not look like it. they are mid thigh length. jocks and compression shorts are not comfortable for me now. though i like the look. :)

go baggier for now if you are uptight about your shape. good luck to you.

Dazza

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a bit naughty and wear either compression shorts or lycra shorts with no underwear and a cock ring. Sometimes a T shirt and some times a compression top also.

:)

To answer your post I would wear compression shorts and then a pair of regular shorts over the top.

What I did was....

Stick with the tried and true.

I looked at the compression shorts and even tried them on but I was so... surprised by what I saw in the mirror that I dumped that idea really quickly. I looked like one of those beached whales in stretchy pants everybody laughs at. Maybe when I'm in better shape.

Instead I went to Target, got some Champion shorts in cotton and nylon. They drape nicely and have a lot of room. Got some T-shirts and sweats too. For underneath I ordered 2 C-in2 and 2 Bike jocks. They're good for what I need and, on reflection, worrying about looking sexy in the gym was a bit ridiculous.

I do thank everyone for their suggestions. They've all been very helpful. When I get down to a presentable weight and I've got some muscle going on, I'll worry about actually trying to look attractive.