underwear at the gym OUT of the shower

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Saw a first today...

Was showering after a swim, saw a guy showering (my gym has shower curtains that are clearn from the chest up....(saves on all the holes that kept 'appearing' in them)...

Anyhow, nice looking guy, showered and dried off in his stall, curtain closed- no big deal. He reached out, grabbed his shorts (okay, he is shy...)

then see him step out in BRIEFS...

funnier thing was.... you could tell he was cut they were so snug...(yes the man was packing nicely)..

My question- what was the point?? I could see shorts (or boxers to 'hide') but tighty whiteys? as snug as they were nude would have been as effective...

SexyFront

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Maybe a bathing suit, but underwear? I've never heard of that one.

Perhaps he was in a hurry or is very self-conscious.

spfldstyler

Just Browsing
Media
I've seen similar things at my gym too. Guys showering in their underwear or the putting it on under a towel. What the hell? Have men become so insecure with themselves they have been reduced to this level of modesty? I don't get it.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thats what baffled me- when I saw the 'clothes' on the hook I assumed it was gym shorts (or at least boxers) but to put on 'tighty whiteys'? and these were SNUG... (well and the guy appeared well endowed... maybe it was some kind of wierd 'show off' thing?

My gym is very 'straight' as well...

Just thought I would mention it, have never seen anything like it...

alexis daddy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's funny because a lot of the younger guys, less than 30 try to get dressed and undressed with a towel wrapped around them. There they are fumbling with the towel. They look ridiculous. Some comic I saw commented on this same subject and if you pay attention you'll find it's true. Guys less than 30 wear a towel and don't want anyone looking, guys 30 - 40 wear their underwear in the locker room, guys over 40 could care less and walk around bare-assed in the locker room. Who cares, we've all got the same equipment just different sizes.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There is a guy like that at my gym. First time I saw him, he had the towel wrapped around his body and putting on jos underwear. I thought oh thats weird. He is really cute nad had a great body.

Couple days later, caught him in the shower and amazed to see a great piece on him. I wondered why he was hiding it.

He had one of those nice pieces where you almost just drop to your knees.

ramwella

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Saw a first today...nice looking guy, showered and dried off in his stall, curtain closed- no big deal. He reached out, grabbed his shorts (okay, he is shy...)

then see him step out in BRIEFS...

funnier thing was.... you could tell he was cut they were so snug...(yes the man was packing nicely)..

There is a guy like that at my gym. First time I saw him, he had the towel wrapped around his body and putting on jos underwear. I thought oh thats weird. He is really cute nad had a great body.
Couple days later, caught him in the shower and amazed to see a great piece on him. I wondered why he was hiding it.

He had one of those nice pieces where you almost just drop to your knees.
Hey Catman & Movingforward--
Don't you get it?! The very reason why these guys stay covered-up is because of men like you that "hawk" their every move-- specifically how they disrobe; how they shower and dress. Some men (like me) choose the more modest approach because we do not want to be the featured attraction in your late-night fantasies or LPSG posts.

I've seen similar things at my gym too. Guys showering in their underwear or the putting it on under a towel. What the hell? Have men become so insecure with themselves they have been reduced to this level of modesty? I don't get it.
The modesty and insecurity is a safeguard reaction against strangers who like to take sneek peeks. Essentially, what you're suggesting is that people should change their gym habits just so that you can look at their dick and ass. HELL NO!! I am well-endowed, but I don't feel like putting on "the crotch-show" everytime I go to the gym. If I don't know or feel comfortable with the other gym members, then I keep my stuff covered all the time. And no one has the right to criticize or question me just because I choose to DENY them the opportunity to see me naked!

It's funny because a lot of the younger guys, less than 30 try to get dressed and undressed with a towel wrapped around them. There they are fumbling with the towel. They look ridiculous. Some comic I saw commented on this same subject and if you pay attention you'll find it's true. Guys less than 30 wear a towel and don't want anyone looking, guys 30 - 40 wear their underwear in the locker room, guys over 40 could care less and walk around bare-assed in the locker room. Who cares, we've all got the same equipment just different sizes.
Underwear? Swim gear? Gym shorts? What should it matter to anyone? I'm 37 and, except for the fumbling part, you've described my routine. I use waist towels with velcro or snaps; so no accidental slip-offs!

Basically, no one knows how well endowed I am unless I CHOOSE to show them! There have been some lockerrooms where I prefer to shower with my gym shorts on-- or not shower at all. While changing clothes, I usually face my locker with my back and ass to everyone. I keep a towel around my waist, and I change my shorts/briefs underneath. I don't lose my towel or turn around until my underwear is on. So, the only guys who get a free show from me are the men with fetishes for big feet and hairy legs!

Bottom line: Regardless of the discreet voyuerism (which I, too, admit to doing from time to time), I think to question or criticize anyone's choice of modesty in the lockeroom is disrespectful and unwarranted. It's everyone's personal choice and no one else's business.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think what I was commening on was the fact that the gentle man put on TIGHT briefs that left no doubt as to his 'hang'- I could understand putting on boxers or shorts or something less 'revealing'...

And Ram....I will get you even money that even YOU have noticed the 'sizes' around you- its very very "normal" (not meaning to offend)...

As to the towel/shorts phenomenon- I too have noticed it, specifically on a very muscular young man.... even more amusing- this kid is VERY well hung, he slipped on boxers on under his towel, dropped the towel and then had to put the end of his (horse) cock under his boxers, as it was hanging out the leg... (He then put on baggy clothes, surprising to me as he obviously spends a lot of time on a very very 'buff' body...

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The very reason why these guys stay covered-up is because of men like you that "hawk" their every move-- specifically how they disrobe; how they shower and dress. Some men (like me) choose the more modest approach because we do not want to be the featured attraction in your late-night fantasies or LPSG posts.

I'm glad somebody said it.

I'm hardly modest myself (actually, I tend to cover up only to keep from grossing anyone out.. lol), but leering stares aren't always welcomed.

ramwella

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And Ram....I will get you even money that even YOU have noticed the 'sizes' around you- its very very "normal" (not meaning to offend) ...

You're absolutely right. And I admitted that in my last paragraph.

I think what I was commening on was the fact that the gentle man put on TIGHT briefs that left no doubt as to his 'hang'- I could understand putting on boxers or shorts or something less 'revealing'...

But you didn't just happen to look up and see the gentleman wearing "tight briefs that left no doubt as to his hang". According to your OP, you obviously took the time to chronicle and detail this man's entire routine:
"...shower and dried off in his stall..."
"...curtain closed-- no big deal..."
"...he reached out, grabbed his shorts..."
"...see him step out in briefs..."
The purpose of my post was to justify that a person's lockerroom routine has everything to do with his comfort level. And one's choice to be modest is partly due to the veritable unknown: "Who might be watching me? And why?" This issue is not as much about paranoia or insecurity as it is about being cautiously aware.

People routinely do things for a reason. We guys that stay covered-up with towels and shorts are not paranoid, just cautious. We should not be ridiculed or criticized for it. Our privacy should be respected. On the other hand, the guys that walk around buck naked for 30 minutes do it for the attention. And in that case, I'm happy to oblige them.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the other hand, the guys that walk around buck naked for 30 minutes do it for the attention. And in that case, I'm happy to oblige them.

Well, maybe it's for the attention; they could also be air-drying, too. I'll sometimes spend that much time after shower at home before putting clothes on.

Then again, half an hour is a long time to fully air-dry.. lol

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yeah, the guy who uses the hair dryer to 'air dry' his balls is a bit much (lol)

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yeah, the guy who uses the hair dryer to 'air dry' his balls is a bit much (lol)

This always gets a :confused: reaction from me because I cannot for the life of me work out HOW the dude would make this work ? Is he actually fucking the thing while clinging to it like a newborn monkey to it's mother or what ?

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After nearly 4 years of working at a gym, I've seen just about everything. In general, the one thing that I've observed is that most guys over 30, many with military backgrounds, irrespective of being buff or not really could care less. In contrast, modesty seems to reign among guys under 25.

ramwella

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i am sorry, if a guy dries off in the stall and puts on a towel it looks stupid. just be normal. be natural.

Why?
Just what is so stupid or abnormal about wearing a towel after drying-off? So, I guess you'd prefer every man go bare-ass naked, free-ballin', and use their damp towels for snapping butts.
Hey, and maybe the gym could pipe-in some "Village People" music, too!

Reactions: hanginout

cajunblue

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with you Ramwella, if guys want to watch others walking around bare they can go to a sauna for like minded guys. Why do they have to perfve on you when you're at the gym working on your health and don't necessarily want the attention.