Underwear Bomber Scandal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arkfarmbear, Feb 4, 2011.

1. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Today, on Flightaware.com there is a report that the Underwear Bomber was staged by our government in order to gain the public's support for the war on terror.
    The article says Fox News has covered this since the first day the allegations were made by passengers on that flight/plane.
    I've not heard this until today.

2. dude_007

Gold Member

Who believes anything on Fox "news"

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I don't tend to believe stories regarding national safety and terrorism that generate from a website that isn't newsworthy. They should stick to tracking flights like they were originally built to do.

4. midlifebear

Gold Member

The link on www.flightaware leads to a "Newzine" or "blogette" called The New American. Check out: Passengers: Feds Orchestrated

There are plenty of ads to join the John Birch Society at The New American, which leads be me suspect that it isn't a reliable source of real news, just a mouth piece for any loon with a over reactive imagination. It's one of those blips on the Internet that probably thinks the capital of Canada is Toronto. Odd reading.

:usa:Of course, I could be wrong (I doubt it), but check the sight for yourselves. After all, the cost of freedom is constant vigilance.

#4 midlifebear, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  5. 6inchcock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Look north and turn left, real sudden like
    Verified:
    Photo
    People greatly overestimate the capability of the government to execute a conspiracy. I also have a hard time buying into some random guy getting on a plane and lighting his balls on fire, just so he can be sent to prison in the US.

Call me crazy, but...

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The John Birch Society rears its ugly head once more... :rolleyes:
    They just won't ever learn.

7. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

I can't comment on what they were oiginally built to do because I don't know anything about it.
    You apparently have some information about that. Please share it with us.
    All they did in this case is post it as a report on their news section. Nothing more.

8. dude_007

Gold Member

I wouldn't say crazy...paranoid or delusional perhaps.

I doubt the us government needs to stage something like a young man sticking explosives in his pants to gain public support for antiterrorism efforts. There is an overwhelming majority of support for that by the people already.

#8 dude_007, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

All you have to do is go to the website's "About Us" section and you can find out what they're all about. FlightAware > About FlightAware

Founded in March of 2005, FlightAware was the first company to offer free flight tracking services for both private and commercial air traffic in the United States. FlightAware launched public operations in late 2005 and quickly became the most popular flight tracking service in the world. FlightAware's proprietary flight arrival time algorithms combined with FlightAware's powerful, intuitive, responsive, and reliable web-based interface yield the most capable and useful flight tracking application and service. FlightAware has offices in Houston and New York. FlightAware provides live flight data, airport information, weather maps, flight planning, and navigation charts, as well as aviation news and photos to over two million users a month. FlightAware also powers operational management and dispatch software, airport flight information displays (FIDS), and provides reporting data to aircraft and airport operators. Aviation businesses (corporate flight departments, airlines, charter operators, aircraft and engine manufacturers, airport operators, government) rely on FlightAware's commercial services division for data analysis, trending, outsourcing of data processing, and finding the answer to tomorrow's aviation optimization and reliability problems.

Hence my comment about this organization "sticking to tracking flights like they were originally built to do".

On top of this, midlifebear did some more investigating and saw that one of their sponsors may be tied with the John Birch Society, and given their shady history that should always be reason for concern. I don't know, but if I was trying to run a story in my news ticker I would much rather it be based more on facts and not pure speculation. It's a major thing for any organization (or blog) to be accusing the government for staging or faking a terrorist attack. But that's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted