Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm in quite good shape, but no matter how lean I seem to get, I will always have what I would call thunder thighs. I'm not a fan, but that's the hand my genetics dealt me. Consequently, it seems like every pair of underwear I've tried except for a few (some of which now discontinued) ride up on me in a pretty bad way.

I've found that very long legs tend to ride up less than a standard "boxer brief" fits, and I am not a fan of briefs or plain boxers. Also I'm not going commando. I don't think I'd terribly like a "trunk" either, but the thought occurs that it might ride up less because it doesn't cover too much leg?

The underwear that have previously fit me best in the past were CK Cycle Shorts, which they no longer make. I recently got a pair of underamor 6" inseem that rode up and curled up worse than anything I've ever dealt with, and a 9" inseem that doesn't ride up all that much, but the support is sort of lacking, and contrary to the idea of keeping things "cool" the waistband seems to create a ring of sweat around where it touches.

Any ideas?

m_lucas89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have pretty big thighs (and a huge ass), so it's been a problem for me to find perfect underwear. A lot of the time, I just go commando. But when the weather gets cold and I wear jeans, I need some underpants. I will NOT wear jeans without underpants. Too uncomfortable.
I found this really comfortable pair of Hanes boxer-briefs. I'm not sure what the specific style is, but I've always used Hanes and they really work great for me.

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big thighs have always been a problem for me. You said you do not like boxer shorts, but baggy full-cut boxers are the only underwear that are comfortable to wear..

pacer3

Experimental Member
Media
Aeropostale carries some boxer-briefs that don't ride up on me. If there's not one near you, you can check them out online.

inwait8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This was one of the main reasons I gave up underwear... though if I had to I would go with briefs. There are some out there that won't ride up, but like you said they don't offer much in terms of support... good luck on your search!

Keep us updated on your search.

S

SirConcis

String bikinis are for men with big tighs. This is because movement of legs do not interfere with the pouch. (think of a thong with a full back).

My current batch are CK Tech Active Sport Briefs. But Calvin Klein Underwear - The Official Calvin Klein Underwear Store For Men and Women doesn't show this anymore. Guess I'll have to search for some other brand. I know that 2sxist also makes string bikinis.

Previous batch were Jockey Elance String Bikinis, but the white ones are no longer available in Canada for some stupid reason.

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

super92coupe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have the same problem with big thighs, I'm kind of a big guy too though. Another problem I have is chafing...especially in the warmer months. I've been wearing boxer briefs for years, and so far I've had the most luck with the Hanes "no ride" ones. There is elastic in the leg band, so it keeps them fairly snug and in place all day.

outdoorsguy23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey, I have some pretty thick thighs as well. I recently came across these: Jockey go stretch classic midway® brief - 2 pack 9882 at Jockey.com Men's Underwear I have had them a couple months and really like them. If you buy them, just be sure to following the drying instructions. I have found the only bad thing about Jockey is if you dry it on high the elastic doesn't last as long. Sometimes I will just air dry them.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My thighs aren't huge but are out of proportion to my waist. They also seem to be larger down my quads than right up at my groin. Any type of boxer brief that I have tried slides up my leg and collects in my groin. I can't stand it! I have also tried many different briefs but find that the leg holes are too small. If I buy larger ones, then the waist is too big or there is a lot of excess material in the ass. I have tried a few string types too but have settled for commando. I add boxers in my dress pants for work some of the time. There just isn't a better solution out there.

MuscleBoundMan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My thighs aren't huge but are out of proportion to my waist. They also seem to be larger down my quads than right up at my groin. Any type of boxer brief that I have tried slides up my leg and collects in my groin. I can't stand it! I have also tried many different briefs but find that the leg holes are too small. If I buy larger ones, then the waist is too big or there is a lot of excess material in the ass. I have tried a few string types too but have settled for commando. I add boxers in my dress pants for work some of the time. There just isn't a better solution out there.

This sums it up for me and strings don't work for me. Only other option that I have found is to wear one of the better and softer jocks out now. I wear them with slacks to avoid major VPL.

RedScrotum

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had problems with briefs. Primarily because of the leg elastic around my legs being too tight and occasionally rolling up and pulling a few stray hairs out of my thighs. I now wear boxer briefs whenever i need to wear underwear. They're soft like briefs but they don't have that nasty elastic in the legs.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have 27" thighs so I either wear the longer boxers or compression shorts. Unfortunately with my size balls a jock or brief make it look like I am walking around with an erection, so that is out of the question.

EuroboyUS

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey, I have some pretty thick thighs as well. I recently came across these: Jockey go stretch classic midway® brief - 2 pack 9882 at Jockey.com Men's Underwear I have had them a couple months and really like them. If you buy them, just be sure to following the drying instructions. I have found the only bad thing about Jockey is if you dry it on high the elastic doesn't last as long. Sometimes I will just air dry them.

I agree about the Jockey's and about drying them but I find that the seamless ones (in my original posting) have much more room in the pouch.

iluvmm2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would highly recommend string bikinis or thongs. Just make sure they're 100% cotton so that you won't get too sweaty. Contrary to you might believe, they're totally comfortable and they give this no-underwear feeling. I'm sure you will have no problem with your thighs any more doesn't matter how thick they might be.