Underwear for weight training

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
try boxer briefs made of a mesh or lycra material, one that is preferrably labelled as 'sport' underwear as they are usually designed to slick away sweat and keep everything dry and clean down there while you get physical.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Save yourself the extra laundry, freeball. It's cool and comfortable.

Agreed - I personally use Champion track pants with nothing underneath while training. I tend to sweat quite a lot, so I don't wanna deal with sticky boxers or briefs that'll make my nether regions ever more hot and sweaty.

Smythy1610

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, Freeballing is OK for staying cool and comfy for some lifting. But I now restrict that to when I anticipate sticking to certain routines. Once while freeballing I got my swinging iron pinched between two chuncks of cold steel, leaving a quarter-sized hemotoma (Blood blister) on my glans. Lots of pain, and freeked me out. It only took once to learn that lesson. I now wear a jock that has a mostly cotton pouch. The cotton keeps the balls and area cooler and drier than free-balling (keeps my stuff away from my thighs where the heat is comming from). But, since all the jocks I have found are designed for "average" or smaller guys, I have had to alter all of my jock stock to have an added patch of single-layer lycra down the middle for room. It is a design I "borrowed" from the I.M. line of underwear, which I have been using since 1975. Ironically, their (I.M.'s) jocks don't have enough room either, so I modify as needed.

If anyone needs or wants details for doing it yourself, let me know, I might be able to show pics of before and after mod's, and tips on the process.

Smythy1610

(By the way: the "1610" in my name has NO MEANING at al.. just a random number!!)

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I get much too hot working out and wearing any kind of underwear. Far cooler and more comfortable. Just have to be mindful of not injuring the boys when doing some routines.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends on what you are doing... when slamming heavy dumbells against my thighs... I wear jockey elance briefs because they keep everything in a nice potato shape, out of the way of the dumbells. I also wear them when I ride the bike, since I don't want my cock moving around against my thighs. For everything else, I love compression shorts myself!!

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lately I like to wear a pain jockstrap under something like an underarmour liner and then some super lose gym shorts. That way I can keep my cock and balls where I want them plus keep the sweat from dripping down my legs.

lol im not sure what they are called i just wear them...but they are boxers i guess....a lil tight....i like that so nothing comes out also you dont have anytihng bouncing lol

like doing bench and stuff u might have an accident if everything is too loose...

but too tight and doing squats as i have seen you may have rips lol pretty funny when it happens tho

bruiser

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Free balling for me cos I like the idea that someone might spot me. Using high cut athletic shorts & free balling is a sensational feeling. I don't deliberately expose but my gym singlet covers everthing pretty well so it is not too obvious. I love it!!!!!!!!!!

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Zeus, I have tried boxers and briefs, but boxer briefs work best for me. Ah the hybrid!

Smythy, there is one word for that:OUCH! :eek5: That must've hurt like hell.

Yeah, Freeballing is... Once while freeballing I got my swinging iron pinched between two chuncks of cold steel, leaving a quarter-sized hemotoma (Blood blister) on my glans. Lots of pain, and freeked me out.
Smythy1610

(By the way: the "1610" in my name has NO MEANING at al.. just a random number!!)

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I usually wear Ergowear Boxer Briefs under my loose shorts.
Sometimes I wear one of my 2xist sport thongs. I just want everything to be still and protected. I've seen many guys get hurt in the groin area too often during weightlifting or playing sports. I never freeball it.
Jake

SpandexGear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I use to freeball like a lot of guys -- but started wearing a jockstrap in the last little while -- better support -- and just prefer having my balls and shaft motionless while I workout -- I wear spandex gym shorts over the jock -- but that is about it.

I loose the jock the second I leave the though -- love to freeball. :cool:

tanhardbod

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wear the short,supportive and stretchy "boxcut" shorts (Prevail Sport) under looser shorts. I sometimes just wear these short shorts by themselves when running at the park. If I wear my "sock" and looser fitting shorts when running my shit is just going everywhere.