Underwear for weightlifting

D

deleted18596641

What do y’all wear in the gym when weight lifting? I’ve never found something I’m totally happy with. At the moment I’m wearing a size up in boxer brief because i get the most additional movements in them. And when it’s really warm I wear running shorts with mesh so almost commando but not quite. Is a jock strap a good option for squats and dead’s?

D

deleted18596641

Ye it’s a good option alright, the slight feeling of exposure is fun too though

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Actually, I wear whatever I have that is clean. I simply purchase inexpensive shorts, t-shirts and tank tops/vests from shops like Walmart or Target. To be honest, the last thing on my mind when I'm lifting is what I'm wearing.

d_sylva

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What do y’all wear in the gym when weight lifting? I’ve never found something I’m totally happy with. At the moment I’m wearing a size up in boxer brief because i get the most additional movements in them. And when it’s really warm I wear running shorts with mesh so almost commando but not quite. Is a jock strap a good option for squats and dead’s?
Did leg day in a jockstrap once. The straps were hanging on by a thread and the pouch came off from the left corner by the time I was done. My problem now is the inseams of my shorts ripping apart.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, a jock strapis great for squats and dead lifts as it offers exceptional mobility

Cosgood

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Whatever those athletic breathable Hanes boxer-briefs are (X-Cool or something like that) with the pouch. I wear them more for medical reasons, but they do a decent job keeping my bits and bobs in place when I'm doing leg stuff.

Plasticroad1

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Different everyday
Recently I've purchased a few pairs of shorts with liner in them so no need for underwear. That's probably my favorite.
I also will wear the occasional boxer briefs if I think there might be some running and high intensity cardio. However I love some briefs too!

EddieAdams

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On leg days, I wear compression tights underneath shorts. Keeps everything in place. On upper-body push/pull days, I go commando under sweatpants or wear Separatec under gym shorts.

Reactions: bulgebigger