Underwear Logistics

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by JustHere4, Oct 6, 2009.

1. JustHere4

JustHere4 New Member

I just went shopping for some new underwear and to try some new styles. I'm a small guy in the sense that I'm thin and not very muscular. I'm about 5'9", 125 pounds, with a 30" waist. I had purchased some boxer briefs a while back and found that the smallest size was too big. After about an hour wearing them, they stretched out and became bunchy and uncomfortable. So I had an idea that I could possibly buy boys sizes and that might do the trick. So I found some other brands that made a smaller size small, 28-30 instead of 30-32 and also picked up some boys size 14/16 briefs, trunks, and boxer briefs. I wear all types of underwear, boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs, trunks, and low-rise trunks. Each of them have logistical problems that maybe you gents can sympathize with.

The problems I've had with the baggy sizes have been fixed with a smaller size, however, I do notice that the boys underwear are less roomy in the front, but its not a huge issue. My concern is this, as long as I stay soft, I'm golden, but if I get hard then problems seem to arise with both the boys and smaller men's boxer briefs and regular briefs. I'm not that big soft but when I get hard, its difficult to conceal it and these smaller briefs have a lower waistband and become somewhat uncomfortable and tight and I worry about "poking" out of the top.

The other question I have is that I bought a pair or fly-less low-rise trunks at H&M a while back and have never had the stones to wear them out of the house. First, their shape requires that you point it down, but then what happens if things shift around. I've never been a fan of pointing it down because its not that comfy and it moves around when I sit down. If I get an erection in those low-rise shorts, there's no hope, it pokes out the waistband a good 3 inches and I'm not even sure what the hell to do with it after that. I usually just change into something else and throw them in the hamper.

I did find Joe Boxer briefs in a cool ringer design that seem to be tall enough to come up on my waist and yet they are snug enough (28-30 waist) too keep me comfy and supported. Without sounding like a creep-o, the boys 14-16 underwear look great and feel great, I'm just concerned that when the unexpected happens, I'm going to have a crisis on my hands. Any thoughts/experiences?

2. Vestigial

Gold Member

I'm after considerably higher-cut underwear myself. In fact, I came here with underwear issues and still haven't solved them. (Hey, I was distracted! >.>)

At the moment I can unbuckle my belt a few notches and cover an erection over with t-shirt and shirt. Length and also concealment has become a part of my clothing specifications now.

ARE there higher-cut underwear around? Underwear which ride UP higher, as most of the variation in current styles are limited to varying downward / leg lengths.

Or is this specifically a job for tailoring?

Note: It's been a long time since I researched this online, though I have been in MANY stores without success.

3. JustHere4

JustHere4 New Member

Vestigial, I don't know your fancy but the Joe Boxer briefs sit much higher on the waist and are still pretty snug all around, you might want to try those out. They're aren't super posh and fancy, but they do the trick. Low-rise undies are nice but sometimes they just don't work.

4. Vestigial

Gold Member

I currently wear stock standard (Australian) underwear. Or swim shorts.

I've checked the Joe Boxer briefs and the design seems fine. They don't ride as high as I would like though, and I've yet to consider the practicalities of one that would. As an example, I've an awesome pair of pants that go high, but they're held on suspenders.

As for my fancy, I tend to lean towards rough and rugged. Or clear / clean cut.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted