Underwear Logo on your hat?

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since when did UnderArmour reach "Nike" status? The logo is nice, but it's still an underwear brand logo, isn't it? For me, it's like seeing a buddy with a Fruit-of-the-Loom logo on their at. It just seems out of place.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Since when did UnderArmour reach "Nike" status? The logo is nice, but it's still an underwear brand logo, isn't it? For me, it's like seeing a buddy with a Fruit-of-the-Loom logo on their at. It just seems out of place.

naw they're all of athletic wear. shirts shorts, sneakers, cleats etc.

speaking of nike I always get a kick out of seing a kid with a nike swoosh or air jordan logo tatooed on their arm. give me a break!

B3020844

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Seriously? Not at all. Under rnpur is athletic gear. They happen to produce underwear but that is a small part of their product line. As I write this I am wearing an under armour hoddie, under armour socks and an underarmour hat. Underarmour is a bran like champion, or adidas even. They make shoes, warming gear, sweatshirts, hats, hunting gear..etc

mdshorts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Under Armour has not yet reached Nike status

I work in the sporting goods industry. Last year UA was somewhere between 500 million to 1 billion in sales, against Nike's 17 Billion in sales. THey are working hard, they want to match/beat NIke, but they still have a long way to go.

D

deleted31340

BRIEF, I actually agree with you. I think they were making athletic underwear before the other stuff, seems like it anyway.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
UnderArmour is a legit, serious athletic goods brand. They also have a tremendous business making great underwear products. I would say they jumped to a major brand around the time they went public, early 2006 to my memory.

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's all part of leveraging a strong brand identity into related markets.

Aussiebum, which made it's name in underwear and swimwear is now pushing out with T-shirts, etc. Broaden the brand - sell a lot more stuff with your name on it to advertise your brand and sell more stuff.

Leisurewear range on aussiebum online store