Underwear Ripping and Customer Service

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So, I purchased some more of my favorite Jockey Midway Boxer Briefs at a local department store that was going out of business. I wear them, wash them and one pair RIPS.

So, I decide to call Jockey and complain. I call and get a message that says that they are SO customer-oriented that they have PEOPLE ready to assist me as soon as I choose from the next 3-choice menu. I had a person on the line in 45 seconds. WOW.

So, in the midst of the conversation, I tell the customer service rep (a PERSON) that this current washing machine shafuoo notwithstanding, my Jockeys only last 3-4 months before they rip either on the thigh or in the butt area.

Now, I explain to her that I have a 33" waist and 23" thigh, moderate ass (SHUT UP) and NEVER exercise my legs. She goes on to tell me that Jockey has had a problem with their boxer briefs ripping for certain men (they have not pinpointed it yet) and that, in response to this problem--they will replace every pair of ripped underwear I have at no cost to me. WOW.

Who says customer service is dead?

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's the real question: Was this person somewhere in the US or Canada? That's a good indicator of quality customer service. If the company can afford to keep their customer service on this continent and north of the Rio Grande, they can afford to treat their customers right. Trust me. I know. I wrote software for call centers for 7 years. I've seen it all - U.S., Canada, India, Panama, Mexio, even Puerto Rico.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:
So, I purchased some more of my favorite Jockey Midway Boxer Briefs at a local department store that was going out of business. I wear them, wash them and one pair RIPS.

So, I decide to call Jockey and complain. I call and get a message that says that they are SO customer-oriented that they have PEOPLE ready to assist me as soon as I choose from the next 3-choice menu. I had a person on the line in 45 seconds. WOW.

So, in the midst of the conversation, I tell the customer service rep (a PERSON) that this current washing machine shafuoo notwithstanding, my Jockeys only last 3-4 months before they rip either on the thigh or in the butt area.

Now, I explain to her that I have a 33" waist and 23" thigh, moderate ass (SHUT UP) and NEVER exercise my legs. She goes on to tell me that Jockey has had a problem with their boxer briefs ripping for certain men (they have not pinpointed it yet) and that, in response to this problem--they will replace every pair of ripped underwear I have at no cost to me. WOW.

Who says customer service is dead?

Congratulation, Lex!

And kudos to Jockey for standing behind
their product.

You should be a sales rep! :tongue:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I forgot to mention that I have written them a long letter commending them on both their approach to customer service and their prompt attention and resolution to my concerns.

I don't know if the woman was Canadian or not.

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
I forgot to mention that I have written them a long letter commending them on both their approach to customer service and their prompt attention and resolution to my concerns.

Glad to hear that you had a good out come. I think if you, as the consumer, treat the service rep with respect, then you get better service.
:tongue:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lex said:

You're a gentleman, Lex and maybe
she was Canadian...eh? :tongue:

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BBB2.5 said:
Glad to hear that you had a good out come. I think if you, as the consumer, treat the service rep with respect, then you get better service.
:tongue:

I've heard all the things that are said while the customer is on mute or on hold. I can promise you this is ALWAYS the case. Go out of your way to be kind and they'll almost always bend over backwards for you.

Oh... And if you want to speak to an actual manager, you have to get transferred at least 3 times. The first one is from one rep to another, and the second transfer is from the 2nd rep to a "special" department of reps trained to deal with angy people. If you can manage to get past that group, the 3rd transfer is usually the first time you're talking to a supervisor or manager.