Underwear Ripping and Customer Service

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Lex, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

So, I purchased some more of my favorite Jockey Midway Boxer Briefs at a local department store that was going out of business. I wear them, wash them and one pair RIPS.

So, I decide to call Jockey and complain. I call and get a message that says that they are SO customer-oriented that they have PEOPLE ready to assist me as soon as I choose from the next 3-choice menu. I had a person on the line in 45 seconds. WOW.

So, in the midst of the conversation, I tell the customer service rep (a PERSON) that this current washing machine shafuoo notwithstanding, my Jockeys only last 3-4 months before they rip either on the thigh or in the butt area.

Now, I explain to her that I have a 33" waist and 23" thigh, moderate ass (SHUT UP) and NEVER exercise my legs. She goes on to tell me that Jockey has had a problem with their boxer briefs ripping for certain men (they have not pinpointed it yet) and that, in response to this problem--they will replace every pair of ripped underwear I have at no cost to me. WOW.

Who says customer service is dead?

2. Chuck64

Gold Member

Here's the real question: Was this person somewhere in the US or Canada? That's a good indicator of quality customer service. If the company can afford to keep their customer service on this continent and north of the Rio Grande, they can afford to treat their customers right. Trust me. I know. I wrote software for call centers for 7 years. I've seen it all - U.S., Canada, India, Panama, Mexio, even Puerto Rico.

3. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Congratulation, Lex!

And kudos to Jockey for standing behind
    their product.

You should be a sales rep! :tongue:

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I forgot to mention that I have written them a long letter commending them on both their approach to customer service and their prompt attention and resolution to my concerns.

I don't know if the woman was Canadian or not.

5. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Glad to hear that you had a good out come. I think if you, as the consumer, treat the service rep with respect, then you get better service.
    :tongue:

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

You wash your underwear?

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I was told I could wash everything except my jock.

Kinkguy said no washing the jocks.

Believe it or not, I even wash my BODY on occasion.

8. windtalkerways

Gold Member

You're a gentleman, Lex and maybe
    she was Canadian...eh? :tongue:

9. Chuck64

Gold Member

I've heard all the things that are said while the customer is on mute or on hold. I can promise you this is ALWAYS the case. Go out of your way to be kind and they'll almost always bend over backwards for you.

Oh... And if you want to speak to an actual manager, you have to get transferred at least 3 times. The first one is from one rep to another, and the second transfer is from the 2nd rep to a "special" department of reps trained to deal with angy people. If you can manage to get past that group, the 3rd transfer is usually the first time you're talking to a supervisor or manager.

10. quattro

quattro New Member

Does that department store hapen to be Robinson's May? That happens to be a store in my area that just died.

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

nah--it was Hecht's--which has been purchased my Macy's, I think.

I received all my fancy new undies, all grey, one size up from Jockey a few days ago. They ROCK!

Draft saved Draft deleted