Underwear sizes and shrinkage

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by amazed, Jan 17, 2007.

1. amazed

amazed New Member

Has anyone else noticed that underwear sizes have become smaller recently? I firmly believe the new "large" was the old "medium."
    And whatever cotton they are now using shrinks like a magician's disappearing act.

I even see some designers make an "extra small (XS)." Who could fit into them?

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Especially the Brand Mundo Unico........i wear a mediem in every brand of underwear there is but with mundo unico I am a large bordering on an extra large.....and i'm 6 feet 185 with a 31 inch waist!......I cant imagine what size real fat people have to buy!

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

All fits are not the same.

My waist is a 33", my hips are 42", my thighs are 23" each. Of course, I also have a lot going on between my thighs.

Mediums on my undies (the Jockey Pouch) are supposed to fit if you have between a 32-34" waist. They don't. The pouch holds everything fine but the ass and thigh always tear at the seams. I called Jockey and they sent me free larger size of every pair I sent them that was ripped. I buy the Large (36-38" waist) as I need more room.

4. Robotronic

Robotronic New Member

weird, i tend to notice the opposite. a lot of boxers i buy now are a lot more roomy than they used to be made.

5. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

There is no such thing as a standard size. I have found that the cheaper made underwear don't fit well. It's strange but some of the underwear I've bought that was made in Asia has a smaller crotch. Weird, eh?
    Lex that is because baby's got back. :rolleyes:

6. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

And front!

7. EuroboyUS

EuroboyUS Active Member

Albums:
    Yeah...I bought a pair of Mundo Unico in Amsterdam last year and they fit perfectly...just got a pair in the US last week and the same size is like a pressure dressing. Not cool!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice