Underwear Sizing System

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

dsimmons01: Why has no company ever made a sizing system for men's underwear? Like women's cup sizes, you could have men's pouch sizes. It would make shopping for underwear a whole lot easier.
    <5" A Pouch
    5-6" B Pouch
    6-7" C Pouch
    7-8" D Pouch and so on...

opinions? or has someone done this that i dont knnow about?

2. thirdlegmeat

thirdlegmeat Member

Because, often times, well-endowed guys go commando anyway.

I mean, what man is honestly going to go into a store, that most likely is staffed by women, and purchase "A-cup pouched" underwear?

Any well-endowed guy knows that "tighty whities" are not going to provide enough room. For most of us here on the LPSG, our dicks would come out the bottom and the circulation would be cut-off, and then eventually the doctor would have to amputate and reduce us to normal size. LOL

But the point is that you&#39;re right, underwear, in the traditional sense, is not made for well-endowed guys. Underwear is made for the average guy...the average consumer. What company is going to market underwear to a small minority of hung guys, thereby pissing off the average guy who constitutes the majority of sales. From what I understand the same is true for women with large breasts...most clothes, bras, etc. are not designed to compliment their body type.

That&#39;s why I go commando. I mean, I suppose I could wear boxers, but what&#39;s the point. Theres no support with boxers anyway, and I&#39;d rather avoid the excess, bulky fabric. But whatever your preference, I wouldn&#39;t hold my breath on any company ever creating underwear that makes average guys feel small.

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

You also have to keep in mind that so many factors go into a guy&#39;s bulge size--tigh size, penis size, balls (and how they hang).

For example--I am about 4.5x4 soft (not that huge) and ,my balls stay close to my body, pushing my cock up and out all the time. If I had low-hangers, I might have a different size bulge. It&#39;s all so relative.

4. txquis

Gold Member

I&#39;m just a C pouch :huh:

But i like the idea.
    What fits me in the crotch doesnt fit me anywhere else, usually.

I am one who never goes commando.
    My balls are big, and i like them restrained...plus,
    with all the walking i do, i dont like the way pants rub me the wrong
    way.

5. benderten2001

Gold Member

While a "sizing guideline for men" sounds plausible....it probably wouldn&#39;t work.

As noted, with men especially... having to resort to publicly&#33; picking out a whatever "pouch" size and checking out with it in a store .... let alone having to ASK a female clerk for a particular size&#33;....well, it might be intimidating for many of us guys--believe it or not. And, I can certainly understand the average or below size fella NOT feeling all that comfortable having to seek out (say)... an "A" pouch&#33;

The point about each guy hanging and "feeling" differently in underwear is well taken. Indeed its "the whole package" which has to fit and that package as such does vary between us men. It&#39;s more than just penis "comfort and room" . It&#39;s scrotum size, too. --So, there you go men&#33;.

"Going commando" isn&#39;t the answer for all of us either....not totally. While comfortable no doubt, and perhaps okay for private settings (i.e. at home&#33;) or more casual ones where you might could get by with (i.e. errand running or where you won&#39;t be too embarrassed for what you might reveal&#33;)....going sans underwear isn&#39;t the ideal ("correct" way) for many of us to go...the older guys around here especially. Many of us don&#39;t accept it as really ....hmmm? --- "proper". We have our reasons and much of it is how we were raised. We&#39;re set in our ways, I would reckon. I know I can be&#33;

Those of us in offices where we "dress up" in business attire.....prefer underwear of some kind....for sanitary reasons and asthetics, too. Keeping the gear in control (some reasonable control) is the goal. Boxer briefs (if some of us can stand them&#33;) or regular (full-cut&#33;) boxers generally fit the bill for comfort and at least some decency / modesty. Note once again (as I&#39;ve done numerous times&#33;) I point out to men in case some don&#39;t realize this that full-cut boxers have longer legs to them (helps conceal longer flaccids&#33;). The "tapered" boxer shorts do not so obviously there&#39;s a greater risk of "hanging out". I find clothing manufacturers&#39; labels on underwear deviously deceiving sometimes. It&#39;s like I can&#39;t be totally sure how the boxers are going to fit until I unpackage them at home and try &#39;em out. (Kinda hard to do in a store with a package of two or three boxers to ponder over)

Guys who must wear jeans while on the job get my empathy, too. That denim would HAVE to be mighty soft to the touch&#33; for me to even consider going commando in them&#33; Even with lots of fabric softener added to jeans laundry, I still fing denim fabric pretty rough on the goods when even trying "no underwear" around the house&#33; But, to each his own. Whatever works I suppose.

I&#39;ve noted many times before, men are not "taught" this stuff as we grow up--what kind of underwear to consider and the reasons "why" we must give it thought.
    For many of us...we learn by trial and error, by observing others, and of course by reading around here in this forum&#33; ;)

6. Imported

Gold Member

dsimmons01: I guess your right, there would not be a definite size. One 6" guy might need a completely different size than another 6" based on testicals, soft size and all that. But i think if the companies threw the different sizes out there... everyone would have to experiment a little and get an idea for what size was needed, then you would know from then on out. It would still be better than buying underwear and just hoping it fits. At least there would be somewhat of a system.
    As far as guys being embarrassed to ask for the "A", hes going to have it bad either way... either no support, or embarrassment... lose lose situation.

7. Awesum9

Awesum9 New Member

Albums:
    I guess I am either fortunate or unfortunate being well endowed, flaccid or erect. My penis flaccid measure just under 7" and 6" circumference. My scotum measures 11" around at the testicles and hange 7" from my crotch. regular briefs are just to confining. I have found that International male and Undergear have a large number of various briefs with pouches. My favorite is the Cotton Mesh Countour Brief, style A083. You can check them out on the net and order a catalog. Any questions drop me an email Awesum9plus@hotmail.com

8. soccerfanatic

soccerfanatic New Member

I don&#39;t think it&#39;d work cos of the shower/grower thing, a guy might fit in a certain size of pouch but if he got a semi then he&#39;d be ripping out of it lol

9. onedragon

onedragon Member

Undergear or International Male are great. I&#39;ve been buying their underware for years. Really like the mesh thong style, very comfortable and roomy. I&#39;ve worn thongs since finding them in Europe years ago and find them the only way to go except commando. Undergear had some that they sold on another web site that had a pouch for your balls and a cock ring that is also comfortable. They shutdown the site and I haven&#39;t found that style since then on their undergear site. They seem to understand that some guys need alittle more room..

10. Donk

Donk New Member

I think they already have that, but everything comes only in size "A" pouch.

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Playtex and Maidenform have been making sized pouches for years but for some reason they put two of them on a strap. Is one a spare? :(

12. jonb

Gold Member

What about the size of the balls?

13. Freddie53

Gold Member

I have read all the posts so far. I think your idea has some good points. However, it has been pointed out that the men&#39;s package is not the same as a woman&#39;s breat. There is soft penis size, ball size, hanging size, semi erection size and full erection size. Not to mention that some erections on guys curve up, down, to the side and so on. So the answer to me is just different sytle underwear which we have now.

Stores that have a large volume of sales need to stock the various types of underwear. Labeling won&#39;t work for the reasons menitioned in other posts and listed above. I suppose the term extra large pouch might be used or something like that on some manufacturer&#39;s products, but that is about as far as it can be done. There can&#39;t be a scale for the many different variables mentioned. But stores can carry those kinds of underwear that have been mentioned that must be ordered from the catalog. If enough guys kept asking the stores to stock them and didn&#39;t buy what was avaiable and ordered through the catatog then stores would change what they stock.

It should be noted that guys with very small penises don&#39;t want to wear something real snug that shows just how small their package is. They would rather wear underwear that just is loose and doesn&#39;t reveal size very well.

I am one of those with relatively large balls and a small penis. So a penis chart would not work for me and would get the wrong size. And you didn&#39;t mention what about guys with only three inch erections. They exist. No there aren&#39;t many. but who in that group would want to buy underwear with four inches or less written across the top? Bet that those underwear would rot sitting on the shelves.

14. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

Hey, I am a D-pouch&#33;

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I agree with jonb & Freddie - the balls must be taken into account.

If my dick requires a C pouch then my balls (large, low hangers) must require an F.

Maybe we should talk our neighborhood tailors into some custom fittings?

UNDERWEAR MADE WHILE U WAIT

16. jonb

Gold Member

Also, most have more sizes. Cup sizes are AA, A, B, C, D, DD, F, G. (Or something like that.) I prefer women who are size B-D, but it&#39;s no deal-breaker.

17. Max

Max New Member

As other people have implied, there is no sizing system for men&#39;s underwear for the simple reason that most men don&#39;t need to give it a thought. I suppose 90% or more can just pull on their boxers or briefs (the choice may be determined as much by what they are used to or their mothers or wives buy for them as anything else) and let things fall where they may. Some bigger guys do find their size requires more care in the choice of undergear and also the way they stow themselves inside it; but it is interesting that over the years lpsg members have made very different choices because of their size. Some need briefs or maybe boxer briefs because they need the weight supported, others say they need boxers because they need the room, and so on.

I&#39;m one of a small minority here (I think) where this has been a real issue. By my mid teens I realised that no type of standard underwear would do the job for me — either I felt totally unsupported and my groin muscles would ache, or I&#39;d look indecent, or I&#39;d get sore, or I&#39;d feel appallingly cramped. Or more likely all of them at once. Only in the jockstrap I wore for PE did I feel anything like comfortable or secure. So I hit on the idea of asking my parents to buy me enough of them to wear as my standard underwear (under my boxers). Of course it was not ideal: the tip of my (flaccid) penis was right at the top of the pouch so there was no headroom for frequent teenage erections (he just had to force his way up under the waist band), and my balls felt as if they were being compressed, which I suppose they were.

Eventually I discovered that the suppliers could make me some "specials" with a longer and wider pouch, and at last I had something that really worked for me. Two or three times in the next few years I needed to ask for an increase to the specification, so I suppose in that sense I know all about going up from one "cup" size to another. ;)

18. bigstr8bulge

bigstr8bulge Member

all good points guys...I think this would make a great gag gift though, something that could sell well in Spencer&#39;s Gifts

19. Pumpedboy

Pumpedboy Member

Draft saved Draft deleted