Underwear suggestions?

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm trying to grow into my user name...at the moment I'm short and fat. Well, I'll still be short...but I've given myself till my next birthday (October) to lose 12" off my waist. It'll take "quite a bit" of work, but at just a bit more than an inch a month, it's achievable.

But, since getting fat, my underwear has gotten bigger...and more (and more) poorly fitted. Not a huge deal, when sitting and typing...but a massive problem when active, like when doing cardio. It's become an issue, and it needs to be addressed.

Google research has revealed that I have a fairly large package, and that I hang low (but nothing approaching some of the monstrous statistical outliers posted on this forum!!!), which explains why I have always required support. In the past, boxers and freeballing have never worked. I need the support of briefs, and have recently tried my first jock straps, which at least contain me, without falling out or spilling over.

My problem is that I can't find briefs with proportions that actually hold me in and up, without cutting off circulation. And, I've not yet found a jock strap that has a pouch of sufficient size...they're supportive, and do hold me in, but "squish me" in. My jock straps are insufficiently comfortable to wear in lieu of briefs.

Based on some of the posts here, it would seem that pouch briefs would be appropriate, but many don't come in a 44" waist...and frankly my weight is going to be changing so much, that I'm not ashamed to admit that cost *does* matter! Remember, I'm aiming to lose a FOOT off my waist in the next year. I don't want to spend $20 or more per pair, every other month!

Honestly, I'm here to get some help. So I'll just ask. HEELLLP!!! I know what the problem is...I don't yet know how to formulate the questions.

It's kind of a weird place to be.

Blorkin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Target has the evolve line by 2xist which is a major underwear designer. They are decently priced. You can also try fresh pair when they have a sale. Youcan get good prices at tjmax and Ross just stock with Calvin Klein and other major brands "basic" lines. Other than that good luck on your weight loss goals. You should consider before during and after pics they are a great motivator just don't do it too much, say every 2 Weeks or once a month. Good luck.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I already have a reply? Wow! Thanks! And, it's a good one.

Target store briefs? I would never have imagined! Does WalMart have a similar option? I live in a rural area, and the nearest Target is "only" 30 miles away...the WalMart is comparatively close. Alternately, online works very well, indeed.

Blorkin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't really shop at walmart but hanes and fruit of the loom are good suggestions. I would go with the briefs because they will provide more support. Also for me boxerbriefs tend to ride up because the leg part gets loose.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are going to be losing a lot of weight and need something that transitions from your current size to your desired size, I'd go with something cheap. Why spend a lot of money for something you'll be unable to wear sooner than later?

With that said, I am fairly active myself and I like boxer briefs, specifically the short-legged brother the "trunks." With trunks, there is less leg to ride up as mentioned in post 5. I like trunks because they generally have a designated pouch to give me support but no legs to ride up and coverage to keep me from getting, say, a wedgie. But this is me and you will have your own preference.

With that said, I am guessing you are going to be doing a lot of cardio which means a lot of sweating. Material might be of great interest to you. While cotton is OK, cotton will hold sweat and if it is on your crotch you will more likely get chafing or jock itch. You might want to invest in some underwear that is more high tech and able to manage sweat better than cotton.

I'm not sure what sizes correlate here... but many times online some of the bigger sizes are on sale because they don't move as much product as say... Mediums. For example, Jockey Euro Sport Microfiber Mesh Boxer Brief is on sale for $9.99, and they only have S and XL. These have some sweat wicking properties I mention, as well.

Cotton, but 4 pack larger size. Not sure about support... FOTL Basic

And in reality, I'm almost wondering if a jock-strap would last you the longest since... as long as the waistband holds up... has the least amount of items to be stretched out and thus unwearable. Something like a Duke Athletic Supporter for $3.95. They have sizes 2XL down, as well. So at that price you could just get one of each size and move down as they don't fit.

I'll leave you with that, message me if you'd like as I love underwear as seen here. Hahaha.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've got a few jock straps already, but the pouches are insufficiently roomy for my package. Firm support, my ass...it's crushing support. They're great for exercise, but would not work for every day underwear.

I'll see if I can find the Duke ones...the photo seems to show a roomier pouch. either that, or I'll learn to sew.

Does anyone make their own underwear? Seems practical...jock straps, in particular, seem to be ridiculously simple garments.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've got a few jock straps already, but the pouches are insufficiently roomy for my package. Firm support, my ass...it's crushing support. They're great for exercise, but would not work for every day underwear.

I'll see if I can find the Duke ones...the photo seems to show a roomier pouch. either that, or I'll learn to sew.

Does anyone make their own underwear? Seems practical...jock straps, in particular, seem to be ridiculously simple garments.
There are definitely people that make their own underwear. I know a few on here do.

With that said, how big exactly are you? Many here are big, but I don't hear a ton of people saying they absolutely don't fit. With that said, again materials matter. For example, my C-in2 Bamboo pair is very stretchy. Not to mention that the pouch is one of the biggest I own.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, my penis is large, but not monstrous by the standards of this forum. It's about 4 or 5 inches when flaccid, and 8 or 9 inches in length when fully erect. If it's important, I can measure it.

It's the scrotum that falls out most often...I did measure it, it requires 7" of coverage to go around me, and for that coverage to be provided by the 2" strip of fabric they put between the legs. Doesn't happen, obviously. My scrotum invariably falls out of one side...or worse, get tied up or pinched, or the worst is when the fabric splits the difference and cuts it in half! OUCH.

The real source of the problem is that I'm short and fat...which means 1xl or 2xl size, depending on brand. Well, they're never cut right...the rise on the regular briefs is so high that it pulls up to my ribcage. As they work their way down during the day, to my natural waist, the "pouch" falls with it...and ends up between my legs...again, I'm falling out. I've always worn the basic cotton ones, though, and I'm thinking some blended spandex might help.

I just picked up some Jockey low rise briefs the other day...they're so short that they barely come *to* my hips. Not sure they're going to work either, but maybe I can use them as a sewing pattern, or graft on some proper elastic on the tops.

Bottom line...the fit on extended size briefs is just pathetic. Pathetic. But it's still sufficiently tolerable that it's OK when typing on a computer, sitting still. But, I'm trying to lose weight, which means moving around...and that means that support is needed. No, free balling is not an option.

The jocks I've been able to obtain locally are cut very tightly...they fit, and they *do* hold me in, but by compressing everything way past the comfort level. It's like shoving a banana into a coin purse.

There has *got* to be something better, that is affordable. 2xist looks promising, as do the Target option, but even so...$10 or $20 per pair? For something I'm going to be replacing every 2 months? (Weight loss, hopefully) YIKES!

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, my penis is large, but not monstrous by the standards of this forum. It's about 4 or 5 inches when flaccid, and 8 or 9 inches in length when fully erect. If it's important, I can measure it.

It's the scrotum that falls out most often...I did measure it, it requires 7" of coverage to go around me, and for that coverage to be provided by the 2" strip of fabric they put between the legs. Doesn't happen, obviously. My scrotum invariably falls out of one side...or worse, get tied up or pinched, or the worst is when the fabric splits the difference and cuts it in half! OUCH.

The real source of the problem is that I'm short and fat...which means 1xl or 2xl size, depending on brand. Well, they're never cut right...the rise on the regular briefs is so high that it pulls up to my ribcage. As they work their way down during the day, to my natural waist, the "pouch" falls with it...and ends up between my legs...again, I'm falling out. I've always worn the basic cotton ones, though, and I'm thinking some blended spandex might help.

I just picked up some Jockey low rise briefs the other day...they're so short that they barely come *to* my hips. Not sure they're going to work either, but maybe I can use them as a sewing pattern, or graft on some proper elastic on the tops.

Bottom line...the fit on extended size briefs is just pathetic. Pathetic. But it's still sufficiently tolerable that it's OK when typing on a computer, sitting still. But, I'm trying to lose weight, which means moving around...and that means that support is needed. No, free balling is not an option.

The jocks I've been able to obtain locally are cut very tightly...they fit, and they *do* hold me in, but by compressing everything way past the comfort level. It's like shoving a banana into a coin purse.

There has *got* to be something better, that is affordable. 2xist looks promising, as do the Target option, but even so...$10 or $20 per pair? For something I'm going to be replacing every 2 months? (Weight loss, hopefully) YIKES!

Not all underwear is built with a pouch. If you look back up at my post 6 and go to my threat I have on here... most of the underwear I have has what I call a "designated pouch." If it doesn't, then my balls get all tangled up and/or squeezed. So, I know what you are talking about - you just have to make that a criteria you search for.... and you can normally tell if it does by simply looking at the model on the box.

Due to height/size... it almost sounds like trunks would be good. But then again, maybe not since you didn't like the low-rise. But then again the "trunk" designation is more about the leg length than the waist height.

As for the size (2 month) thing... I dunno. I don't think there is really a good answer to get a cheap AND properly fitting AND disposable underwear.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sounds like you need the basic, full cut briefs. I suggest Dickies briefs; I bought three pair for about $10 online. That way you won't have to worry about traveling so far to buy them. Nice briefs, and nice looking too!

They ought to hold that large package..

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'd try Boxer Briefs. They offer the best of both worlds. They offer support, which is good, but they don't crush the boys, and don't let them fall out. Wal Mart has some good stuff, Hanes, FTL, etc. They also carry "Life" by Jockey, while a bit more expensive, are durable, won't stretch out, and will last awhile.

The only bad part about Boxer Briefs is that because I have big thighs, they tend to chafe a bit in hot weather and when I get sweaty. That's why most of the time, I wear briefs. I've found that the Life briefs work well, too. Not too constraining, while offering the proper support.

I'm in your boat, I'm short, I'm fat, and I tend to carry everything on my belly. My thighs are big, but not disproportionately so. I joke that I've got a huge gut, but no ass at all. I'd love to be able to lose 6-8" off of my waist, myself. Good luck with it, 'cause losing weight is hard.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My goal is to lose 12" off my waist, by October. (birthday) It's definitely do-able, at only appx 1" per month, but it's still going to represent buying several entire new wardrobes over the next year.

Let's see...a pair a day, so 7 pairs x $20/pair = $140 + tax = $155ish every 2 months, on average, just for underpants? That's just shy of $1000 over the next year.

Jeez!

I wonder how much cotton-spandex jersey costs? Looking at it logically, I think making them myself will do much better for me. Medium rise, and as much support as I can engineer into them.

Hmmm. An interesting engineering problem...I already dabble in large scale architectural fabric structures, so this should be a fun project.

This general design looks like a good starting point. eBay listing...can't even find them on the Diesel web site. Maybe they're counterfeit, but who cares? The design appears to be halfway between a jock strap and briefs, and looks like it might work for me.

I've never drawn a clothing pattern before...this should prove interesting.
ViewPicture.aspx

Last edited:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My goal is to lose 12" off my waist, by October. (birthday) It's definitely do-able, at only appx 1" per month, but it's still going to represent buying several entire new wardrobes over the next year.

Let's see...a pair a day, so 7 pairs x $20/pair = $140 + tax = $155ish every 2 months, on average, just for underpants? That's just shy of $1000 over the next year.

Jeez!

I wonder how much cotton-spandex jersey costs? Looking at it logically, I think making them myself will do much better for me. Medium rise, and as much support as I can engineer into them.

Hmmm. An interesting engineering problem...I already dabble in large scale architectural fabric structures, so this should be a fun project.

This general design looks like a good starting point. eBay listing...can't even find them on the Diesel web site. Maybe they're counterfeit, but who cares? The design appears to be halfway between a jock strap and briefs, and looks like it might work for me.

I've never drawn a clothing pattern before...this should prove interesting.
ViewPicture.aspx
Those underwear look like they are holding a small kitten... :eek:

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I got some poly/spandex microfiber Life trunks at Walmart that aren't awful.

I have a flat ass, I'm boner-prone and I have thick thighs/quads, so I feel your pain. I like the UnderArmour jock as far as jocks go, and the waist is so elastic that a XXL will still hold you snug when you're a 34.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Those underwear look like they are holding a small kitten... :eek:
They DO, don't they?

I was just looking at the design, though. Looks like it'd be somewhere between a jockstrap and briefs...which would likely work for a number of us.

A shame they aren't available in my size. I'd buy a pair or 5. Hmmm, maybe get a pair anyway, and take them apart to make a pattern?

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I gotta say that I've been a briefs guy since I was a kid. I tried boxer briefs and don't like the way they bunch up under my pants. While I was in Florida over the summer I started going commando and loved it. Since then I've bought boxers and thoroughly enjoy swinging free. Not sure why I'm just not sticking to commando but... I've checked out several brands - and asked for recommendation on LPSG - and have to say that for boxers, Target's line are superb. Especially the softer, knit boxers. Wow! They feel like you're going commando. I really love these boxers. Highly recommended! I find it hard now going back to briefs.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've tried going without...never could get used to it. I *like* support.

The construction of those briefs seems fairly simple...looks more like a jock strap, in terms of structure. Should be relatively simple to reproduce. So, I went to WalMart tonight, and picked up some truly hideous spandex, to try making a pair. Got enough for many pairs...it was only $1.50/yard. Ugly, but should be sufficiently good for working out the pattern.

I am so SICK of briefs that don't even come CLOSE to a proper fit!

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Someone said, earlier, that a number of members here make their own underwear.

Who makes their own? I don't sew...this will be my first small scale project. Any hints for a first timer?