Underwear, under Swimwear

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by bthegreat, Apr 11, 2011.

1. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    I went to the beach over Spring Break and I had noticed that a lot of guys wear underwear under their swimming trunks.

Why?

I wore mine without them, I always do. Are there any other guys out there who wear underwear with their swimming trunks? And why?

2. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I guess it's part of the conservative style with younger guys... thinking that if there is no liner inside their board shorts that they're supposed to wear briefs or boxers - and that showing any bounce, bulge or VPL is inappropriate. WTF!!!!!

If board shorts were supposed to have a liner, one would be included- like a true "swimming trunk," that has that annoying liner stitched in- that many guys (guess what!) cut out. Part of the issue with shorts like this isn't just what's visible up front- but the top of buttcrack can also make an unplanned appearance in back... which I personally think is consistent with the look.

I think that "trunks" should fit the body that wears them- and that board shorts can be more showoff. Trunks should not show a lot of VPL, nor crack in back. They are the 'conservative' shorts for guys who want a safe, family-friendly choice, or are dressing for utility rather than style. Board shorts can show bulge, crack, and whatever else a guy can pull off. Even a guy who is out of shape looks better in board shorts than basic trunks- so it comes down to what a guy chooses to wear.

Just my thoughts, anyways.

3. mred0950

mred0950 New Member

Im too big for a speedo and I always fall out of regular trunks so I wear underwear beneath my trunks

4. B_afhotty4all

B_afhotty4all New Member

its just the style, no real reason. ive done it.

5. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think there are guys that simply don't know what they are suppose to be wearing. There is no conversation between dad and son

6. BoxersguyNJ

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my bathing suit is a boxer cut style and i dont like the mesh lining so i cut it out and wear underwear under my bathing suit i'll wear reg. boxers or y front jockey briefs under the bathing suit

7. badboybryce

badboybryce Active Member

Albums:
    I don't understand it either. It annoys me to see boxers or briefs displayed at the top of the trunks.

8. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    My only idea is that board shorts have become just another pair of shorts. They area worn around town, at the mall, etc. Not just at the beach. In that case I can understand wearing underwear (not that I would), but at the beach I can't make sense of that.

9. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I do it for a few reasons.

1. I like to sag a little/part of the style.
    2. Me and my friends are young and... stupid. Ancling might occur.
    3. I don't like to have a dick print showing. Not because I'm ebrassed or anything, I just find it inapproiate to do at a beach or a place children might be around.

10. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think that guys wear underwear with swimsuits for modesty reasons more than anything. I used to wear briefs or a Speedo under my shorts for support when I went to the beach. 5 years ago I decided that I can freeball instead, and like it much better.

11. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Looks like you have a lot not to show! :rolleyes:

Nice.

12. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks. Lol.

13. cgttown

cgttown Member

Albums:
    My dad taught me when I was a kid that I was supposed to take my underwear off when I wore a swimsuit, but all swimsuits back then had the liner. With suits today, I don't wear underwear if the suit has the built in liner, but if not, I usually wear a jock, compression shorts, or something similar. I don't like the rough material of the non-lined trunks rubbing against my junk. It make irritates my cock head. So I wear something underneath so it doesn't do that. I couldn't wear boxer under swim trunks, though, even though I wear them under my regular pants most of the time. They're too bulky for swimming, I think.

14. ThongerDude

ThongerDude New Member

Has it occurred to anyone how unsanitary it is to wear your underwear into someone's pool, and the damage it does to their filter?

15. Gary4588

Gary4588 New Member

I wear underwear under my bathing suit not because it's conservative or i'm trying to hide anything. When i was younger, probably 13, I was at the beach and the sand actually scraped the tip of my penis and the pain if you can imagine was excruciating for some time. I had to borrow my infant cousins circumcision cream to help it heal faster. Ever since then I have worn underwear under my bathing suit. I'm 22 now. For some it may be due to a conservative style but in my case it's because of a fairly "traumatic" injury from the sand.

16. D_Hammond Happydipper

D_Hammond Happydipper Account Disabled

No it's more of a insecurity issue then anything you posted.

Just like the towel dance.

17. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't...never have...

18. sleepiboi

sleepiboi Member

I used to when I was younger. The last couple times I've gone swimming though I didn't. It felt so much better, though I was worried about bulging

19. brian89

brian89 New Member

Albums:
    not sure about the filter, but I definitely find it unsanitary.

my dad taught my brothers and I to take our underwear off ever since we were kids. so it was weird to us to see our friends wearing them. but still, being influenced, I started to wear my underwear to sag them like my friends were doing. but i stopped after a few times because it was stupid. uncomfortable. Plus it just didn't look right to me.

..the only benefit that I see though, is when getting out of the water, diving, wrestling around, etc. The water always seems to pull my suit down or sometimes completely off. So im always having to pull them up and retie them. but the underwear kids never seem to have these problems cause they have their "backup"

..still think it's stupid though

20. coolestguy

coolestguy Member

I remember first time surfing with regular swim trunk which had liner. I got terrible rash between my legs afterward. Now I wear boardshorts only.

Draft saved Draft deleted