Underwear, under Swimwear

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you are afraid of showing the junk in wet swimwear buy a jock and wear it. Leave the underwear for dry land. I like to go commando under my speedo or board shorts.The sand flushes out very quickly.

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Are you also worried that your little boy will see some woman's huge breasts in a bikini as well? Yeah, right! This is just part of the bullshit and false worry about the human body that insecure parents teach their children and they pass it in turn to their kids. It's this insecurity that keeps parents from teaching their kids about sex & equipping them for their sexual health & safety. It's also about helping your kids establish better self esteem about their bodies.

Go to Europe and you'll see adults & children exposed to just about anything as natural. Look at their statistics and you'll see far lower rates of rape & other sex crimes, teenage pregnancy, body appearance problems (anorexia, bulimia,) STDs, etc. They are by far better adjusted than most Americans when it comes to sex and happiness. It's the same for most of the rest of the world. We unfortunately got fucked up by our Puritan societal roots.

I'm not suggesting that you run out and expose your children to sexual acts or sexual situations, but the natural human body itself is not inappropriate for children. It's only natural for children to ask questions when they see things. It's a parent's responsibility to give honest, age-appropriate answers.

I would be far more worried about what my kid sees on TV or in school, than some man or woman showing a wet outline of a body part on the beach or at a pool!

-----

Now back to the underwear thing. Like most young men's clothing trends, I think it has a lot to do with sexuality, conformity, body image, and insecurity. Having underwear sticking out is sexually suggestive by drawing the eye to the butt or crotch. It started as a prison-bitch thing that just caught on...

Ok. before this gets confused somewhere, I don't have any children, I'm just saying when I do. Ok, anyway...

No, I guess I'm not to worried about my son seeing someone's breasts, but that's a little different. It's hard to avoid something like that in everyday life. Seeing someone's penis bludge, pubes, asscrack, not so much.

I will have no problem teaching my son/daughter about the "birds and the bees", masturbation, and all that good stuff, but at the same time they should know NOT everyone is as comfortable with their/anyone else's body, and because of this, it's better to be conseritive, than walking around in a thong.

Also, I don't live in Europe, and have no plans to, so non of those things are worth me looking up. I believe you, but, I'll be blunt, I do not care. I live in America, where rape and such things are a worry. Also, while speaking in other countries, in Africa they barely wear any clothes, yet AIDs is all over there.

Over all, I'm not saying I don't "expose" myself for my children, but I'm sure there's women on the beach who share the same concern I do. When out in public, there are certin things that you do have to do that you would rather not. I might like to swim naked, but I'm not going to jump in the beach naked because I'm sure there's some people out there who wouldn't want to see my bare ass. (Tragic, isn't?)

Bottom line, I'm comfortable with my body, but not everyone is.

fcnate

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, while speaking in other countries, in Africa they barely wear any clothes, yet AIDs is all over there.

Bottom line, I'm comfortable with my body, but not everyone is.

I don't mean to get into a flame war, but WTF?

I don't know where you were educated, but people in sub-Saharan Africa, where HIV is most rampant, generally wear the same kind of clothing we wear in the US. You really think they run around in loin cloths or something?

You entirely missed my point and then demonstrated it for me! People in sub-Saharan Africa have limited sex education, many are taught false sexual beliefs instead of effective safer sex practices, and it is common practice for men to have multiple sexual partners without using protection. Sound familiar?

The point was where you have a society that is more sexually educated & body accepting, you have lower levels of sex crimes, STD infections, etc, etc. Proper sex education & positive body images reduces lots of bad consequences. If as an American society, we got our heads out of our collective asses and grew up a little, we would see a lot of positive results!

Anyway, I hope you have a good day & good sex!

Last edited:

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I don't mean to get into a flame war, but WTF?

I don't know where you were educated, but people in sub-Saharan Africa, where HIV is most rampant, generally wear the same kind of clothing we wear in the US. You really think they run around in loin cloths or something?

You entirely missed my point and then demonstrated it for me! People in sub-Saharan Africa have limited sex education, many are taught false sexual beliefs instead of effective safer sex practices, and it is common practice for men to have multiple sexual partners without using protection. Sound familiar?

The point was where you have a society that is more sexually educated & body accepting, you have lower levels of sex crimes, STD infections, etc, etc. Proper sex education & positive body images reduces lots of bad consequences. If as an American society, we got our heads out of our collective asses and grew up a little, we would see a lot of positive results!

Anyway, I hope you have a good day & good sex!

I'm tired. How about this, I'm going to just agree with you then continue dressing however I feel like to the beach/pools/near bodies of water, because the chances you'll never meet me to know the difference is very slim.

Good day and sex to you too! :)

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I hope your kids are educated in a public school. God help us if you home school. Your comment about AIDS in Africa being tied to their lack of clothing is one of the most ignorant I've ever heard!

camchain

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, look at this from my point of view. i have no problem with this say at the beech, but at the swimming bath's YES. I don't want to get in the water with some ones dirty underwear, swimming about with whatever stuff may come off them.
it would be like getting in the washing machine with them. surely this is a health and safety issue. think about it...

bayamon_55

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I use swimming square cuts and bikinis. For more republican beaches i have trunks without liner but in dark colors as to avoid frawns. But i do not worry much. I tend to wear square cuts on public beaches. Never underwear under. It screws up the fast drying properties of swimsuits. How can you live with salty wet cotton undies under swimming trunks is beyond me. The young kids wear boxers under their board shorts for fashion. That is what my nephews told me. They just want to follow the rest of the heard stylewise.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I went to the beach over the weekend and noticed that LOTS of guys were wearing underwear under their trunks...age made no difference...ages ranged from teens up to around 40somethings...

poibear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Many guys in Australia wear somethign under their shorts - usually Bonds underwear which is hot in itself. I'm not sure why but here you can get stung by sea lice as I did in Queensland. It felt like stinging nettles but being stung on the balls was not nice and having to go to the lifeguards to sort it out was embarrassing. However, being stung by bluebottle jellyfish and other nasties like irukanji is a very real risk so wearing undies under shorts isprobably quite sensible.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I do the whole boxers thing underneath my swim suite...

You wear boxers under your swim suit? I assme it's a board short style, but still. what's the point? I can see wearing briefs under swim trunks ( longer ones), which I have done because it makes a hot bulge, but it doesn't show penis head, if you're worried about such things.
Boy, we sure do get worked up about our cocks and balls, dont' we? : )

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
went to the beach yesterday and I noticed that most of the guys had underwear under their swimwear, the underwear was showing above their swimwear and some of the guys were wearing reg boxer type swim trunks, well I myself wear jockey Y front briefs under my swim trunks even though I only wear boxers