unfortunate little toss pots

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Levi, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Levi

Levi New Member

Albums:
    I do a lot of cycling, road racing and stuff and I have always found that cycling clubs seem to attract sad jumped up people who take themselves too seriously, get a bit obsessed with cycling above all else and the clubs have commitees composed of unfortunate little toss pots, who have many problems and dont seem to understand that their actions reflect badly on cycling as a whole.
    I am sure this is true of any form of club where self serving people take on commitee roles but what i don't understand is are people born as toss pots or do they develop into toss pots because they are at heart right wingers who believe themselves better than everyone else?

2. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Those types of fuss buckets are legion in just about any sort of sports organizing committees. I don't have much stomach for the continual bickering, turf battles, and petty politics that ensue.

3. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I spend most of my time in Seattle and Portland, and if you want to see bicyclists take themselves too seriously, visit either of those cities. As a frequent pedestrian, it can sometimes be a bit nerve-wracking to walk places if it's an oft-used bike route. Those assholes act like they own the damn path, and they often completely disregard traffic regulations.

4. Levi

Levi New Member

Albums:
    It seems that bullshit is inherent in any form of sport, people get carried away and arseholes vote themselves onto commitees.One club I know the whole club is obsessed with some 81 year old guy and you see them riding along at 10 miles an hour every Sunday because he cannot get up the hills anymore, and they all seem to be waiting for him to die or something, god only knows what they will do when he does die.

5. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I call it the "service club syndrome". they are everywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted