Unhappy sex life: Would you see a sex therapist?

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well been there & done this a couple of times...and still ended up in divorces and not keeping a real steady GF or female with me sexually for very long:frown1:
And also the open group sessions was sorta embarassing!
But on a positive note, they sorta helped out a little with the mental aspects but not so much the physical areas/aspects.
But it has merits to help some in many ways. Try it if needed.

haulthat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A sex therapist is just like any other therapist. By that I mean the title is meaningless. They vary tremendously from therapist to therapist. If the idea is even being entertained do a lot of research on them. See if you find reviews from previous clients. AASECT - Member Directory is a good resource for some countries, I am sure there are similar ones for others. Once you have determined if there is one in a practical location that would work well. Then it becomes are you on the same page with your partner. Can you suggest it to them in a manner that doesn't make them feel inadequate? Sex is a huge part of any relationship. Even if the couple has sex regularly but have become contempt with just fucking the partner, and not making love to them and being intimate it might justify sex therapy. It cant be approached as if its probation, or going back to basics... it has to be approached from the perspective that its something you care about because you care about that person and want it to be everything it can be with them. I hope that is of some help.