Uniform or Mix it Up?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Tim McGnaw, Jul 19, 2011.

?

Do you always look kinda sorta the same or do you change it up all the time?

1. Yeah, I think I have a personal style which you could call a uniform

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No, I like to change my look as often as I can and I love it

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I think I have a kind of uniformity about the clothes I wear, I tend to wear only certain colours and I like simple but well made clothes that will last me for a long time.

I'm also a fan of minimalism in design so that's reflected in my wardrobe. Someone once told me my wardrobe was "instantly recognisably you".

So effectively I wear a uniform.

However I have plenty of friends whose wardrobes change with the weather, and who look great trying out new looks all the time.

What do you do? Dress instantly recognisably like yourself or do you like to be a chameleon?

2. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F Member

I have a kid, he's the chameleon.

3. alx

alx
    Gold Member

I don't wear the same thing over and over but i guess what i wear is normally the same. Simplistic and quality.
    I'm very much the 'less is more' kinda dresser. Get your fitting right and you'll look spot on. That's what most guys don't seem to understand, get something that compliments your bodyshape.

So yeah ill say I kinda have a uniform. I'll wear any colour apart from red.

4. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I agree mostly, especially about cut and quality, but I admire people who experiment too, especially if they do so with aplomb! :smile:

5. alx

alx
    Gold Member

Oh yeah i agree, I just like simplicity. I'm a 2 back and sides kinda guy so simple works best.

My gf however is the total opposite, she's constantly changing her style. Especially the haircuts, Its actually hard to keep up with. But i love the variety and she loves my consistency.

6. absoluttarheel

absoluttarheel New Member

I definitely have certain materials and patterns and colors I stick close to. I wear what I like, what I think is "in" and what's comfortable. I love jeans...probably too much. It was 100 degrees today and I wore jeans...Now I also think my look evolves; I don't change it up on the regular, but it does change over time...

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a creature of habit. I rarely go for fads. I wear the same basic thing to work every day - slacks and a dress shirt.

In my off hours, I usually wear gym shorts and a t-shirt. Sometimes, track pants and sweatshirts when it's nippy. I'll dress up when I need to, but always prefer to be casual in athletic wear.

8. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now that I think about it... yeah. Polo shirt, blue jeans, and my Sperrys. Winter time? Same thing plus a cable knit sweater, a jacket, and replace the Sperrys with some Timberlands. Only thing that changes is the underwear, but it's all boxers or boxer briefs...

Draft saved Draft deleted