Unintentionally creepy-sexual-racist-funny commercials

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Huffington Post is running a thread called "Unintentionally Creepy Sexual Ads" which kicks off with the following:

The children's toy "Mr. Bucket" says, "Your balls pop out of my mouth!"

YouTube - Mr. BUCKET

This ad got me thinking about other weird and creepy ads I've seen on youtube. "Borderline Racist 1960's Jello-O Ad" begins with a narrator who introduces us to a "small chinese-type baby, waiting for dessert":

YouTube - Borderline Racist 1960's Jell-O Ad

Poor chinese baby! He unable to tell if this jell-o is strawbelly, raspbelly, chelly, olange... After chinese baby receive spoon, chinese baby velly happy (the narrator transposes the "L"s with "R"s).

There is something very disturbing about this child actress (she seems almost demonically possessed) with her Chatty Cathy doll. It's a 1963 commercial and she sort of reminds me of little Rhoda from the movie "The Bad Seed".

YouTube - Mattel Chatty Cathy TV Commercial 1963

This is just an all-purpose thread for funny, unusual or weird commercials.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I found this on one of my internet crawls through the blogosphere:

Dawn Dolls: The Toy of the Century!

The dolls are ugly and really cheap, and the voice-over reinforces all the lurid possibilities of misogyny and sexism implicit of the early 70s. Dance, Fancyfeet! Dance! Dance!

Extra bonus points to anyone else who thinks that the music was lifted straight from a Color Climax video.