Unknowing twins marry each other

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i honestly don't find it to be gross, and had i found myself in the same situation, i would have considered to staying married, though i would not have biological children. they weren't reared together and the only real danger is that some funky genes have a better chance of showing up in subsequent generations. they weren't raised together, their parents aren't married, they only share genes. as far as i see it, they aren't brother and sister in terms of family relationships, only by biology.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it just breaks my heart to even think about it. imagining how i'd feel if that happened to me. that's just terrible.

out of all the poeple in the entire world, they ended up with each other. gives me goosebumps.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i honestly don't find it to be gross, and had i found myself in the same situation, i would have considered to staying married, though i would not have biological children. they weren't reared together and the only real danger is that some funky genes have a better chance of showing up in subsequent generations. they weren't raised together, their parents aren't married, they only share genes. as far as i see it, they aren't brother and sister in terms of family relationships, only by biology.

They could stay together, but technically, their marriage isn't legal.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Considering the rising number of sperm donors who remain anonymous and women seeking these donations the possibility of this happening more and more in the future is to be expected. Good or bad, it happens and quite possibly a lot more than we are aware of. In this case, they found out; but not everyone does or will.

Let's for a moment take a look at a situation where a man has a sexual relationship with a woman when he is 17 or so. She becomes pregnant; however, her famly ships her away and he goes off to college without knowledge of her pregnancy. She has the child and puts him/her up for adoption. Meanwhile the man has headed off in life and marries a woman with whom he has another child. The man dies shortly thereafter in a horrific accident. His child grows up and heads off into the world and meets his/her half-brother/sister and they get along so well and are so much in love that they marry. What are the odds that they will ever find out of their genetic link? (remember, among other things, the father of both is now dead and he never knew about the first child)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alton is concerned that the new bill would allow the biological identity of one parent to be removed from the birth certificate, PA reported, and that there would be no way for the child to know if they had been donor-conceived.
He told PA on Friday: "The state is colluding in a deception. We are opening the door to more cases like this one. One of the most fundamental things of all is to know who you are. The issue here is about human rights.
"A birth certificate that omits any mention of your true origin falsifies your history in a very significant way."

I can understand the privacy issues for the parents in both donor or adoption situations. I would think that it would be a simple enough solution to give the parent/donor an identifying number which could be placed on the birth certificate. This would provide the children with the ability to ensure they don't share a parent with a potential lover as well as allow them access to medical histories without compromising the anonymity of the parent.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I guess now along with getting pre-martial screening for STD's and genetic disorders it will be necessary to get screened for close relationship between the proposed spouses.