Unnecessary Censorship in Politics

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's a real problem when religious beliefs are put into consideration first before the facts. This is a link to an article that features the well known "Situation Room" photo from the White House during the Navy Seals operation last week. An orthodox Hasidic newspaper called Der Tzitung has photoshopped Hillary Clinton and Audrey Tomason out of it following its policy never to print pictures of women... because photos of women are "sexually suggestive".

Hillary Clinton Photoshopped - Situation Room Photo | Styleite

Am I the only one out there that thinks this is a stretch?

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't really call this censorship in politics. I mean, while the article accompanying the altered photo (and indeed the photo itself) are based on a political event, they were printed in a religious paper. Der Tzitung (aka Der Zeitung) is the Brooklyn Hasidic equivalent to The Catholic Times. The distribution is almost certainly near to 100% Hasidic Jews. They share the same views as the paper's editors, at least religiously.

Does that make it right? Probably not. But considering the press this is getting, you'd think it was a state-run news agency. It's a religious circular. They don't have to print facts. That's kinda the point.

ColoradoGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I wouldn't really call this censorship in politics. I mean, while the article accompanying the altered photo (and indeed the photo itself) are based on a political event, they were printed in a religious paper. Der Tzitung (aka Der Zeitung) is the Brooklyn Hasidic equivalent to The Catholic Times. The distribution is almost certainly near to 100% Hasidic Jews. They share the same views as the paper's editors, at least religiously.

Does that make it right? Probably not. But considering the press this is getting, you'd think it was a state-run news agency. It's a religious circular. They don't have to print facts. That's kinda the point.{emphasis added}

^ Well said. This is generally the problem with any religious "news" outfit.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Does that make it right? Probably not. But considering the press this is getting, you'd think it was a state-run news agency. It's a religious circular. They don't have to print facts. That's kinda the point.

This is exactly while I disassociate myself as a Jew. I identify as Jewish yet I cannot understand much of the doctrine and the reasons why they continue to do certain things. It makes me ashamed of my people, that this sort of sexism takes place. Lets not even mention the racism I see on a daily basis from my Hasidic family, second cousins, far removed. Still I can't fathom why this is allowed at all. Its a clear violation of the laws concerning photo copyrights, not to mention the huge punch in the face to women. Ridiculous.